Manchester Business School

42 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
Anyone here for Manchester Business Schhol? I have my interview for Mannchester on 13th Jan @ Bangalore. If anyone in this forum has any experience of an MBS interview, plssss share. Thanks!!
Page 1 of 5

Hello guys,
Refer this thread for all your doubts http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/manchester-mba-2008-25027478

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hey ppl..

got in at manchester..

hv admits frm HEC (10k schol) n rotman (10k schol)..

leanin towards manchester though..

do agree abt the expenses..they cn b pretty steep in UK..

dunno hw i'm gonna meet them..indian bank loan is my best bet s of nw..

nebdy whoz heard of n is pursuin other options..do lemme knw..

hope v all go to manchester..n come outta it hale n hearty..with no bruises tht is, financially..

Hi Rajan
I have just received an interview call. Could you please tell me where can I find some tips. In short can you also mention a few points to be taken care during interview.
Thanks
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Rajan,

I have my MBS interview in April, can you please help me with some interview tips. Please drop me a mail with your contact number at amitgupta1607@yahoo.co.in if it is ok with you

Regards,
Amit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Barun,

I have my MBS interview in April, can you please help me with some interview tips. Please drop me a mail with your contact number at amitgupta1607@yahoo.co.in if it is ok with you

Regards,
Amit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congratulations for an admit from Manchester B-School.

Can you please share your profile ??

I am interested in applying to Manchester but now i think its too late to apply this year. So, would be considering it next year. I would really appreciate if you could please provide some info. about the internships/placements of international students there at MBS.

I hope its an 18 month MBA...??

As UK/Europe are notorious for the placement scene post MBA.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello All,

Did not see much traffic on manchester this year. So thought of starting one myself.
I have got an admit for MBS this year and planning to take the plunge. Anyone else interested in Manchester ? Please share your views ...
For starters here is a link of interview of MBS Dean
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/334af14c-ad5a-11db-8709-0000779e2340,dwp_uuid=991cbd66-9258-11da-977b-0000779e2340.html

Keep posting
Amit
Bangalore

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
From what I have seen so far, the max. an Indian bank will loan is Rs.20,00,000 that too @ an interest rate of 12.5 - 15%. 😞

I have sent a mail to Gaer from MBS to enquire whether MBS has a tie up with any other bank in UK.

I had send a mail to Gaer about the very same fact and she said they are in the process but as of now they do not have any tie up. I have sent the deposit money for Cranfied. Rest are all in God's hand
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

From what I have seen so far, the max. an Indian bank will loan is Rs.20,00,000 that too @ an interest rate of 12.5 - 15%. 😞

I have sent a mail to Gaer from MBS to enquire whether MBS has a tie up with any other bank in UK.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey ppl..

got in at manchester..

hv admits frm HEC (10k schol) n rotman (10k schol)..

leanin towards manchester though..

do agree abt the expenses..they cn b pretty steep in UK..

dunno hw i'm gonna meet them..indian bank loan is my best bet s of nw..

nebdy whoz heard of n is pursuin other options..do lemme knw..

hope v all go to manchester..n come outta it hale n hearty..with no bruises tht is, financially..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
First thing, has anyone calculated the total expense (assuming NOcholarship). The figure that I have reached at from a simple calculation comes to Rs.50,00,000

Fees: 30,500 * 87 = Rs.26,53,500

Living Expense for 18 months (for a family of 2): 1500 GBP* 18 (MONTHS) * 87 = Rs.23,49,000

MBS website mentions the living expense to be 750 GBP which I am sure is for a bachelor. Moreover, I know that the living expense in UK for a family comes to approx 1000 - 1500 GBP pm.

Therefore, the total comes to 50,00,000 (approx). I know it's slightly on the higer side and actually it will be a few lakhs less than this (scholarship + 10% discount for 1st and 2nd round applicants) but I beleive that this is the approximate amount that needs to be arranged for. I have no clue as of now how I can arrange for so much money. I don' think any bank in India will loan such a huge amount. Guys, please respond with your opinion/advice.

I too have similar concerns. lets see what happens
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...