Looking for expert help - What are my chances of getting into a good B-School ?

4 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
Hello All, All through my life, I had never thought seriously about getting into a B school. I have almost 8 years of industry experience in IT. Am leading a team of SAP Technical guys working on data warehousing and other development tools. ...
Page 1 of 1

Thanks for the prompt response caterpilar & Abhishek.. I will check the ERP business degree option and go through the links you provided.. I regret posting in the wrong section.. as you see I am just another nayapagal..haha(love the website name)..

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hey nayapagal,

Congratulations for joining PaGaLGuY.com. I am sure there would be many people around who can help you out and give sound advice. But I would also like to inform you that there cannot be separate threads like the one you have opened for everyone's queries. So, first of all, go through this thread to get an idea of this superb place - http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/for-newbies-mahips-visual-guide-to-navigate-around-the-forum-25019855

Then you can post your query in this thread where experienced people will answer your queries. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670

Take care

Abhishek.

PS - request mods to close/invalidate the thread

Hello All,

All through my life, I had never thought seriously about getting into a B school. I have almost 8 years of industry experience in IT. Am leading a team of SAP Technical guys working on data warehousing and other development tools.

Life has been rosy thus far with some good onsite assignments and my job with a top mnc leaving not much to complain about. But there's a catch.. Of late I have been reading some blogs/posts/articles related to management in various websites and publications. I think I definitely am motivated to go to a B-School to further hone my skills and take my career to the next level(I seriously believe my career will stagnate pretty soon if I don't take the steps now, at the age of 28 ). I had some plans to migrate outside India but am putting them on the backburner because thanks to recession there is a dearth of jobs, stiff competition and country specific restrictions everywhere(none that u guys would not be aware of).

To give a brief background on my education, I have done a very modest bachelors in electronics from delhi university with a 3 year diploma program from NIIT in parallel. While working I managed to complete my MCA through correspondence almost over 6 years (thanks to my long foreign assignment and hectic work commitments). My percentages have been in the 60-65% range and I haven't had many awards/recognitions in my career ( which would have been a definite plus).

so, here i am... typing my first post and looking for advice from the forum members.I have never been academically bright but I am very quick with my work(something that few managers have commended upon). And I do know that I do WANT and NEED to do a decent MBA(preferably outside India).

So guys & gals, having heard my story and background, how bright do you think my chances are of getting into a good MBA school(assuming that I do get a good score in GMAT). I would also like to know what kind of GMAT score should I target upon so that I have something to support my average educational history..

comments would be much appreciated...I can add(read 'bore':)) more if someone needs more information before giving specific advice.
ta

I can suggest you an option (Victoria University + Genovate + SAP Australia) introduced a program Master of Business in ERP Systems, check this, a great program 1 year only and kind of experience you have it will gel with that.

Apart from this normal MBA route search PG you will have more data than you can read.
What would you trade "this moment" for?

Hello All,

All through my life, I had never thought seriously about getting into a B school. I have almost 8 years of industry experience in IT. Am leading a team of SAP Technical guys working on data warehousing and other development tools.

Life has been rosy thus far with some good onsite assignments and my job with a top mnc leaving not much to complain about. But there's a catch.. Of late I have been reading some blogs/posts/articles related to management in various websites and publications. I think I definitely am motivated to go to a B-School to further hone my skills and take my career to the next level(I seriously believe my career will stagnate pretty soon if I don't take the steps now, at the age of 28 ). I had some plans to migrate outside India but am putting them on the backburner because thanks to recession there is a dearth of jobs, stiff competition and country specific restrictions everywhere(none that u guys would not be aware of).

To give a brief background on my education, I have done a very modest bachelors in electronics from delhi university with a 3 year diploma program from NIIT in parallel. While working I managed to complete my MCA through correspondence almost over 6 years (thanks to my long foreign assignment and hectic work commitments). My percentages have been in the 60-65% range and I haven't had many awards/recognitions in my career ( which would have been a definite plus).

so, here i am... typing my first post and looking for advice from the forum members.I have never been academically bright but I am very quick with my work(something that few managers have commended upon). And I do know that I do WANT and NEED to do a decent MBA(preferably outside India).

So guys & gals, having heard my story and background, how bright do you think my chances are of getting into a good MBA school(assuming that I do get a good score in GMAT). I would also like to know what kind of GMAT score should I target upon so that I have something to support my average educational history..

comments would be much appreciated...I can add(read 'bore':)) more if someone needs more information before giving specific advice.
ta