Maersk vs CAT preparation ?

5 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hi guys I have been selected for the Maersk MISE programme ( Maersk International Shipping Education ) . The package is around 25 K p.m . The question is shud I prepare for CAT or go for Maersk . I think if I am not able to get in II...
Page 1 of 1

Hi niraj ,
thanks for ur reply . i have decided to join the program and think about cat later .

what are the possibilities of making a career shift at a later point of time to probably fields like investment banking etc ?

please share ur opinion

thanks
nishant

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi dear,
MISE is very good programme if you want to make a long term career in shipping.
I have worked with Maersk shared service centre and this is one of the most sought after programme in Maersk.You will be exposed to lots of training during this programme and need o understand the working of Maersk's each and every department and later on after successful completion you will be ready to join Maersk as a management trainee. It is the shortcut to success i Maersk. I would suggest you should go for it.
regards
Niraj

thanks yaar

Hi guys

I have been selected for the Maersk MISE programme ( Maersk International Shipping Education ) .
The package is around 25 K p.m .

The question is shud I prepare for CAT or go for Maersk .
I think if I am not able to get in IIM's or Other good schools ( my preparation so far is average)
I'd end up in some average MBA school ... and in the end graduate with almost the same package . Unless you perform extremely well at these b-school .. I think it wud be tuf to get anything better than 30 K .

Does anyone know about the career prospects at Maersk especially for MISE grad ?

I have a zeal for doing something on my own after 4-5 years .. in any industry ...I always feel MBA wud be the best shot for entreprenuship .
Perhaps I could do MBA after working at Maersk and then think about it ?

What are your views ? I would be gald if u guys can throw in ur suggestion .

Hope u guys can help me in sorting this dilemma .

Cheers
Thanks in advance
Nishant

You can start working an do MBA after 4-5 years in some gud school abroad where the workexp will be valued.
any way your earnings in Maersk will be gud. chk nd PM for 'fugly' in the threads and PM him. he has a shipping career and now hopes to do MBA abroad.

Hi guys

I have been selected for the Maersk MISE programme ( Maersk International Shipping Education ) .
The package is around 25 K p.m .

The question is shud I prepare for CAT or go for Maersk .
I think if I am not able to get in IIM's or Other good schools ( my preparation so far is average)
I'd end up in some average MBA school ... and in the end graduate with almost the same package . Unless you perform extremely well at these b-school .. I think it wud be tuf to get anything better than 30 K .

Does anyone know about the career prospects at Maersk especially for MISE grad ?

I have a zeal for doing something on my own after 4-5 years .. in any industry ...I always feel MBA wud be the best shot for entreprenuship .
Perhaps I could do MBA after working at Maersk and then think about it ?

What are your views ? I would be gald if u guys can throw in ur suggestion .

Hope u guys can help me in sorting this dilemma .

Cheers
Thanks in advance
Nishant