I did BE in computers from Mumbai. Then went to USA to get MS in Computers/Information Systems. After that, I have 1 year job experience in US as a software engineer.
I am returning to mumbai for good by end of next year.
I am preparing for Maharashtra MBA CET, while working here in USA.
My focus is only JBIMS. (Bajaj-Mumbai).
(May be SP Jain, but it requires CAT, and am not planning CAT atall.)
The reason being I can not leave mumbai (for family reasons).
Here are my questions for you all:
1) I think, my MS + 2 years US experience will get me a good job in mumbai paying around 5 lakh , may be 6 lakh if i am lucky. (this is an assumption, any ideas?).
Is MBA from JBIMS going to make any difference in my salary after 2 years?
(considering the promotions, salary raise that i may get during those 2 years)
2) I think i will get a real good lateral placement with MS + 2 yrs exp, if I chose IT sequence at JBIMS.
But I have already taken most of the courses in their IT stream, during my MS .
So I was thinking of Finance stream, to learn new stuff, and i find it intersting too.
Will this switching hamper my salary/ job prospects after MBA ?
1) can not and will not leave mumbai for job/IIMs etc.
2) Only focus is JBIMS
3) MS + 2 years US job experience in software
4) Very Good acads, awards etc.
5) MBA finance from JBIMS or MBA IT ?