Life@GIM (Goa Institute of Management)

1,397 Posts  ·  756 Users
About this group

Hey Gimians .. Explore GIM B-School beyond classroom.

Page 1 of 140

Any reviews on analytics/operations from PGDM course. 

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

how difficult is getting admission for a goan domicile student at 94.63%ile in cmat?

10/12/engineering-90/73/73

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Cmat 87. Any chance for call? Applied for core and hcm.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Any PGDM BDA students I can connect with in this group?

1 like2 comments
Varun-Radhakrishnan

Hello @vishalcv, I'm a PGDM BDA student. How can I help you?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
KunalTee
@KunalTee  ·  25 karma

@Varun-Radhakrishnan How inflated are the placements figures and how experienced is the faculty for this niche course? Unbiased review expected.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am thinking of doing mba in marketing. kindly rank the colleges based on marketing and its placements from the available options to me.
1.GLIM(already received admission from profile based call and score for PGPM course),
2.IMT-G(called for GD/PI),
3.XIMB(expecting a call),
4.GIM(expecting a call),
5.FORE(expecting a call),
6.TAPMI(expecting a call),
7.KJ SOM(expecting a call),
8.NMIMS-Bengaluru(called for GD/PI),
9. SIBM-Hyderabad(called for GD/PI).

My profile:
10th/12th/B.tech- 90%/93%/8.22 cgpa
Work ex- 34 months

Entrance exam:
XAT-93%ile

Kindly rank the above colleges as per marketing and its placements!
TIA.

2 comments
KunalTee
@KunalTee  ·  25 karma

2734615, doesnt reccommend 8,9.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Nikhil-NMIMS
@Nikhil-NMIMS  ·  0 karma

please let us know what happened in IMT and XIMB

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

What are the chances of getting a call from GIM with 85.4 percentile in the CAT, 91 percent in the ICSE, 81.5 in class 12 CBSE, but 54.5 in graduation (honours in microbiology from the University of Calcutta)? 

2 comments
TheJoardar
@TheJoardar  ·  25 karma

@RaiSanyal I can feel the pain brother. CU shobar ta mere daye just! :/

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
RaiSanyal
@RaiSanyal  ·  3 karma

@TheJoardar jibon ta borbad

i didnot recieve a call from tapmi for this  CU  ;-;

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Mr Rahul Kanodia, CEO and Vice Chairman, Datamatics Global Service Limited, also a member - Board of Directors, Goa Institute of Management, talks about the importance of Constant learning!

To know why constant learning is a must in this era, watch the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkmkd-FLcCA 

Video Thumbnail64193033461388
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Prof. Anand Teltumbde, Senior Professor and Chair, PGDM- Big Data Analytics course shares his views about "Creating Data-Fluent Future Ready Managers". 

Click on the link below to read his article and know more about it: 

https://www.analyticsinsight.net/The-10-Next-Generation-BI-and-Analytics-Companies-of-2019/

#LifeAtGIM

Post 64107137828092
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Goa Institute of Management was pleased to host its first 'Conference on Applied Economics and Finance (CAEF)' that brought together academicians, research scholars, industry experts, and policymakers to present and discuss research on the frontiers of knowledge on the interconnected fields of applied economics and finance.

The three-day coference began with Dr. Romar Correa, a retired Reserve Bank of India Professor of Monetary Economics, University of Mumbai, and Dr. Babu Nahata, who is currently a Professor of Economics at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky, as key note speakers. The conference was focused on discussions about the rapidly changing socio-economic and business scenario across the globe that calls for a fresh reassessment of the nations, pertaining to economics, and finance. Hence, these two disciplines should be considered as the pillars of the socio-economic and industrial development of any nation.

It was a great learning experience and we look forward to hosting many more such conferences in the future.

Post 64010909924601
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Students of Healthcare Management, Goa Institute of Management represented the college amongst the top 10 teams at the Accenture Business Innovation Challenge 2019. Competing with various other b-schools, the team, consisting of - Shubhra Seal, Nikita Bansal, Valdo Fernandes, bagged the Jury's Choice Award and an award for the best introductory video at the competition.

Post 63932370962971
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...