MBA in Canada VS. MBA in Australia

37 Posts  ·  137 Users
About this group
Hi Puys, I have been gathering a lot of information regarding the best B-schools in different Geographies and the leaving out the absolute BESTS (Ivy League and a few UK schools), I have got certain feedback on the B-schools in Canada (Rotma...
Page 1 of 4

Hi guys, Im a BMS graduate - 80%, 12th - 84%, 10 - 96% and currently having almost 2 years work ex. i wanted to do an MBA from Canada Australia or New Zealand. But without GMAT, is it possible? Do we get good job opportunities after doing an MBA from there? which universities are good. please help im very confused at the moment. Also, i was considering an MBA from Japan. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi I have completed my graduation from Thapar University ( Computer Science ) in 2015. Presently i am working as a software developer with makemytrip . Its been 4 months . I wish to pursue MBA from Canada and settle there after that . I dnt have much idea about the whole thing. I ll be very grateful if u could help me with these queries: 1. Which are the best b schools in Canada and what specializations are they known for? 2. What are the job prospects in Canada and India after an MBA from Canada ? Most probably i ll get my PR by the time i complete my graduation. Thanks in advance 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I'm interested in doing mba from Thompson Rivers University (OR V I U) . I haven't written GMAT/GRE exam and i'm planning to take admission with only Ielts. please suggest me if it will be worth doing an MBA as per job perspective out there(no come back as priority).Help me!

Do it Today or Regret Tomorrow !!
13 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 13
AvinashThawani
@AvinashThawani  ·  0 karma

add me 9930547530

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
prince_mahe
@prince_mahe  ·  3 karma

Hi

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@mba-help My Profile is-

10th-78.50

12th-74.50

Btech-66.12

Work Ex- 32 months in Tech Mahindra as Senior Software Engineer

How much GMAT score according to my profile is required to get into top B Schools around the world and list a few of them..?

Samay aane pe bahut kuch likhunga...
1 comment
piyush2013
@piyush2013  ·  0 karma
My Profile is-

10th-78.50 12th-74.50 Btech-66.12

Work Ex- 32 months in Tech Mahindra as Senior Software Engineer working on various DWH tools like Informatica,Cognos and Teradata. Worked for clients like Barclays and GE and have received various appreciation letters. Also involved in RMG activities .

Extra Curriculars- Member of Teach India foundation. Member of Toast Masters.Participated in various District and State level TT championship. Coordinated various events at school and college.

How much GMAT score according to my profile is required to get into top B Schools around the world and list a few of them..?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello Puys,

I am beginning my journey towards an mba from a top university in Canada. I intend to take up my gmat in 2014 and get an admit for the fall 2015 batch.

By next year i will have 2.5years of exp as a Business Analyst in the Procurement/Supply chain domain at Reliance Industries.(As a Data Analyst-handling Spend, Inventory, Performance enhancement and supply market Reports).

I have done a 1 year Internship at Asus Computers.

Engineering from Mumbai University-66%.

12th-88%

10th-84%

can you please shed some light on

1. which universities r within my reach(expecting to score 700+).

2. what r d job prospects after mba.

3. what is d average salary after mba from top colleges (Queens, Sauder, Schulich etc.)

4. also which specialization will be best for me.

Regards,

Ronak.

You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. -Christopher Columbus
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello All,

Im Akshay...Ive completed my BE and i aspire to do MBA in canada,

coming jan 2014 i will have around 2 years of experience in Wipro Technologies(IT company) as project engineer.can u kindly guide me ..

1.which canadian business schools are recognised in US for getting H1B?

2.after how many years of experience can we move to US from canada after completing mba there.

THANX IN ADVANCE😁

1 comment
Taloola
@Taloola  ·  0 karma

Did you get any replies.. ? Bcas I am looking for the same.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi.,

I am currently doing my b-tech from a college in Kerala, India. And I wil pass out next year. I am looking forward on doing mba from canada. Will the fact that i dont have any work experience be a problem in getting admission there?? What are the qualifications in getting mba there apart from being able to pay the fees?? Is getting admission there a difficult process??
Someone plz help me with my confusions.
Thanks.
4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
vstreak
@vstreak  ·  0 karma
@niddd most people here have worked and gained experience. If you're passionate about your MBA then even after two year of work ex you will apply to an influential college.
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ambar09
@ambar09  ·  0 karma

Does anyone has any genuine feedback from some one who had a done an mba from australia and post mba scenario for jobs...would love to hear something..since a lof of focus nowdays is getting shifted to aus and canada...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Puys,
I have 4 years of work ex in Telecom domain, out of which 2 years in Operations/SCM.
I am seeking admission in a foreign university in a country where the cost of program is low. Many of my friends have suggested Canada. In Canada the top 10 MBA colleges mostly focus on Finance and Marketing.
Will my Telecom background affect my admission in University and then my placements after the course completion?
Please help me as i am really confused.
The more work-ex the less chances of getting jobs in other domain, will this problem also persists out of India??

I have done Engineering so should i go for Operations MBA only or can take Finance also??

Many many thanks

1 comment
coolknhot
@coolknhot  ·  28 karma
@Anharol ..did you get ant information about this....I am also sailing on same boat...
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I am confused - Both Canadian & Australia offer 2 year stay after completion of MBA.
Job Prospects : Australia seems to offer more opportunities. But I am interested in Finance.
And Toronto,being one of the biggest financial hubs(After NY),studying in Canada is very attractive.
Citizenship : This is much easier in Canada. I am not sure how easy/difficult it is to secure a permanent residency in Australia.

Both economies are doing well(compared to those in Europe) ,and will continue to do so.

Can an expert please comment on which is a better option(from an employment and stability perspective).
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@frankfurtadm Yes,it did cross my mind .
Frankfurt is a financial hub.
But I feel Germany has not marketed itself as a country for management education. Its more known in India for what it offers in engineering & automation field.

-What about opportunities post MBA in Germany?
I have many friends in Germany.But they completed their M.S. there.There's a skill shortage in the technical field,which I think German govt. is trying to address though easy visas and employment post MS. But is that the case with MBA as well ? Are German employers open to hiring international students(who don't speak German).Thanks

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...