Married people @ IIM : Accomodation,Concerns

72 Posts  ·  41 Users
About this group
What kind of accomodation is available for IIM's ? If one is married then is he allowed to stay outside campus ? Anybdy knows any married person doing PG's at IIM ? worst case,are students allowed "conjugal" visits !!!
Page 1 of 8

Give me a break guys.. i don see any sense of pragmatism in getting married prior to PG n that too if its MBA .

Marriages may be made in heaven but then atleast are conducted on earth only n one can always direct the timing ofcourse if not person always !!! A wife home sitting waiting while u stuck in presentation or something would not be something that u want ... just chill out , have a PG with u , work to 1 -2 years n have a good amount of money and as well evaluate u needs and requirements of married life n accordingly select ur partner (if u r not goin for luv life ) is my mantra !!!
N ofcourse y to miss out chances of meeting someone in PG itself ???:whatthat:

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

after the damn PG man...

Hold on for another couple a yrs...

make a career b4 u go out to make a home

I felt that marriage has nothing to do with the pg courses but then, it has a say.....
or may be it is the other way around.......

If we all agree tht marriages r made in heaven, then we cannot do anything about it...
May be we can.......

A lot depends on the timing our pg course. when r u gonna take up MBA???
As a fresher, no worries, go ahead do it and then u will surely be a much better packed product with a gud stamp to ur name and a lot more financially sound(assuming u get in any of the top 20/25 instis)

The problem, if can call it so, arises when there is a yr or 2 work ex behind sm1........

So what shud be done..........either marry b4 going and take leave the bride at home----Not at all. practically not feasible for a newly wed couple to stay apart ;-)

Another option is to marry and take her along.....but then i feeel, it will be at the cost of some precious learning. Most of the learnings at a b-school come by peer discussion..And it is absolutely impossible to interact with ur peer group for 20 hrs a day when u have a diff. hostel and a wife to care about....:-)

It does make sense to marry after the pg course....

If in any case u r caught up with a good match, one can alwaz do the engagement and then marry after the mba...

Disclamer : All the circumstances and possible solutions bear total/partial/no ( )resemblence if in case the person has "a love" waiting for this decision. Then it becomes extremely essential to see all the parameters like family wishes for both the boy n the girl, their ages, etc etc..Whether u wanna finish up with ur GF as ur WIFE or not????
If love has to happen, it will, anywhere, anytime, be it a b-school,b4 it or after it.

That is what i think!!!

I think we should ask Mods to rename the thread as "GF before or after PG @ IIM?"

wat ya say frnz?

HaPpInEsS is not d only thing in life BuDdY

what else is??

Wah Wah....I read the complete thread. More people from IIMs should reply to this query. Let me tell u real life example.
This guy is from IIM. Met his better-half during second sem of first year. Took half a year to understand n develop the relationship. The final year went in understanding each other. (For ur info, the final year in IIM is not as hectic as first one). Finally when both were sure, the love blossomed. The guy kicked his foreign placement (just becoz he was helping his beloved to crack CAT). He took a job in Invesment Banking, in Mumbai. D gal got into IIM this year. The gentlman is waiting for his sweetheart to finish her education. Both have gradually started revealing the facts to their parents. N they plan to do their PhD from USA, after two years of their marriage(planned up after two years from now).

Now this is how u expect two mature people to take charge of their lives. Hats off to this lovely couple.

Cheers.......

i didnt want to make it Spammer's Paradise ; but cudnt resist either

u knw na 😉 wot am talkin about hehehehe

hmm...guess its not spammer's paradise but rather its Most Elligible Unmarried's paradise who are so much concerned bout their "bright" future

Hey Euphi Dun b afarid

SoOoO wot if i wanna be ur frd.

yup yup, no prob...why should I deny any offer of making frnz especially of ur sort coz I too believe that HaPpInEsS is not d only thing in life BuDdY
Wot Say babli sis ;-)
whr r u babli...no1 is writing coz all r waiting for ur response? :wow:

What IS a "phirangee" chakkar?

I think married folk are more common in the FPM course compared to the PG; the prospectus specifically talks of seperate accomodation. Wonder if there's an option of living off-campus for married folks doing the PGP.

i didnt want to make it Spammer's Paradise ; but cudnt resist either

u knw na 😉 wot am talkin about hehehehe

Hey Euphi Dun b afarid

SoOoO wot if i wanna be ur frd.

Wot Say babli sis ;-)

donB Says
arre yaar kya ho raha hai yahan par?? Another spammers paradise? Kool lemme join in too!!

Damn! the moment you landed, and this thread is dead! Wake up fellas! 😉