MBA in Football Management: University of Liverpool

52 Posts  ·  46 Users
About this group
Hi everyone, Recently, I read about a program offered by the University of Liverpool. The course is a one-year MBA in Football Management. Students get opportunities to intern at Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd, and hordes of other clubs in...
Page 1 of 6

i am a student at NIT surat (II yr electrical) but i wud really love to go into football management. i hav read da above posts but i wud like a coaches job more dan a secretary's. cud u guys help me find a program???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
From my limited knowledge of football I would like to answer some common misconceptions....

a)You don't need to be a footballer to be a football manager,there are plenty of top level managers who haven't played football at any professional level.....Rafael Benitez,Jose Mourinho,Andre Villas Boas etc...although it obviously helps to be a footballer but there are plenty of high profile footballers who has failed as managers....

b)Football Management is obviously a tough job with lot of competetion....also job security is NIL....as you will work on contractual basis...its impossible to get a job at any top club without any experience...

c)You need to get your coaching badges done before you can even think about getting into management almost every manager has worked as a coach at a youth academy etc...only a handful make the step up to a full time manager....

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Good to footie nerds out here...

Can anyone pls give some insight into the financial requirements to join this course...i mean fees and the career prospects after completing it.

thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone here who is pursuing the FM/FI course(s) presently ? I'm really interested about this idea.

Currently an UG level student (Engineering), so should I do an MBA in say HR/Finance from India, work for 2-3 years and then apply for these courses ? Or is the MBA not an absolute necessity ?

Any kind of response would be really appreciated. Cheers.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Deat All,

I too was amazed at this course .....But my concern is what is the future prospects of an Indian doing an MBA in Football Industries in the UK. I mean why would any UK company or club give the Indian a job rather than a person from Scotland having the same knowledge??

Also does anybody know anyone who has ever done or applied for this course??

Someone please help me on this:|

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

wow.... I am actually amazed that this thread is still running even after 3 years...

Anyway for the new guys planning to get into this field out there... I would recommend only one thing.... get some experience first before you can opt for either a general MBA or a area specific MBA's eg: MBA(Sports Management).... And then depending on your life and the then scenario try applying for these Universities... Otherwise there is no point in doing an MBA from some godforsaken University and getting out without a decent job... That is exactly what I am also doing right now.... Getting some experience work hours... Once that is complete you are open to apply to any University which sounds good to you 😁

This is my opinion... If you want to apply straight as a fresher then do it, but then you are limited to very low level universities like Birkbeck etc.. and that too with an MSc rather than an MBA.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

After going thru the thread which runs from 2008 to 2010 and now we are in 2011, i believe none of these ppl posted have really banged the univ of liverpool doors yet. has anyone gave a thought about this course ? other than watching espn/star sports when we think abt football?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am very happy to know abt this program :wow:, but wanna know that is it needing any background of playing football with state level or anything. As i was alwazys interested to play but couldn't play due to Family constraints. I am dam crazy abt football & will be thinking of the course for sure.

Thanks dude.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is work experience mandatory? it says we need relevant experience.What does that mean?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
do not worry ......... very soon our country will run a course MBA in cricket Management

recruiters : IPL , ICL , CAB etc etc

world is changing rapidly

its 2010 n yet there is no scope for this course in India !!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...