MBA in India

1,187 Posts  ·  6,354 Users
About this group
Day 0 kicked off with participants being taken for a day long ride for some shopping and sight-seeing in Ahmedabad. We were told quite a few participants went for the same. Yours truly had just arrived on campus and had other "important" work to d...
Page 1 of 119

dsm dtu or fms bhu???? which one is better please help>>>!! 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Which is better for experianced person, bimtech noida or imt(ngp,hyd)??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How do I apply for off-campus placements during my final year of an MBA?

1 comment
Niveditha_IPL
@Niveditha_IPL  ·  5 karma

@Dhanrao Ideally, I would recommend you to look for options through your college placements. Any decent college/university will definitely have a long list of companies visiting them as part of their placements. If in case you still want to try your luck in off campus placements, the right place to begin search is on the more popular job sites like Naukri, Monstar etc. Invest time in preparing an attractive resume. Research on the kind of company that you would like to work for and apply for relevant job openings on these job portals. A classy profile on LinkedIn will help too.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can i expect a call at cat 60 percentile..even if i score good in ISC paper.. General category aspirant.. What can be xat cutoff for same.. Someone please help whethet is it if any use if appearing for ISC paper at such low score

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is MBA what you think it is?

They say if you throw a stone in any direction, it'll definitely hit an MBA. Well, it might be the case. But, MBAs are not the ones who will drift to escape it, they will catch it and throw it back with double the force!

MBA sounds quite a professional degree to most. People think it's about suits, meetings and presentations. However, many do not realize that there is a lot of different kinds of stuff which has to be done and completed before one wears the suit to proceed to a meeting for a presentation!

The target chasing before that corporate room meeting is neither shown in movies nor in the flashy images on websites of the company. The beautiful girl sitting before a laptop and smiling is probably for a flash second, after which she gets back to work, which is far more serious and difficult than posing for a photograph for a magazine or career page of a big multinational company.

Finance is a field which many aspire to be a part of thinking they would be like Hrithik Roshan of ZNMD. True, finance people do that, but just a few of them! Not everyone is a hot shot investment banker. Many are analysts and associates sitting in front of laptop and making reports, analysing data and providing consulting services.

Marketing, which happens to be my area of specialization, is perceived to be a field where a person gets to travel a lot. I used to think so before getting into it. Well, yes, if it is sales. Travelling it is, but not the one like Kareena and Shahid in Jab We Met! It's travelling to distributors' offices, sometimes to shops and yes, between cities and states as well. It's not a leisure travel, but the one of pressure and chasing targets! Brand management, generating ideas and coming up with taglines for products is something that most marketing aspirants dream of and what comes the way of few of them only after they have had a lot of ground level experience. For some, even that doesn't happen. I am not saying people do not join on these positions, but it's like top 2% of the MBA's in marketing. Rest have to make their way up to that point.

Many aspirants think of taking HR as majors believing they would be the ones throwing interesting questions at candidates during interviews after few years. Yes, it's a part of HR but that's not what HR is all about. It's much more than that! Training and development, deciding compensation of employees and managing events in the organization are all a part of HR, and the list is even longer!

There are many misconceptions regarding what MBA is all about, and what an MBA does! I am no expert on all fields, but yes, I am an MBA, and a happy one! This article is just to make the picture clear for the ones aspiring to be one. All the best!

Always a student!
7 likes1 comment
findrwitam
@findrwitam  ·  0 karma

Indeed!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi everyone,

What are the best 1 year full time executive MBA options in India for people with 3+ years of work ex? It would be appreciable if someone could share few colleges with their ranking orders!

Thanks,

KS

KS
1 like1 comment
connectlalit
@connectlalit  ·  0 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am a married guy(28) and I want to pursue MBA, can you suggest me some best MBA programs that are not residential? But are top 20-30 in India so I can gather courage and take the case to my wife for approval 😛 (assuming i can crack met, atma snap like exams easily. m not sure about cat though)

2 likes2 comments
keepsmiling2021
@keepsmiling2021  ·  0 karma

#

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
keepsmiling2021
@keepsmiling2021  ·  0 karma

@CaptainNemo  Few B-schools provide accommodations for married couples as well. I think you may consider those colleges as well. Also, could you share your experience and other profile details so that people here can provide more appropriate suggestions for you?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey puys..I have an important question to ask..

I see myself a part of the e-commerce / start-up ecosystem right after an MBA and as an entrepreneur myself in next 5 -7 years..

My questions to you guys are-

1.Which b-schools have a stimulating and incubating environment for those interested in this field?

2.Which b-schools attract most of the startups for placements?

3.Which MBA stream should one prefer for the same?

As of now,I have got 96%ile in CAT15 and expecting calls from Sibm pune and nm mumbai..

Please help me how to go about this..

TIA

1 like1 comment
Rollercoasterride
@Rollercoasterride  ·  489 karma

I may not be able to answer both your questions directly, but surely could let you know one thing that you have ample opportunities of working with startups in any B-school if you want to take those opportunities up. The number of startups visiting bigger and more famous b-schools is less as most students want to go for established companies. (Most, not all. Many aspire like you too) However, opportunities of doing your summers and live projects is always open wherein you can actually learn by working with startups and then decide for yourself if they suit you well. This will automatically direct you to the startups coming for placements and give you an edge.

Since I am a marketing guy, I think marketing is somewhere you can grow manifold and make a good career ahead, a tad bit more than other streams. Operations seem to be fine as well. Having said that, people do wonders with streams like HR and IT too, so there's no end to possibilities. E commerce, especially in tier 2 colleges, has a great presence in placement books, so you do not have to worry about that before taking admission in any of the known b-schools.

Hope this solves at least some of your purpose(s).

Good day! :) 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Proud to say that Faculty of Management Studies has now become Institute of Management Studies after President's final approval. Now BHU has 5 institutes. Cheers to the efforts from our students, alumni and faculty members

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guyz, need some valuable suggestion regarding, whether I should do MBA or not and what are the benefits for me. Profile: 10th - 90.8% - 2007 12th - 79.8% - 2009 B.Tech - 8.1/10 (Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh) - 2013 Workex: 1) Mu Sigma Business Solutions, Bangalore as Decision Scientist/Data Scientist - 21 months 2) Novartis Healthcare as Analyst in Business Analytics team - 7 months Current Package > 9 LPA Many Thanks in Advance. Also suggest, which MBA would be best for me. Personally, I want to stay in Analytics/Consulting Industry.

1 like1 comment
gwari.vinay
@gwari.vinay  ·  32 karma

No need for mba if your package is more than 8lpa

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...