MBA @ Abroad (Specialization Choices & Career Path) - IT Professional

7 Posts  ·  16 Users
About this group
I am looking forward to do my MBA abroad. I have 8 years of IT experience and working as a Project Lead, here are my queries: 1\. I am yet to take my GMAT, what would be a decent score to get into top B-Schools (say top 20-USA B-Schools) ? 2...
Page 1 of 1

I am an aspirant of MBA from foreign University. I have very decent academics with 55% in my Graduation and no work experience. Are there any good university in foreign that accept freshers for an MBA program? My preferred countries are Germany, UK, Singapore. Please help :)))

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@laksh13 Be more specific. Which country are you looking at? I will still try to answer your two questions from what I understand

!. Try to look at graduate destinations on career pages while you are researching MBA programs. Kellogg, INSEAD, ISB, Harvard, Tuck, Emory, Duke, Ross etc. are good schools in consulting circles.

2. In order of rankings: Kellogg, Cornell, Emory, USC, Notre Dame, Boston, Babson etc
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@rich05 Read a bit more online and get your act together before anything else. If you can't research this bit, I am worried what you are going to do ahead. Tell me what you understand and I will help you.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

can somebody help me on what basis a Bschool should be shortlisted???

also can somebody give me insights about MBA in singapore???

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

1.Can anyone name B-schools good for consultancy abroad..say among the top 40..

2. Also please list top schools with 1 year MBA
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

In answer to your query..
1. Statistically the average score of top US B-schools is in the range of 710-730. And their selectivity is around 20% (i.e they admit only 20% applications) A decent score should be a 700.
2. Neither...an MBA is a degree to do business - either start something on your own or gain knowledge regarding an arena which you are interested/ passionate about (means that you will further someone else's business)
3. Everything depends on your Long-term goals- if they are in place...then you would know which subject concentrations you want.
4. Answer depends on 3
5. Most B-Schools do provide financial aid- grants, scholarships, student loans , and work study programs. Some external scholarships that you can research on are the JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indian
6. Post your long-term goals and lets see what career path suits you.

Hope this helps!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I am looking forward to do my MBA abroad. I have 8 years of IT experience and working as a Project Lead, here are my queries:

1. I am yet to take my GMAT, what would be a decent score to get into top B-Schools (say top 20-USA B-Schools) ?
2. Is a Career Progression Or Career-Switch would be more applicable for my profile ?
3. List of MBA Specializations relevant to my work experience that suit my profile ?
4. What B-Schools can i aim for the listed specializations in USA or elsewhere ? (Given that my 10th, +2 & UG GPA stands @ 8.0, 8.2, 8.3 respectively & have 1.5 years of working experience Abroad)
5. Any Financial aid / scholarships that i might be eligible for during my MBA tenure, if so what is the criteria in general and procedure to apply for the same ?
6. I would like to know the career path with respect to the roles, average industry pay and future prospects post-MBA for the listed specializations matching my profile ?

Please give me more insight on the above queries & help me out.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...