Life@IIM Rohtak

101 Posts  ·  132 Users
About this group

Hey, With the maiden session of IIM Rohtak about to start, this thread is meant for sharing our experiences at IIM Rohtak.So to all my batchmates, lets start posting from the 29th of June!

Page 1 of 11

Like every other college IIM’s carry their own stereotypes. Anecdotes from friends and acquaintances painted a competitive and Challenging picture of life in IIM’s for me. Coming from Arunachal Pradesh, the feeling of freedom, excitement of exploring a new place although exciting were very significant changes in my life. When I stepped into the verdant Campus of IIM Rohtak, all the anxiety that I was carrying with me and buck fever were subdued by the vibrant, multicultural campus life.

IIM Rohtak has been a tremendously inspirational experience for me right from the first day. Rigor of a midnight submission deadline, regular classes, guest lectures, communicating with corporate stalwarts, Involvement in the array of Committee meetings, partying hard on Birthday or placement parties (Fair warning: the probability of a birthday party or placement parties is always high)  makes the itinerary of every student  very exciting as everyday has something new to offer.

The biggest proof of vibrancy of this campus is that it never sleeps. The campus is Constantly buzzing with activities, we can see people sitting and working even in wee hours. With the largest batch, the diversity in terms of age background, profession leads to the most engaging classroom discussions and post classroom “charchas”. Everybody has an X Factor and something new to share. Sundays are when Vanity (albeit rare) is at peak and the perfect occasion for “Chai pe Charcha” at Verka. 

For us, Competitive, Exhaustive yet Collaborative is what defines Life. On the 7th month of my stint in IIM Rohtak, I am proud of my organic journey of learning to develop an aptitude of recognising opportunities to lead a life of clear vision and mission.

Bidisha Pao
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

OA: 96.13

QA:: 95.15

VA 93.40

Degree: BTech from SRM University

CGPA: 7.07

12th : 84.17%

10th 84.4%

Work ex: 18 months

Can i get a call?

CAT'13: 53.67, CAT'14: 96.13 !
3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Sejal.a
@Sejal.a  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
iim2013-2015
@iim2013-2015  ·  0 karma

We cant really predict who can get a call. The criteria changes every year ,even the cutoffs. For some year academic scores are given higher w8age ,sometimes workex and sometimes overall profile. Good luck (y)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

It all started with the impetus by Prof Venkatesh Murthy, a pioneer of social and entrepreneurial causes at IIM Rohtak. Soon, the word spread amongst a few like-minded students, and Badhte Kadam was officially born in Kabir Colony, a slum in Rohtak, with more than 40 children involved across age groups.

The 'teachers' at Badhte Kadam have one common goal - to ensure that the children of migrant workers, ragpickers and slum dwellers obtain basic proficiency in English, Hindi and math. It pains them to see children being misdirected, put to use as successors to their parents' meagre occupations instead of being given a formal education despite RTE. One of the core issues also happens to be a lack of awareness of their opportunities, and the belief that schooling is not helpful for their cause of life.

Driven by the enthusiasm that the children are showing, these youngsters are going on all weekdays, come rain or sun, to instill the spirit of learning in these underprivileged young ones.

True to the name, Badhte Kadam has been all about moving forward, with hopes in their eyes that such small steps will lead to big impacts someday.

CAT 2013: 98.01 GEN. Converts: KRRRU. IIM Rohtak - 2014-16.
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Students along with Sparsh, the Social Development Cell of IIM Rohtak took a step to support the Prime Minister's initiative for clean India. We visited various schools and villages around Rohtak and spread awareness about the importance of keeping our environment clean. Watch the video to know more about it! 😃

Link: http://youtu.be/FmF0HzCad9k

Public Relations Coordinator, Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak
1 comment
iim2013-2015

