Logical reasoning for CAT2013

84 Posts  ·  924 Users
About this group
Please post questions related to topics : 1.Seating arrangement2.Blood Relationship3.Binary logic4.Cubes5.Dates
Page 1 of 9

Some smaller and identical cubes are taken and each one is painted red on all of its faces. 27 such cubes are taken together to make a bigger cube and is then painted blue on all of its faces. Similarly such 27 blue cubes are taken to form one bigger cube and painted green on all of its faces.

1)How many smaller cubes are painted in green?

2)How many smaller cubes are painted in only red and blue?

1 comment
idiot20
@idiot20  ·  0 karma

386 and 40??

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Directions: In certain code language INDIA HAS FIRST GOLD MEDAL is written as JEZJU OUV SEF PJDVB REQZ ITZUQ. Bearing the method in mind find the code of the following words:

1.         TAILOR

(1)        BUTQEP

(2)        BUJQED

(3)        ZUTQED

(4)        SUTQED

2.         WOOD

(1)        SEEZ

(2)        BEEZ

(3)        ZEES

(4)        LEEB

3.         DIESEL

(1)        ZJTVTQ

(2)        ZJEVTQ

(3)        BZTETV

(4)        ZJTQVT

4.         FOOT

(1)        PEEB

(2)        SEEZ

(3)        BEEB

(4)        CEEA

5.         WORLD

(1)        SEBQZ

(2)        SPDQZ

(3)        SEDUZ

(4)        None of these

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

3.     Statements: Some cats are mouse.                        

Some cows are cat.

Conclusions: I. Some cows are mouse.

II. All cows being mouse is a possibility. 

2 comments
bizarreankur
@bizarreankur  ·  0 karma

only 11 follows

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
balajikarthick
@balajikarthick  ·  0 karma

no conclusion since both are particular affirmatives

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

4,18,100,294,?

86 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Hi friends plz help me out....i need arrangement also plzzzzz..iam having exam..Thanks in advance

Amit, Arun, Ajay, Arvind, Amar, Amarjeet, Avinash and Ajit are eight friends studying in engineering colleges in different streams, viz Aeronautical engineering, computer engineering, chemical engineering, electronic engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering and technical engineering, but not in the same order. All of them are seated around a circular table, facing away from the centre. Amit sits third to the left of the person who studies electrical engineering. Only two persons sit between Amar and Avinash. Neither Amar nor Avinash studies electrical engineering. The person who studies technical engineering sits second to the right of Arvind. Arvind is not an immediate neighbour of Amit. Arvind does not study electrical engineering and Amit does not study technical engineering. The one who studies Aeronautical engineering sits third to the left of Amarjeet. The one who studies Aeronautical engineering and the one who studies electrical engineering are not immediate neighbours. Only one person sits between Arvind and the one who studies chemical engineering. The person who studies electronic engineering and the one who studies computer engineering are immediate neighbours. Only one person sits between Arun and the one who studies civil engineering. The one who studies civil engineering is an immediate neighbour of Ajit. Avinash and Arun are not immediate neighbours. Arvind does not study computer engineering.

1. How many people sit between Amar and the one who studies civil engineering (when counted in clockwise direction from Amar)?

1) None 2) One 3) Two 4) Four 5) Five

2. Who studies Aeronautical engineering?

1) Arun 2) Ajay 3) Amit 4) Amar 5) Amarjeet

3. Which of the following combinations is definitely true?

1) Arvind-Electrical Engineering 2) Ajay – Civil engineering 3) Avinash – Chemical engineering 4) Arun – Electronic engineering 5) None of these

4. Who studies Chemical engineering?1) Arun 2) Amarjeet 3) Ajit 4) Amar 5) Can't be determined

5. What is the position of the person who studies mechanical engineering with respect to Ajay?

1) Immediate left 2) Second to the left 3) Third to the righ 4) Third to the left 5) Second to the right

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

There are only four members of a family viz., A, B, C and D and there is only one couple among them. When asked about their relationships, following were their replies:

a. A: B is my son. D is my mother.

b. B: C is my wife. Dis my father

.c. C: D is my mother – in – law. A is my daughter

.d. D: A is my grand – daughter. B is my daughter – in - law

. Who always speaks the truth?(1) A (2) B (3) C (4) D

help me out , am not able to get this one
6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
gaurav_19
@gaurav_19  ·  0 karma

c and d both

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
chetan0522
@chetan0522  ·  0 karma

c

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In a class of 47 students, Suresh is eighth from the top among boys and 30th from the bottom among all the students, in an English test. How many girls have scored more than Suresh?

10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
abhishekhenry
@abhishekhenry  ·  0 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
abhishekhenry
@abhishekhenry  ·  0 karma

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Directions: In the following question, a letter series is given and some letters are missing which are given in the proper sequence as one of the alternatives. Find the correct alternative.b – aa – ab – aa – a – b

b, a, a, b, b

b, b, a, a, b

a, a, a, b, b

b, a, b, a, b

1 comment
himu3107
@himu3107  ·  2,750 karma

babab

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In a game, "words" (meaningful or meaningless) consist of any combination of at least five letters of the Englishalphabets. A "sentence" consists of exactly six words and satisfies the following conditions:The six words are written from left to right on a single line in alphabetical order. The sentence can start with anyword, and successive word is formed by applying exactly one of three operations to the preceding word: delete oneletter; add a letter; replace a one letter with another. At the most three of the six words can begin with the sameletter. Except for the first word, each word is formed by a different operation used for the preceding word.

If the first word in a sentence is “illicit” and the fourth word is “licit”, then the third word can be

(1) Implicit (2) Explicit (3) Enlist 4) Inlist (5) Elicit

I feel that this question is wrong.

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
gsahil7408
@gsahil7408  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
sidkid
@sidkid  ·  0 karma

Since different operations are to be used for 2 successive words, the fourth being "licit", it must have have had omissions twice from "illicit". Only 5) is possible. Rest information might be superfluous.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Shreya has with her a cube made up of 27 smaller cubes. She names each face of the larger cube with an alphabet from A–F. She then starts writing a number from 1–54 on each visible face of the smaller cube such that the face A gets the lowest sum followed by face B and so on. Shreya writes the digits in such a way that no two consecutive integers are written on a particular face.

Question 3

3.What can be the least total on the face D?

Dreams aren't negotiable..
9 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 9
Dazed-Confused
@Dazed-Confused  ·  5,118 karma

1-36 will be districuted amongst A B C D to minimize A B C D
37-54 will be distributed amongst E AND F

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
alok1141
@alok1141  ·  0 karma

I thnk 81,

1+3+5+7+9+11+13+15+17=