MBA in Kolkata: One Month @ BIBS

9 Posts  ·  11 Users
About this group
It's been a month at BIBS. The 10-day orientation is over and regular classes have begun. We had some fun time during the orientation session. Among all the activities assigned for the session, Rs 500 challenge project was the most interesting. In...
Page 1 of 1

is bibs is good for mba.. what about placement.. any one plz suggest me good colleges in kolkata for mba..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Awesome ! its like you are a real life short term businessmen

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

wish you all the best of your management career in BIBS

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Wish you best of luck for your future in BIBS

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Management colleges these days are really coming up with some mind-blowing ideas. when i did MBA, there wasn't any orientation in those days. Nice attempt by BIBS.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Mgmt clgs these days are really coming up with some mind-blowing ideas. When I did MBA, there wasn €™t any orientation in those days. Nice attempt by BIBS

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Given a chance, I would try fuchkas. Bongs would never ditch the idea.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Rs 500 challenge!! Sounds interesting. You could have tried chocolates €Ś as they are all time favorite.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

It's been a month at BIBS. The 10-day orientation is over and regular classes have begun. We had some fun time during the orientation session. Among all the activities assigned for the session, Rs 500 challenge project was the most interesting. In a group of five, we had to contribute Rs 100 each, and with Rs. 500 as total investment we had to generate profit by either selling a service or a product.

It was a new experience for all of us. For the first time we stepped into the market as sellers. At the end of the activity all the groups managed to earn some profit, so our confidence curve went straight up. My group managed a profit of 60% which is pretty decent. We sold combo pack of rakhi gift in front of parks, schools and colleges in Kolkata as Rakhi was the closest festival around that time. The professors appreciated our idea.

On the 4th August, 2012, the college had organized the Management Guest Inspire Series. Industry people from PepsiCo, L&T;, Philips & Capexil Eastern India was in the campus. They shared some interesting stories from their corporate lives and gave us an overview of the work culture in the corporate environment.

In the Q&A; session, I had asked them a question - how to handle challenges in the first six month of work life… an obvious question from a fresher. The answer which I received from them completely changed my mindset. I always thought that it's good to do a lot of things in the first few month of one's career to prove oneself. But, I was wrong. They said that it's important to give quality work. So, instead of trying a lot of things in the first few days we should attempt to take up task which we will accomplish successfully.

One month at BIBS went smooth. A friendly atmosphere always makes learning easy. Here, at BIBS the provision for tutorials is very useful to clear individual doubts.

1 comment
Y_ABBAS
@Y_ABBAS  ·  0 karma

business from the first very day ........ 😛

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...