Management Education and Research Institute (MERI) Admission 2019-21

23 Posts  ·  1,623 Users
About this group

Join the discussion on Management Education and Research Institute (MERI) and Get all the details about Management Education and Research Institute (MERI) ,Management Education and Research Institute (MERI) Fees, Faculty details, Key benefits of the program and much more…

Page 1 of 3

“Ninety percent of leadership is the ability to communicate something people want” - Dianne Feinstein (U.S. Senator).

The power of words is greatest of all. The supreme power of a protagonist depends upon her communication skills. In the great Mahabharata, all Krishna lessons to Arjun were nothing but the virtue of words and the lessons were conveyed effectively. The INDIAN soil has always given many such leaders like Swami Vivekananda who had the art of utilizing the power of words. It is a name that inspires admiration and awe around the globe. This name has always influenced the greatest scientists like Nikol Tesla, visionaries like J.R.D Tata, PM Narendra Modi and the youth to several top leaders in the world. When he delivered a speech in Chicago in the parliament of religions in 1891, the world took notice of his message of kinship. Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Subhash Chandra Bose, etc. are all such great examples that our history is enriched with. 

What is common in these personalities? What traits do they share? Is their leadership style common or indifferent? No matter they practice a different leadership style, different communication style, different persona, different habits, etc. but what they have in common is the art of playing with words. They inspire people with what they speak and how they speak. It is simply the art of connecting with people. It is the G......loquent style. 

One characteristic of the great transformational leaders is the ability to inspire. They just don’t know how to bore and snore. Perhaps it’s because they know how to appeal to your why. But wait a moment, do you know what is transformational leadership? 

Transformational leadership is a theory of leadership where a leader pushes its team for embracing the change by motivating them, allowing them to set their goals and fulfill them on their own. There have been many transformational leaders' world has seen like Alexander the Great, Aristotle, Henry Ford, Adolf Hitler, Steve Jobs, etc.

The late Bernard Bass, a professor in the School of Management at Binghamton University, culminated in the theory of 4 I for the transformational leaders. These are: 

1. Idealized Influence: They kindle trust and loyalty among followers through charisma and positive behavior.

2. Intellectual Stimulation: Transformational leaders create an environment of intellectual stimulation and creativity is the key to success and staff are given guidance on how to optimize their problem-solving capabilities, including lateral-thinking exercise.

3. Individualized Consideration:  These types always treat their employees separately based on their potential. For them, the team is always an asset to them.

4. Inspirational Motivation:  It's been said that first, you change yourself and then others. With this thought in the head, a transformational leader inspires his followers to achieve their goal. They play the role of a mentor, friend and many more. They support the team and push them to embrace the change. 

Dolly Parton once said, “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader”. 

Isn't this article insightful? At MERI, the institute believes in turning students into future leaders with great capabilities. We are given ample of fortuity to hone our existing skills and cultivate new ones. We have an expansive library having the best books and case studies that strengthen our intellect and it keep us connected with the rapid changing world. Learning by doing is extensively promoted by our college. Concerning the above-discussed points, leadership is all about the power of words. Our institution always encourages the students to be part of the main streamline by speaking out. We have our media cell, MERI MIC the youngest cell of the institution that focuses on developing the interpersonal skills of the team. We conduct numerous national and international seminars, workshops, competitions, etc. and bring the students on a platform to develop interpersonal skills. We learn team dynamics, team management, leadership, and the list is nonending. The best part of our institution is; it is of the students, by the students, and for the students.  

I would like to conclude with an admirable quote by James Hues, the art of communication is the language of leadership.

