London B school Experience

12 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
A little about me before I start Qualifications Bsc Hons Chemistry Delhi University Sri Venkateswara College MSc IIT Madras Chemistry PhD Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry University of Gttingen in Biomolecular Applicatio...
Page 1 of 2

All,

I've started a new thread for London Sep 2008 intake aspirants... you can find it here: http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/tags/london/ (the first thread)...

See you there soon...
All the best

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Can u tell me how Good or recognised is Cass Business School?
Hoping u may have heard something abt it!

Cass Business school seems to be another good b-school in London....It is located in Moorgate, supposed to be the financial hub of London, with namy MNC offices in the same area....
One of my collegue completed MS in financial engineering from there....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Can u tell me how Good or recognised is Cass Business School?
Hoping u may have heard something abt it!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Great post man... very informative...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi
Great psot dude...
Keep them coming...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

One thing that really freaked me out was that inspite of spending close to 15000 bucks they do not provide feedback. However, when my friend who got through this time was dinged the previous year, she was "strongly recommended" to apply again this year.

I did apply to one other place - ISB. Where the fate was no different

Arun

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

One thing they werent very intent upon answering was how often do they get back to dinged applicants as to why their story was rejected....how was ur experience? i bet that if u dared to apply to LBS...ud have dared to apply to other gr8 places too! throw some light on it pal...perhaps may come in handy for me.,..
cheers
devan

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Good post !

I applied to LBS this year and got dinged. In my research I found a lot of things pretty similar to your observation i.e. very good for finance and strategy, emphasis of undergrad univ credentials (someone from the adcomm told this to my friend who got admitted this year), expensive etc.

Regarding the money part, my friend (ex-collegue) got a 25% fee waiver plus some assistance from HSBC. But still had to shell out a very, very steep amount towards the course. Yea - London is frigging expensive.

Arun

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi there!
great to hear from you. let me in on ur details...i mean real name, location etc...to put it in chat jargon asl! ;-)
id really be keen to share my thoughts with like minded fellas. i shall look forward to hearing from you. add me on yahoo messenger as born_free_died_studying and we shall continue our discussion!
cheers
devan

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Devan,
Nice to see your experience on LBS. I am in the same boat like you, contemplating MBA after my PhD in chemistry from HU, Berlin. At present, I am working as a postdoc. I am also aiming for top B-Schools, but yet to take GMAT. It would be great if we can share the views of preparation, admission, etc.

Regards,
thadaa

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...