MAGNUS coaching..?

9 Posts  ·  5 Users
About this group
Hi there's this coaching centre called Magnus which has a branch here in Coimbatore too. They claim that if you enroll in their coaching class or whatever and then get into any one of the IIMs they'll give you a Rs.1,00,000 scholarship..they say t...
Page 1 of 1

I should have. I'll ask them to give it in writing and I'll see what they say. Thanks for pointing that out.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

the institute did claim to give a one-lakh scholarship if one enters an IIM.

u didnt confirm that when you joined them? i mean like a written agreement of some sort that they'll keep their word?

the centre here in coimbatore seems to be pretty wet behind the ears too...

Hi Ashwin, I'm a student of Magnus in Madurai. The institute is pretty new(first year here) and they have a lot of teething problems. There is no faculty for English at the moment, but the Math faculty is reasonably good. The materials given by Magnus are very average in content and will NOT help in CAT. Other than that, the institute did claim to give a one-lakh scholarship if one enters an IIM.

Also Magnus is supposed to conduct 10 MagCATs(mock CATs), but not even one of them has been conducted yet!

Do you know of any places that give mock CAT exams apart from IMS's SIMCAT?

thats a means cum merit scholorship.......

thats news to me..this information isnt anywhere on the prospectus (available on their website) where they talk about the scholarship..where did u get this from bingo?

hi guyz.......dont get carried away........thats a means cum merit scholorship.......only if ur family income is less than 1.5 lakh per annum......then u get the scholorship
bingo

The site looks good and may be it is a new kind of scheme, they seem to be using to gain recognition. What if you joined both IMS and Magnus ? . Will they still pay for the scholarship

im sure it doesn't matter what you do outside magnus...joining ims and stuff...anyway i was just wondering about magnus no plans right now..im eligible for CAT only in 2003.

by any chance do u stay near r.s puram in coimbatore ,b'coz i knew a guy by the same name and no news from him for lng.

no not exactly in or near r s puram...which college is this guy in?

hi ashwin ,

by any chance do u stay near r.s puram in coimbatore ,b'coz i knew a guy by the same name and no news from him for lng.

:-)

Hm.. Lets see.. if IMS charged an average of 7000Rs per course and has 20,000 students that makes it 14 crores in revenue. Last year around 750 had final calls from the IIMs. If they had to give you a scholarship, that'd end up to be 7.5 crores. More than half they make

The site looks good and may be it is a new kind of scheme, they seem to be using to gain recognition. What if you joined both IMS and Magnus ? . Will they still pay for the scholarship ?

Hey me going on raw numbers here, but if they seem true and are willing to sign a contract to that effect, I say shoot. No harm. Just reminded me of a job guarantee offered by a computer instt. They signed a legal contract with all their students stating that any student receiving more than 60% marks would receive an assured job. Needless to say, no one scored about 60%

So just call em up and let us know how it goes.

Regards

Command like a king, work like a slave.

Hi there's this coaching centre called Magnus which has a branch here in Coimbatore too. They claim that if you enroll in their coaching class or whatever and then get into any one of the IIMs they'll give you a Rs.1,00,000 scholarship..they say they'll pay it directly to the IIM you get into substituting for fees. I checked out their website (www.magnusindia.org) and it seems authentic enough. Anyone have ANY info about this place, anything, please share it.