😃

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What a term it was! From the rigorous Personality Development Programme that introduced us to the KATHOR life at IIM-R to numerous late night submissions, surprise quizzes and exams, from the knowledgeable guest lectures to the corporate interaction through Summits, there has never been a dull day here. To add some spice in our lives, the Cultural Committee organized War of Sections and so far there's a tie between Sec B and Sec C. (though am routing for B :D)

Sports Committee organized the Independence Cup which was one by the seniors.( next year the cup will be ours though :B :D)

In short, there's always something going on to keep us engaged and motivated. And the best part is that students are enthusiastic about participating! Looking forward to the same challenging schedule. 😁

Public Relations Coordinator, Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

We experienced all the flavors of a B-School with assignment submissions, presentations, the burden of the lurking end term and the fun cultural event in one week which ended with the enlightening 5th HR summit this Saturday.

There were some interesting remarks, experiences, anecdotes and insights about the world of HR from our eminent panelists.

"Taking a feedback after 90 days & the appraisal after a year are the two objective metrics in judging the integrity of the recruit and also of the Talent acquisition manager"

"Recruiters are brand evangelists. It is not about retaining talent but also about attracting talent" just to mention a couple from the several informative quotes from our well experienced panelists.

Apart from the interesting sessions, we saw whimsical but successful attempts by a couple of our panelists Mrs. Swati De and Mr. Gagandeep Singh to jolt the life out of the post lunch lousiness in us.

I thank the guests for spending their weekend to impart their knowledge to us.

The efforts by Placement committee, IRIC, PR Cell and the volunteers to make this event happen are commendable.

1 comment
iim2013-2015

(y)

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

"Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions"

This quote can be best depicted in any B-School where successful managers are created, groomed and prepared with the help of the people having the magical designation called "Teacher". Carrying forward the legacy of celebrating Teachers' Day in our childhood, IIM Rohtak students too, didn't want to miss this opportunity to grace our Gurus here. On this drizzly evening of 5th September, the teachers and the students gathered to have an interaction which was way different from the formal conversations during regular lectures. The event also witnessed an enthusiastic participation from our esteemed Director. The teachers had their share of fun in the activities hosted by students and the occasion concluded with the inspiring words of faculty.

Looking forward to many such memorable moments in my Life here @IIM  Rohtak! 😃

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A rainy evening in IIM Rohtak coupled with the excitement of Antakshari and dumb charades..a day when all of us were charged up with the idea of taking a break from our hectic schedule and enjoying ourselves in a girls versus boys contest..the cultural committee of IIM Rohtak was at its best..we first played Antakshari and then dumb charades..my Hindi song vocabulary really increased but at last the girls were defeated by the boys with a score of 32.5 to 50.. Life at IIM is truly a blend of studies and fun..Enjoying it to the hilt..

5 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

It's been a bit more than two months since I got to IIMR - apart from the kathor maxx weather, it's been a promising journey that is managing to keep my enthusiasm up day after day. The best things to be experienced are 'round the corner, (speaking of which the famed Kathor winter is 'round the corner too), and the heat (competition) is picking up perceptibly. After the crazy intensity that mid-terms were, we have entered festival season here at IIM Rohtak, something I was really looking forward to ever since I knew I'd be here. Lots to learn, lots more to do. The life at IIM Rohtak can't be described more effectively than on this thread - it has to be lived.

CAT 2013: 98.01 GEN. Converts: KRRRU. IIM Rohtak - 2014-16.
3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

A kathor life, extreme weather, extreme learning. There's creation of new clubs and committees after careful need-gap analysis. Serious meetings on long term benefits and short term benefits of club activities. There are strategists, marketers, the HR guys, the fin maniacs, the ops ppl, ALL joining their hands together in order to make this a great institute. The best part of the learning here? Setting the right culture, a great legacy to carry on. The aim is common, no matter what the major. Its all for the insti bro!! 😁

97.59 percentile,converts: IIM Raipur, IIM Kashipur,IIM Udaipur,IMT ghaz DCP,IMI pgpm,pghrm,GIM.
3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...