Master's In Management (MiM) (2013/2014 intake)

384 Posts  ·  276 Users
About this group
Hello Fellas. Lets start this forum for discussion on MiM / Msc in Management related queries. MiM and Msc are very popular in Europe and are regarded as an alternative to MBA (because most of the European school require 3-5 years of work experien...
Page 1 of 39

What is the CAT cutoff needed for MiM course of HEC Paris?

Sharad
1 comment
Abhyank.Srinet
@Abhyank.Srinet  ·  30 karma

Hey Sharad, 

HEC Paris being one of the top MiM destinations in not just Europe, but the entire world, requires a stellar overall profile instead of just a great CAT score. You should be at least in the 99th percentile of the CAT aspirants to have a competitive chance of getting in.

France is one of the few countries outside India that accept the CAT results for their admission process. You can apply to HEC Paris with a GMAT score above 690 too, to stand a realistic chance of getting admission, if your CAT didn't go that well. Also, there are two ways to apply to HEC, one is by the standard procedure, the other is through SAI, which allows you to target 5 French management schools with one application.

As I already mentioned, you need to perfect all aspects of your profile, and having just a good CAT/GMAT score will not get you into a school as elite as HEC Paris.

You can check out www.mim-essay.com to know how we can help you get an admit to your dream school.

More
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Hi,

I completed my bachelor degree in 2016 and worked in TATA consultancy services (TCS) for 15months (july 2016 to october 2017). After that i resigned from the organisation and is focusing towards development of a start up along with friends . Presently i am undergoing my gmat coaching and would be taking my gmat around mid of feb 2018. Am i eligible enough to apply for MiM courses in HEC,IE,ESSEC,RSM etc for 2019 intake (since 2018 intake deadlines are almost here )  whose admission cycles starts around august 2018 ??

Thanks in Advance

More
1 comment
ISBmantra.com
@ISBmantra.com  ·  2,237 karma

Going to be tight @m.jithin, but possible. HEC may be difficult, but you will have a shot at the rest.

All the Best!

'ISBmantra / EssaySunday Consulting'

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Hi!

Are the Mim degrees from Sheffied and MBM degree from Strathcylde worth for an Indian engineer?Are there job opportunities for Indians after masters in UK?

Thanks.

1 comment
Abhyank.Srinet

Hey Vig, 

Sheffied is triple accredited, which makes them one of the top one percent of business schools across the world. Their MiM program is a 12-month course and their partnership with SEIMENS, Rolls Royce, and other collaborators help their students gain a holistic learning. Likewise, MBM from Strathcylde is a 12-month full program triple accredited. It has 3 major areas of study, understanding business, developing management potential and building a career focus. You also get a chance to study abroad, Toulouse Business School, France. Also, as a graduate of MBM, you will also be given an opportunity to convert your MBM to MBA. Post graduation, graduated get an entry-level job at companies such as Accenture, KPMG, Morgan Stanley, Deloitte, Facebook, Google, Eon, PricewaterhouseCoopers. Hence, Both the programs are fairly well structured. 

With regards to the job opportunity, getting a job could be tough. With Brexit, there is an element of risk involved. Hence there is a chance of you coming back. It's not impossible to get a job but you will have to hustle, network to get one. 

More
Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

GRE® Global Spokesperson Jason, is available for LIVE CHAT now between 5 to 6pm

Post your queries asap: https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/live-chat-with-gre-global-spokesperson-mr-jason-baran-pagalguy-sept17-5802503074480128 

undefined
Write a comment...

Class 10: 9.6/10 (CBSE)

Class 12: 94.6% (CBSE)

Undergraduation in B.A. Economics(Hons.) from DU

Overall percentage: 72% (Top 20% in my class)

Extracurriculars:

1. Vice House Captain and House Captain in school for 2 consecutive years resp.

2. Completed a First Certificate English Course from the University of Cambridge with an A level gradation.

3. Participated and won the Stock Masters Competition.

4. Member of AIESEC for 1.5 years doing the following:

a. Learnt Graphic Designing and was the Team Lead for Designs for all the 1.5 years I was a part of the organisation. I worked rigourously with the marketing team in creating campaigns for various internship opportunities and thereby learning various aspects of Digital Marketing as well. Well versed in creating posters, pamphlets and any creative stuff possible online!

b. Organising Committee Member of a cancer awareness event and worked in conceptualising, financing and organising the whole event. I was the Marketing Head in the Organising Committee.

c. Organising Committee President of an event called Udaan for underprivileged children. Worked in a team of 4, including myself for the complete organisation of the event. Partnered up with 2 NGOs for the same purpose.

5. Worked with the Economics Society for 2 consecutive years as:

a. The Marketing Head for the fest. 

b. Organised 2 large scale events in the fest which had more than 20 teams in one of the events.

c. Worked with the sponsorship team to bring sponsors.

d. Active part of the Core Committee that organised the complete fest for both the years.

6. Member of the Debating Society and went for inter-college competitions as well. (1 Year)

7. Member of the Entreprenuership Cell of the college and helped in organising their internship fest as a volunteer.

8. Actively participated in various competeitions in school as well as college.

Internships: I have done 4 internships for Graphic Designing and Content Writing till now. Most of them were in startups.