Post 48086864894733
A top ranking B-School, MERI is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IPU),  offers MBA & PGDM courses. Our 24*7 Helpline No. 9871622771. To Apply-  http://meri.edu.in/meri/admissions/online-registration-form/
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

MERI MIC I believe Life gives us ample chances to explore, to dream unreal and to be acquainted with our unrevealed and disparate personality. It all depends on our perspective of recognizing those chances and grabbing the opportunities for making the dormant thoughts, ideas, talents and forces alive to become a greater person by far. I genuinely agree with the fact that centre of learning i.e. college plays a prominent role in nurturing up the personality of an individual. I consider myself fortunate for enrolling myself in such an Institution where our thoughts and dreams are valued before anything else. I never knew that I will gain management wisdom like no one else. MERI college has brought forth a precious gift of transforming dreams into reality by launching MERI COMMUNICATIONS, INFORMATION & MEDIA CELL (MERI MIC) A student media body and the youngest club of the institute responsible for handling PR activities of the college. It caters to the three major domains of the institute including Public Relations , Newsletter, Media Microsite on website and social media pages. When you are optimistic it’s always opportunity and when it’s opportunity just get down into the nitty gritty of every way possible to grab it. MERI MIC is such an opportunity which actually teaches us to peep in ourself and get accustomed to our unrevealed personality. MERI MIC organized many events since it’s launch. To count on some of them were MERI kavya Samvad Shrinkhala, Finance Seminar, Holi Mahotsav and many more. I feel immense pleasure to be a part of Media Cell. I never imagined that we will develop our skills unknowingly by performing the activities of Media cell. We applied Management principles for organizing the events, We are enhancing our Interpersonal and communication skills by taking bytes of every member involved in the event. We are developing our soft skills which is the need of the hour in such an interesting way like decision making skills , creativity and critical thinking. If learning is this fascinating who doesn’t want to learn and grow as a self-motivated person. There are Reporters, Camera Persons , Content writers, Editors, Creative Designers , Social Media Handlers in the Media cell and We all feel proud to called by these team tags. We perform team dynamics to make every event successful under the guidance of our Mentors. Ms.Swati chawla, Ms. Gurpreet Kaur Chhabra, Ms. Navneet Kaur Popli, Ms. Mansi Saxena, Ms.Deepti Kapoor. We got to experience what it feels when you are enthusiastic , excited and passionate for doing anything which triggers your capabilities, Potential and interests. I can surely say that along with the Management degree I am going to take lot of learnings, priceless experiences, on ground and practical truths of professional and real world with me. After all Future is not promised to anyone but your decisions is.

Post 48082033624859
A top ranking B-School, MERI is affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (IPU),  offers MBA & PGDM courses. Our 24*7 Helpline No. 9871622771. To Apply-  http://meri.edu.in/meri/admissions/online-registration-form/
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

MERI motivate students to join these clubs to facilitate good interaction, bonding, and performances. It helps students to revitalize and rejuvenate their energy and invigorate themselves to accept study & worldly challenges. 

Post 46645587121620
Sonali Gupta MBA 2018-20 MERI Group of Institute New Delhi
4 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

#ALUMINI TALKS #MERIANS TALKS "Opportunities don't happen. You create them. -Chris Grosser Everybody get the chance to go ahead and taste the success But There are few who recognize it and create the opportunity for themselves. MERIANS have always learned to create the opportunity and Stand out in this competitive world. NIDHI KUKREJA MBA BATCH(2017-2019) expresses her learnings in a beautiful way...... "Being a MERIAN was far more Brilliant than I could ever thought of. I encountered such things which were unknowingly nurturing me up for the Professional world. I would love to share my lessons 1. Be an avid reader, know what's going around in the world apart from the tech world coz apparently no one wanted a geek. 2. Learning fundamentals with a twist which include games and live projects and help to have hand on experience. 3. The core element or heart of college is the faculty who helped me in enhancing my skillset and overall personality and I was really lucky that I got the chance to do internship with one of the big 4 Firms Ernst & Young (EY) Undoubtedly it was the belief of my mentors that I was to able to get that opportunity. 4. Performed self introspection to identify my strengths and weaknesses. I like learning new stuff and this strength has helped me change gears in the professional world. Loved being part of corporate, non profit and even freelancing. 5. Be self reliant, adamant to give up easily and stay focused on my goal."

