Life@IISWBM-The B-school India

58 Posts  ·  42 Users
About this group
IISWBM,the first b-school in India! classroom,assembly hall,faculty,canteen,events,fests....all weaves our two year life at this premier institute of India. Everybody students,alumni of this institute has there piece of experience to share.So le...
Page 1 of 6

how was the placement of mba ps this year.please give some light

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@pab00 said:
i guess you wanted to know about hostel facilities..well both boys and girls are given hostel facilities..there are around 26 seats for boys.(both 1st n 2nd year combined)..n around 40 for girls(both combined)..boys have a double room...but it can be called almost single because there is a partition in between...boys hostel have common bathroom...
as far as girls are concerned..girls are given normal double seater rooms with attached bathrooms..
outstation candidates are given preference..
hostels do not have gym..college have...
mba-overhyped..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@knightrider1 said:
seniors plz comment on the hostel facilities @ iiswbm both for boys n girlsis it a single room or a double room with attached bathroom??do u have gym in d hostel ??
@knightrider1 said:
for mba (day) classes starts during July 1 st week
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

please tell me something about MPSM (health and hospital management)
m waiting for a reply..
do they take MAT scores for MPSM?
what was cut off last year?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi..
please tell me if may MAT 2012 scores are considered for batch 2012 mpsm (health and hospital mangement)?
what was cut-off last year?
i will be completing my internship (BDS), by july 2012, am i eligible for admission in batch 2012.
is iiswbm, a good choice for pg in health and hospital management??
please reply soon..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

brilliant job sampurna....and one more thing...no IISWBMian is boring.....:shocked:

Coming to IISWBM......
The negatives:
You will miss d essence of b-school life( the hostel life in general, if u r frm d city or nearby places, the mid-night addas, etc.);
Infrastructure wise good but not great, when compared to some other top b-schools;
Looooong lectures........LOL!!!!!!
The positives:
Excellent faculty (we are one of the best in intellectual capital in India;
Extensive allumni network, nationally & internationally;
Plenty of scope for enjoyment (hosts of events, contests & meets lined up all through the year);
Moderate fees, excellent placements, and one of the best ROIs ;
A degree from Calcutta University(one of the top 200 universities in the world);
Wonderful seniors who are there everytime n anytime u need them;
Batchmates to keep for lifetime......
This is all that I experienced........
Welcoming you all to be a part of it........:D

IISWBM, MBA (Day) 2011-13
8 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

well..with an intention of reviving this hibernating thread,i have decided to jot down something as to what's been happening in the college for the past 2 months...

4th july..was the inauguration of the 2011-2013 batch of mba in iiswbm..and yes what a day it was...new environment,new people and a whole new ambience...among those unfamiliar yet friendly faces there were a few who inspite of being strangers seemed familiar..yeah i am talking abt the puys and also those from facebook(as a matter of fact pg was responsible for the fb grp too as it was one of our seniors from pg who suggested us to form the grp)..the beaming faces nad the instant bonding was inevitable... we got to interact with our faculty(one of the best in the country),was briefed about our course,placements,activities and the like...at the end of the day,we went back with a smile in our faces..
then from the next day started our classes...the initial few days were not very hectic..but slowly the pressure has started building..the august month saw the forming of the various committees(placecom,eventscom,alumnicom,edcom,the brochure committee,funds committee) and also the selection of the class and the section representatives... all the students were enthusiastic and participated to their full capacity...
within few days the committee members and the representatives startd their respective works...
classes are also going on in full swing with case studies,presentations,assignment being given... ;)
there is also the fuultu fun part..."the pent house-its addas and its cricket,", "our very own canteen with fish fingers and chicken dromsticks,, " etc etc etc..(no end to this list,.)
from tomorrow we have our annual corporate panel discussion,"INSIGHT"..all of us are really looking forward to it...

p.s there is so much more to add...but i m a very boring person by nature(so unable to think more )..so i would like to ask monimoy,debarun,anupam,sreemanta,anindita n all the other puys of our batch ..do giv yr inputs..

mba-overhyped..
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is it difficult to pass MBA in ISWBM under Calcutta university

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

is it difficult to pass MBA in ISWBM under Calcutta university

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Seniors,

Please help me....I havent been able to access the IISWBM website.... I wish to apply....where can I get the forms from also...when is the last date ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...