London Business School(2007) -Interviews and Beyond

32 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Hi All; I am R2 applicant to London Business School. I did search for threads on LBS but did not find one. So calling all the applicants to LBS lets share their experiences here. Cheers, Saurav GMAT - 720 Edu - BE - REC, currently ...
Page 1 of 4

anyone whos applied for masters in finance from london business school?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Dear All

Ne idea abt the kind of jobs ppl got this year..amongst the turmoil

Hi All,
Just had some questions regarding the MIF program At LBS
I am curently an Investment Banker in India working in the M&A; team for a foreign bank
Currently working as an associate/analyst.....
have not taken the gmat yet but expect somewhere n the mid 600's...i am not a great test taker...also i did my under grad from a foreign US B School....although my gpa was not very good...around a 3.0...due to sports etc
what are the chances for someone with my profile?

One of the LBS's MiF program requirement is a very good Gmat score esp Quant score (90 percentile min). However the overall score has to be > 700 to have a realistic shot. So I would suggest you try yr best at the Gmat

Secondly the program requires the candidate to be working already @ an iBank which is what your profile has. So you are covered at that end.

Don't fret at lot about undergrad scores; they don't matter as much Gmat & WP does.

Hi All,
Just had some questions regarding the MIF program At LBS
I am curently an Investment Banker in India working in the M&A; team for a foreign bank
Currently working as an associate/analyst.....
have not taken the gmat yet but expect somewhere n the mid 600's...i am not a great test taker...also i did my under grad from a foreign US B School....although my gpa was not very good...around a 3.0...due to sports etc
what are the chances for someone with my profile?

Hi,

Iam gona start preparing for my GMAT this month and hope to apply for the MiF program at LBS next year.. I will have 3.5 yrs of work exp. in financial operations by next year.. Can you please tell me certain key points to remember while preparing for GMAT and whether my work exp. will count ? also let me know of any other good Masters in finance programs in Europe .

djbobo Says
I am an admit for the MiF starting '08. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

I congratulate you on your admission to MiF.

1)Could u please give details regarding your GMAT score, years and type of experience etc.

2) How much role do the good grades and international exp. play in admission to Mif LBS. What was the scenario in your case.

3) I'm a mechanical Engr with 6 yrs. exp. in power plants, MBA from top 5 Bschool in India. 2 yrs exp. in project finance. Should i go for some more exp. in finance before applying for MiF.
Thank you for your inputs.

I shall be a reapplicant for 09. Hence, hoping to have in place at least of the armory mentioned by me in point (2), by the time R1 (for 09) comes up.

The heartening bit of the reply I received from Adcom was:

the admissions committee was impressed with your applicationbuton account of competition.we are unable to offer you a place programme . beginning Sep 08

Hence, I am encouraged to reapply.

Your take?

I noticed Merrill Lynch offered certain women-specific scholarships.
Hi,

Congrats first of all on ur admit to the 08 program. My queries are as follows:

1) Heard the course is mostly for those who do a second mba, as also reflected in the partcipants' profile. I have only one degree (finance). Fin profsnl background totally and @ risk of sounding immodest, excellent academics. A yr to reach mid-mgment position.

2) Would they look favorably at repplicants who go back wid a higher gmat score / other profesnl progress / internatnl exposure / additnl qualificatn, all coming up by second time?

3) Who typically bags the scholarships / awards? What are chances of same to an Indian applicant, with above characteristics?

Thank u.

Cheers!

Taking your questions one by one.

1) The participants have diverse backgrounds. Although a lot of them already have MBA's (including me) that should not hold you back. The Ad Com looks more at the quality of your work experience and what you have been doing in the finance area than what your qualification is. I think you can knit a good story with your acads and leadership experience.

2) Why think of reapplying when you havent even applied once. Give it your best shot the first time itself.

3) I wouldnt bank on the scholarships. First there arent too many and second looking at the eligibility you would be only eligible to apply for 2-3 of them. However the HSBC-London Business School loan scheme is useful and most students use this to part-fund their education.

Also my stats are kind of similar to your. I have 5 yrs work ex and a 690 on the gmat with quality work ex.

Hi,

Congrats first of all on ur admit to the 08 program. My queries are as follows:

1) Heard the course is mostly for those who do a second mba, as also reflected in the partcipants' profile. I have only one degree (finance). Fin profsnl background totally and @ risk of sounding immodest, excellent academics. A yr to reach mid-mgment position.

2) Would they look favorably at repplicants who go back wid a higher gmat score / other profesnl progress / internatnl exposure / additnl qualificatn, all coming up by second time?

3) Who typically bags the scholarships / awards? What are chances of same to an Indian applicant, with above characteristics?

Thank u.

Cheers!

Hi there,

Any LBS MiF (Fall 2009) applicants out there?

Last deadline on for Fall 2008. It wd be great if 08 or any other yr applicants also reach back, towards beginning dialogue for d new year.

My stats F/28/WE 6y/690. Planning to take d gtest again with aim of touchng 750.

Waiting for those msgs to begin some effectiv sharing!

Ms. Fin

I am an admit for the MiF starting '08. Let me know if you have any specific questions.