MBA in biotech : good option or dead end

8 Posts  ·  6 Users
About this group
i have done BSc in biotech from mumbai university n wanna do mba Is MBA in biotech a good option or i should go for general mba. The course is offered by 2 insti 1.PUMBA 2.SIESCOMS placements offered by SIESCOMS are better as compared to...
Page 1 of 1

Thanks for all your inputs.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Sorry to disagree here.MBA in biotech would not be a great option in my openion as it would limit the scope for growth in ur career and the role that you would get to play in the industry.
I suggest that you go through the syllabus for this course offered in different insitutes.

If you r oriented towards biotech, then an M.Sc would be better option coupled with distance MBA or a one yr. MBA later on.

else, get a general MBA from a good college. And then,if u still want to work in a biotech industry you can always gain the domain knowledge in a short time and integrate it with you skills of general MBA.
hope it helps!

Tasneem Sayeed Says
Thanks for responding Neha, but I wanted to know, what are you presently pursuing? besides amongst PUMBA, SIESCOMS and UBS Chandigarh, which is the best in terms of academia and of course placements? Pls throw some light.

m presently in my final yr of B.Sc Biotech (DAVV Indore)

PUMBA wud definitely b d 1st choice...
Pune university's MBA(Biotech) is more reputed....n pune definitely has more industry exposure..

UBS is a gud colg too...bt placements did suffer last yr...
bt ROI is really gud as d fees is reasonable....CAT cutoff is generally around 90%ile

abt SIES colg i dont know much....u can check the pagalguy rankings...sry cudnt be of much help here...
ATB !

Thanks for responding Neha, but I wanted to know, what are you presently pursuing? besides amongst PUMBA, SIESCOMS and UBS Chandigarh, which is the best in terms of academia and of course placements? Pls throw some light.

MBA in Biotech specially prepares u to lead a pharma or Biotech company....but d advantage is u can go to any other sector too.

There is much demand for MBA-Biotechnology in Australia, USA and Europe apart from the one in India.

MBA in Biotech is also offered by UBS chandigarh
n UBS is a verrry god college.

Hey what are you presently pursuing? I am in the same dilemma...hope you can help me. Anxiously awaiting your response.

i have done BSc in biotech from mumbai university n wanna do mba
Is MBA in biotech a good option or i should go for general mba.
The course is offered by 2 insti
1.PUMBA
2.SIESCOMS
placements offered by SIESCOMS are better as compared to PUMBA but both collges are not well recognised.
What should i do???? I have got good acads but being sci grd i dont know abc of mngment......wc course should i opt for