Yes definitely it would be great if someone experienced could give us more perspectives in terms of Job Openings and Career Opportunities based on various Parameters like the University Ranking's , Course Value/Demand , Geographical Advantage and etc etc. Hoping to get some opinions and views about the same . .
moved the thread to general career discussions.
hi mate ....thanks for the post......started being here in pg...a fews days back....even am with the same mindset as of u .... i mean thinking to kick start an own firm right after my mba.....and the first thing i searched here in this pg was for the one with ur heading ....any ways...that was an informative one ..... but i think we can add more to this ...its better if we compare interms of
As an MBA Aspirant , i am sure that many of you would have gone through this Cycle of Dilemma whether to Pursue and MBA in India or Abroad . There are Various Pro's and Con's for both of them . Therefore i would like to know different opinions about Everyone here , so as to what are the benefits of one over the other . Since its becoming really hard to Choose whether i should do my MBA here or aborad. Also keeping in mind that after my MBA at somepoint i would like to start with my own business and not settle with a job in the long term .
I am listing below what i feel are the Pro's and Con's
Pros of Doing my MBA in INDIA -
* I will meet people from different parts of the country , which will lead to a crowd from diversified cultures .
* Here everything will surround things about the ecosystem of india which will be more Location specific or i would say business in relation with the Indian ecosystem .
* At the end of the day , students studying will be intending to do a business in india , which means that the case studies and teaching will be more relevant to what can be done in our Country .
* The students i network with will be really valuable because their end objective is to do something in the country , which will keep them in my geographic reach whenever i want to get in touch with them .
* The alumni is also always in my geographic reach than compared to an alumni who is located in some part of America , only thing i could do to connect with him is to keep in touch with him online in some form coz its too far to go meet him on a regular basis .
* People will bring challenges from different parts of the country to solve and from my limited understanding that is exactly where the business opportunity lies and it's always easier to start a business in india or should i say that was the end objective while choosing the program itself .
Cons of doing an MBA in India -
* Students joining the course here will by and large consist of Freshers who are new to the industry or might have very little understanding about the Real time challenges of the industry .
* Chances of getting admits in a Class B college are higher than a Class A college , considering both the sides of the coin , but still being optimistic .
* Lack of World Class exposure from students from different countries .
* Problems and Challenges being only country Specific looking at the students will lead to lack of vision from a global point of View .
* Looking at the indian Scenario probability of students flowing into these courses come with the Agenda of Getting good jobs or higher paying jobs and not entrepreneurs , which leads to a very job conscious environment .
So it more of becomes like an additional degree type course than a business opportunistic agenda .
Hence i would really like to know positive and negative views about this topic.
I regret the Inconvenience Caused if i have Posted this Thread in the Wrong Section , because i could not find an Appropriate place to post it , i have Posted it here..