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For me It's always something Unique in the Parameters and indicators that help me in taking decisions of my Career. At the time of completion of My graduation I made my mind for Post graduation and When I was searching for the same parameter which can trigger me I just got my eye on MERI college. They were actually offering students the opportunity of Global Exchange Program which I found really exciting. The Global alliances with 25 international universities was the fact that really get me into deep search. After all the search and analysis I could really figured out the extent of opportunities MERI is offering to students. Finally I became the part of MERI family and I feel proud to be MERIAN.

4 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Life is 10% what happens to u and 90% how you react to it..💛☺ Great initiative taken by MERI college for the students with special needs #positive_vibes❤

Post 46297789505686
3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

There is a saying "Excellence is not a skill it's an attitude". Perhaps MERI college is writing it's own theory of excellence. The college prepares you to get the excellence with the skillset of leading the masses to self development and for others.

The following visitiors testimonials are not the only proof, but it shows the appearance and visibility of the college's excellence for generating the passion in youth to achieve their goals.

Post 46132981454980
4 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Management course allows you to obtain the knowledge and skills needed to assume management positions in a wide range of organizations but are these courses really a right fit for the same in actual scenario and in workplace?  
D. Blochler once said that “Learning is not a spectator sport”
Most of the management students would be familiar of these lines like ‘you’re not fit for the industry’; ‘Industry is different from this’ etc. by our mentors and corporate individuals but have you really strove to understand what it means? Why they say it on repeat? 
Colleges have done little to reproduce and distribute college courses, choosing instead to redo each college class, much like ancient monks reproducing the scrolls of history. Over the coming decades, the amount of education we consume to stay competitive will increase exponentially. One of the articles published in FUTURIST SPEAKER says that by 2030 over 50% of colleges will fail. The reason is that we will want education that is relative, timely, available on-demand, and fits within a specific need. 
All the above mentioned things can be achieved by teaching the management courses practically. Giving the students opportunity to learn by their own, providing those live projects, case studies and learning through games.

What if I tell you that all these things are being practiced in our college? I will tell you one of the learning I got from an event in my college. Management Education Research Institute organized Holi Mahotsav 2019 where the management students were given opportunity to setup food and games on a stall. These stalls were rented for 3 hours. We got an opportunity to showcase our entrepreneurial skills and take home ample of learning. My team displayed a food stall "Khatta Metha" where we had some chocolate items and bhel puri. We successfully applied many principles of different disciplinary that we had studied so far and also were able to make some profits out of it. We learnt about the practical application of supply-demand forecasting, b...ng, advertisement etc.

I would conclude by a quote given by Earl Nightingale that fits here very well, "Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored." 
Businesses need to take up that mantle, for their own self-interest and the greater good.

Post 45278161482750
3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
nmanika1 
3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

OPPORTUNITIES AT MERI I truly believe in the saying that “An unexamined Life is not worth living”. There are some situations when we encounter something escapade that creates remarkable impact on our mind and heart and It is actually an icing on the cake when you get to experience those startling moments in your college days. I feel MERI is such an Institution which provides students every opportunity to make alive all the dormant forces and talent in an individual to foster overall development. One of such opportunity that I got was short film/Documentary making contest-“PRALEKHI”. I still get electrified when I remember that wonderful experience. I could not ever imagine that PRALEKHI will originate the kind of ambitious spirit, deep thinking, persistence, perseverance and resilient attitude in us that we always dreamed about. It awakened the creativity in us that transcends our thought process in a beautiful way. We were the team of 10 innovators who never imagined themselves as Directors, Actors, Script writers, Screen players and what not. The theme or topic of our short film was cyber crime and cyber bullying. keeping in mind all the facts and incidents we actually wanted to spread a strong message of replacing cyber bullying with cyber believing . With all the challenges, we learned so many things that we will cherish forever. We applied many theories and concepts which we learn in our classrooms in practical. We learned management skills, team work, Leadership skills, creative thinking and lateral thinking. Ms. Swati Chawla was our mentor , With her positive attitude and motivation we were going ahead with full passion & determination. Fortunately we won the PRALEKHI contest with priceless learnings. MERI has always cultivated a habit of fascinating learning in students and made them realize their potential for creating the career path brick by brick.

Post 44259621199098
3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...