Logical Reasoning

689 Posts  ·  7,766 Users
About this group
The question is followed by two statements X and Y. Answer using the following instructions: Choose 1 if the question can be answered by X only Choose 2 if the question can be answered by Y only Choose 3 if the question can be answered by...
Page 1 of 69

Please provide the solution.

Post 68967557231922
1 comment
unbeatable23
@unbeatable23  ·  0 karma

Either one or four follows

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Complete the sequence.

Difficulty level - Easy.

RQP, ONM, LKJ, _____, FED 

IHG
JKL
CAB
GHI
18 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Hello Aspirant/Friends ,

- When I completed my MBA in 2018 from IIFT, my friends &  I planned to start a Video Blog about Marketing, Br.anding , advertising etc. 

- Few months back I have started this Video series/lectures about real time/latest marketing tactics & updates.

- I have got some really encouraging feedback about the same!

- Here is my latest episode. Also there are 8 more you can check on my channels.

(You can mail me on gunjan.dsolanki@gmail.com for discussion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IahpWwuuEzk

Also you can join my community's whtsap group here:

http://bit.ly/2TriOJP

Video Thumbnail52681295064165
Gsolanki12
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello PUYS!

With just 100 days left for CAT 2019, the Official QUANT, Verbal Ability, and Logical Reasoning groups will be heavily monitored by us.

Channelise all your academic queries in these specific groups for them to be answered by our experts.

Stay tuned for weekly toughest questions, tips and tricks, games, and guidance. Participate in our competitions in the coming months and stand a chance to win prizes.

Let's ace CAT together!

Post 52419074434890
1 like3 comments

QUESTION OF THE DAY

Each of five dishes—J, K, L, M, and N— have at least one of the following three ingredients: Tomato, Chilly, and Potato.

I. Dish J is characterised by Potato and Chilly.

II. Dish J and K have no ingredients in common.

III. Dish J and L have at least one ingredient in common.

IV. Dish L has more number of ingredients than dish K.

V. Dishes L and N have no ingredients in common.

VI. Dish M has more ingredients than Dish J.  

If Harold adds two of the three ingredients in a new dish, then he has excluded:

Both ingredient J and L
Both ingredient J and N
Both ingredient K and L
Both ingredient K and N
Both ingredient L and N
1 like4 answers

Plz help in questions 8th & 9th Thanks!

Post 50132361141897
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In this question, we need to find total number of people for whom we can uniquely determine the colour. After putting some thoughts, I can conclude 2 different possible answers. Can anyone please help. Options are as follows

Link to the question -  https://imgur.com/a/oU2M54c 

Post 47401539794613
1 comment2 answers

Questions 23 - 26. I am not able fix the vacant lane. I believe there will be multiple scenarios in this question. Try to solve and help me out too. Thanks.

Post 45331075700895
1 comment
vineetc1
@vineetc1  ·  0 karma

A,b,c, d, m, k are in 100 m race. The track is straight and divided into seven lanes, with lane numberered 1 to 7 from left to right.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Odd one out:

a) Hockey

b)Golf

c) Cricket

d) Football

(with reason)

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
pnkajgoyal
@pnkajgoyal  ·  130 karma

Yup i thought it same @Sunilkkp but the answer given was golf.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
rajitghosh
@rajitghosh  ·  44 karma

No of players in cricket hockey and football team is 11. Exception is golf.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Mathematical Puzzle Help

📷

Following is a puzzle which is troubling me. Seems to be a Difficult reasoning puzzle! 

In TS Education Pvt ltd., there are four categories of employees: Category A, B, C and D.

• No employee has a basic salary less than 200,000. If TDS is deducted from the employees’ salary, it is deducted at 10% of the basic salary. If GST is paid to an employee, it is paid at 18% of the basic salary.
  • Also it is known that:
  • Category A employees have their basic salary less than 500,000 but not less than 200,000 and neither TDS is deducted from their salaries nor they are paid the GST.
  • Category B employees who have their basic salary less than 1,000,000 but not less than 5 00,000 are paid the GST but no TDS is deducted from their salaries.
  • Category C employees who have their basic salary less than 2,000,000lakhs but not less than 10 lakhs are not paid the GST but TDS is deducted from their salaries.
  • Category D employees who have their basic salary not less than 2,000,000 are paid the GST and TDS too is deducted from their salaries.

Net salary is the final salary after deducting TDS (wherever applicable) and/or including GST (wherever applicable). The basic salary and the net salary of each employee is an integral multiple of 1000.

Question is:-

Q.36Which of the following cannot be the net salary of a Category C employee?

1 1,080,000

2 900,000

3 1,890,000

4 None of these

Answer is option 3

Here is the screenshot of the Answer explanation:- https://imgur.com/a/Ws7625H

The Quote from the above text:-

" In Category D, net salary will be X — 0.1X 0 1.8 X = 1.08X thousand = thousand =27X/25. This means the net salary will definitely be a multiple 27 and X will a multiple of 25 So minimum salary is Rs 2,160,000 (I didn't understand this, where did the 2,160,000 figure come from?)

The salary of category C employee is 0.9X where X is from 1,000,000 to 1,999,999. Hence, 1,890,000 is not possible in that case X will be 2,100,000." (didn't understand this, what are they talking?)

Can anyone please explain me in more simple language how they have managed to take the minimum. Is there any mathematical concept which i need to learn for understanding reasoning here?

I will be very thankful to anyone who can help in this.

My regards : )

Post 5918702879375360
1 comment
pnkajgoyal
@pnkajgoyal  ·  130 karma

The simplest way is not to see the solution given :p

the question says which can't be the net salary of Category C employee.

Hence, for category C the net salary= 0.9 basic salary (as 10% TDS had to deduct).

option a. gives basic salary - 12 Lakh

option b. gives basic salary - 10 lakh (it is possible as salary shud not be less than 10 lakh hence it can be 10 lakh or more).

option c. gives the basic salary- 21 lakh (which is out of the scope for a category C employee as he have to be within 10-20 lakh basic salary range).

Hence option C is the answer

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...