Please provide the solution.
Hello Aspirant/Friends ,
- When I completed my MBA in 2018 from IIFT, my friends & I planned to start a Video Blog about Marketing, Br.anding , advertising etc.
- Few months back I have started this Video series/lectures about real time/latest marketing tactics & updates.
- I have got some really encouraging feedback about the same!
- Here is my latest episode. Also there are 8 more you can check on my channels.
(You can mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org for discussion)
Also you can join my community's whtsap group here:
With just 100 days left for CAT 2019, the Official QUANT, Verbal Ability, and Logical Reasoning groups will be heavily monitored by us.
Channelise all your academic queries in these specific groups for them to be answered by our experts.
Stay tuned for weekly toughest questions, tips and tricks, games, and guidance. Participate in our competitions in the coming months and stand a chance to win prizes.
Let's ace CAT together!
QUESTION OF THE DAY
Each of five dishes—J, K, L, M, and N— have at least one of the following three ingredients: Tomato, Chilly, and Potato.
I. Dish J is characterised by Potato and Chilly.
II. Dish J and K have no ingredients in common.
III. Dish J and L have at least one ingredient in common.
IV. Dish L has more number of ingredients than dish K.
V. Dishes L and N have no ingredients in common.
VI. Dish M has more ingredients than Dish J.
If Harold adds two of the three ingredients in a new dish, then he has excluded:
In this question, we need to find total number of people for whom we can uniquely determine the colour. After putting some thoughts, I can conclude 2 different possible answers. Can anyone please help. Options are as follows
Link to the question - https://imgur.com/a/oU2M54c
Questions 23 - 26. I am not able fix the vacant lane. I believe there will be multiple scenarios in this question. Try to solve and help me out too. Thanks.
Odd one out:
Mathematical Puzzle Help
Following is a puzzle which is troubling me. Seems to be a Difficult reasoning puzzle!
In TS Education Pvt ltd., there are four categories of employees: Category A, B, C and D.
- No employee has a basic salary less than 200,000. If TDS is deducted from the employees’ salary, it is deducted at 10% of the basic salary. If GST is paid to an employee, it is paid at 18% of the basic salary.
- Also it is known that:
- Category A employees have their basic salary less than 500,000 but not less than 200,000 and neither TDS is deducted from their salaries nor they are paid the GST.
- Category B employees who have their basic salary less than 1,000,000 but not less than 5 00,000 are paid the GST but no TDS is deducted from their salaries.
- Category C employees who have their basic salary less than 2,000,000lakhs but not less than 10 lakhs are not paid the GST but TDS is deducted from their salaries.
- Category D employees who have their basic salary not less than 2,000,000 are paid the GST and TDS too is deducted from their salaries.
Net salary is the final salary after deducting TDS (wherever applicable) and/or including GST (wherever applicable). The basic salary and the net salary of each employee is an integral multiple of 1000.
Q.36Which of the following cannot be the net salary of a Category C employee?
4 None of these
Answer is option 3
Here is the screenshot of the Answer explanation:- https://imgur.com/a/Ws7625H
The Quote from the above text:-
" In Category D, net salary will be X — 0.1X 0 1.8 X = 1.08X thousand = thousand =27X/25. This means the net salary will definitely be a multiple 27 and X will a multiple of 25 So minimum salary is Rs 2,160,000 (I didn't understand this, where did the 2,160,000 figure come from?)
The salary of category C employee is 0.9X where X is from 1,000,000 to 1,999,999. Hence, 1,890,000 is not possible in that case X will be 2,100,000." (didn't understand this, what are they talking?)
Can anyone please explain me in more simple language how they have managed to take the minimum. Is there any mathematical concept which i need to learn for understanding reasoning here?
I will be very thankful to anyone who can help in this.
My regards : )