What schools should I apply to with these credentials? Is my profile good? What GRE scores should I aim for to get into the top MiM schools?

More
undefined
Write a comment...

Hi Guys, I have a question regarding validity of Masters in Management from HEC Paris, Is the degree recongnized in (AICTE)India? Few of my friends told me that it not, and I am concerned as I am planning to apply

2 comments
ISBmantra.com
@ISBmantra.com  ·  2,237 karma

Hi @lali_3007! AICTE is an India level recognition and international programs do not need/take recognition from AICTE. HEC is AASCB accreditated and is one of the most popular universities in France. No issues on the validity of its degree.

Feel free to contact us for more information on other MIMs you should be able to target. MIT started one last year. 

All the Best!

'ISBmantra / EssaySunday Consulting'

www.isbmantra.com

www.essaysunday.com

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Abhyank.Srinet

HEC is by far the best school that is offering the MiM currently, not to mention the most competetive one, it already has the tripple french accredition which is provided to a select few schools and hence is regarded as one of the top french as well as European institutions. AICTE is an Indian concept it has no connection with France what so ever, nor does it influence admission or post grad prospects. Your focus should be getitng a 700+ GMAT and getting a great profile, coz HEC is very selective. You can check the strenght of your profile via the profile evaluation we offer http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/

More
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Hey Guys,

We got a lot of requests to post a link to our profile evaluation here, as some people were having trouble finding it via our other answers.

So here it goes:

Our Masters in Management profile evaluation service is apt for people who want to know....

- Where they stand among the various applicants for the Masters in Management degree

- Which college to target with their specific profile or GMAT score

- Which part of their profile to highlight to create maximum impact

- The probability of getting accepted into their target college

- Understand their strengths and weaknesses from the MiM perspective

What skills/qualities can be highlighted from their experiences & activities

and the best part is that this assessment is totally FREE!

Our team is fully composed of Masters in Management graduates from the top 10 schools and we would be happy to evaluate your profile or answer any queries you may have.

Our niche is the Masters in Management and Specialized masters so queries are welcome.

You can also take the evaluation directly on our site at: http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/

More
Founder at www.MiM-Essay.com; ESCP Europe MiM Graduate
1 like
undefined
Write a comment...

Hey everyone!

This is Abhinav. A year back I was also, like you,  going through MiM program catalogues from different universities in Europe. I selected a few schools which I thought to be the best and got down to writing essays and SoPs. It was quite difficult for me, managing time and putting my story across in 300 words or less. I contacted Gyanone and availed their services for essay editing. I was impressed by the knowledge they possessed about each college I was applying to. As a result, I got admits from ESSEC and Rotterdam School of Management. I am very happy and credit goes to Gyanone, who also helped me with interview prep and gave me valuable insights. I recommend Gyanone to all and wish you all the best for your admission process!

More
undefined
Write a comment...

Hi! Would like to get my profile rated for the HEC Program. I am applying for the 3rd cycle.
Thank you in advance. Cheers!
Undergrad GPA: 8.84/10 from a college in India which ranks 8th in the country. Translates to 3.53/4.
12th: 86.17%
10th: 9.8/10
GRE: 326 (Q:167/V:159) AWA: 4
Currently working for Deloitte as a Business Analyst. 8 months of work experience when I apply.

Fastest new hire to get spot award in the entire service line for outstanding value to clients.
Published a paper in a reputed International Scientific Journal. Impact factor: 2.38.
Co-founder and Marketing Head of a successful start up while pursuing undergrad.
President of the Music Club in the University.
Head Organizer for all the Music Events in the University's Annual Cultural Fest.
President of the High School with a strength of 3000.
State level Basketball Player.
Multi-Instrumentalist - Trinity grades in both Piano and Guitar.
Volunteer at Make A Difference in college
Bronze Medal at National Astronomy Olympiad.
Bronze Medalist from the Duke of Edinburgh for Social Service.  

More
Abhyank.Srinet

Hey Sashi, So overall your profile is pretty good, a good CGPA, decent GRE and some good work Experience, Delloitte's brand will help.  The strat up and extracurricular expereince will also help. Overall you should have  agood shot, but make sure your application is top notch. HEC is insanely competetive for indians, and if you are applying in the lte rounds, well it wont be easy. But make sure your essays are stellar and you can showcase what value you will add to HEC, and how you are different.  You can take up a full fledged profile evaluation here http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/

More
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am planning to apply for SAI admission through CAT. I would like to know what would be the GMAT equivalent of CAT percentile. Anybody have any idea?

Thanks in advance

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
ankur0291
@ankur0291  ·  24 karma

@Abhyank.Srinet I have 93.7 in CAT. 10th- 93, 12th - 88 , B.tech - 8.5 . 20 months workex with Shell as process data engineer. I have done many leadership roles ( VP of student committee etc ) . What are my chances ?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Abhyank.Srinet

Hey Ankur, will need more info to answer, please take the profile evaluation we offer here http://www.mim-essay.com/mim-profile-evaluation/

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...