Life@ XLRI Jamshedpur

724 Posts  ·  486 Users
About this group

Learn more about life at the Xavier School of Management -Jamshedpur . This is from the students at XLRI, Jamshedpur. Feel free to ask questions and comment.

Page 1 of 73

Hey. For people who are preparing for XAT specifically now on, I have created this group specially for XAT.  https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/xat-2020-group-61708119634625 

GEM , not scum | CAT 19 - 98.5
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi guys, I'm a student at XLRI BM program I will give you some insight information regarding XLRI : 1. Admin of the XLRI has put in 'segregation' wherein girls and boys can't even eat in the same mess, let alone going into each other's rooms 2. Even if couples hold each other's hands, guards on campus flash torch lights and bad mouth them 3. Apparently, two students died in the last few years and that was because of girl - boy meeting (now you know how the 'fathers' of xlri think) and that's why we have segregation apparently 4. Infrastructure is shit. Library is very old and has books belonging to the 19th century. 5. Admin wants just money in the name of 'the greater good'

1 comment
badumtss
@badumtss  ·  0 karma

Can you please elaborate on the extent of this problem? And to what extent it affects the college life and the XL Culture?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Knock knock!

Dream on. Dreams do come true. :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

XLRI Jamshedpur is one of the top B-Schools in India. Students from XLRI Jamshedpur have been National winners in 11 corporate competitions such as Aditya Birla Group ETYL B-School Edition, HUL IT Reboot, Amazon ACE Challenge, CRISIL Young Thought Leader (CYTL), The P&G CEO Challenge, EYQ and many many more. Read more about the competitions and fests organized at XLRI Jamshedpur ( https://dare2compete.com/c/xavier-school-of-management-xlri-jamshedpur-2826 ) to get a better idea of the life of students at the campus.  

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Nero
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For those looking for what an MBA life and life at XLRI particularly entails, here is an article I have written on insideiim

https://insideiim.com/life-on-the-other-side-of-the-wall-b-school-edition-xlri-jamshedpur/?src=ity&referrer=raghunathan 

:) 

Nero
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

More than 2 years out of campus. Full into the corporate life now.

All that remains of XL in our lives are the friends and the memories :)

Degree only comes of use when switching jobs, college name only brings up eyebrows when introducing yourself to new people.

But those memories, oh those memories. Everything was worth it.

For anyone contemplating whether an MBA is worth it. Cant be too sure, but is XLRI worth it? A B S O L U T E L Y 👍 

Product Manager || Lenskart.com || XLRI Business Management || 2013 - 2015 
2 likes
ankit941
@ankit941  ·  0 karma

If you have a dream to enter in the some smart field like the computer operating with smart way then http://mycomputerwindows10.com you really need this where is my computer windows 10 which is actully for you.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any updates from GMP folks ??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

It's been almost 4 years since I visited this thread...was fondly reminiscing my days at the campus...was waitlisted at 77 to start with...anxiety had reached it's zenith till the firm offer came about 5 years from now(10-Jun-11)...it was a dream thereafter...corporate world is a bitch, makes you miss XL even more...if only I could be at XL for another few years with the same 240 people...if...love you XL

Kaushik -Class of 2013 

7 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

It's amazing to come to pagalguy after such a long time. I remember being here before XL, during XL and now 9 months after XL.

Life after XL is nice. Work is hectic but having XL friends in your company and city helps a lot. 

XLRI HRM 2013-2015 || XAT 2013 - 97.9 CAT 2012 - 99.56 SNAP 2012 - 98.56 NMAT - 214.
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...