Life @ SJCBA Bangalore

16 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
Hello Everybody, With each passing day, I am getting more and more involved with Pagalguy. In fact I had to go and request the network administrator in the organization I work to unblock pagalguy as we are not allowed to browse forum based si...
Page 1 of 2

Hello!Is there anyone here who has applied to SJCBAs pgdm in the march session?

They haven't mentioned if I have been selected for the morning or noon slot.Refer to the website for details it says.But I couldn't find any details on the website.Could you?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

HI..I have been called for the interview session... Can u please tell me what kind of topics will be given for the written assessment and also the difficulty level of the personal interview?? 

2 comments
annamelizabeth
@annamelizabeth  ·  0 karma

hey @catherine246  is there no GD?Is it just the WAT and PI?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
catherine246
@catherine246  ·  0 karma

Yea there is no gd..just wat and pi..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey friends im sunaina im planning to join my executive mba from SJCBA just let me know whether it is worth doing an executive MBA from this institute or pls suggest me a good one, thanks in advance.

1 comment
shakthe1057
@shakthe1057  ·  0 karma

Hi Sunaina, Even am interested to Join. Did you get any more details on this? Pls update me if you have any idea.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey m Vandana. iv tkn admission in sjcba(2012-2014) batch.. plz let me knw abt the placements of your batch..how r d placements for finance n mktng specialization.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
i m studying at SJCBA (2010-2012 batch).... its not worth 7.5 lakhs at all.
but that would be a very vague way to tell. let me substantiate

why you should not join:
1. small campus: so if you are expecting a lively campus life with lots of activity and fun then find some other place
2. strict and illogical dress code: the appropriateness of the clothes you wear is decided by the watchman. so one has to dress up as per his "dressing sense", or else sent back home. i nearly missed my trimester exam bcoz of this.
3. the top brass are not dynamic, rigid and do not entertain any change no matter how good it is.
4. faculty is not good as per my experience. the senior staff namely RASHMI NAKRA MAAM, SURESH HERUR SIR, SHIVANANADAM SIR, MADHAVI MAAM etc.are exceptional. but others are not upto expectations.
5. lack of infrastructure: at 7.5 lakhs other colleges offer gymnasium, swimming pool, auditorium,sports facilities, huge campus, hostel etc... sjcba lacks on all these fronts.
6. placements: placements are in tune of 4 lpa. spending 7.5 to earn 4 lpa is not wise in anyway.(considering the dull college life).

SWOT ANALYSIS:
STRENGTH:
josephs brand name.. (works in bangalore atleast)
a couple of good faculty
good students... we won the mount carmel fest and christ college fest recently.
WEAKNESS:
severe lack of infrastructure
shortsighted management
lack of innovation by management.
high fees as compared to facilities. not value for money.

OPPORTUNITY:
can scale new heights as arch rival chirst college is in controversy,
brand name of josephs can be marketed in a better way by bringing in some changes.

THREAT:
XIME is a potential threat.

P.S.: the dean has been changed 3 times in last 3 years so you can imagine how stable is the college management.
2008-Dr. Mohan Gopinath
2009- dolphy abrahim
2010- vidya balasubramaniyam

Dude you have posted the above in almost every post related St.Joseph..
and is it 7.5 lakhs including accomodation?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Reality Check.
This is not one of the best colleges out there.
The students who come here are not the
crme de la crme.
In house faculty has two exceptional names one in Finance(Herur) other in HR(Nakra).
The visiting faculty like Mr. Mohan Kuruvilla and Mr. Shivanand do give knowledge par excellence.

This is not the best college out there but,
it is the best for the underdogs of this world.

In this world of open education where webcasts of Harvard and CBS are easily available there lies no dearth of knowledge to obtain. That what is not available freely is the hunger to learn and the rigor to sustain the same.

What matters not is the roof we stand under but the heart that beats within.
And the hunger yes the hunger to win.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

i m studying at SJCBA (2010-2012 batch).... its not worth 7.5 lakhs at all.
but that would be a very vague way to tell. let me substantiate

why you should not join:
1. small campus: so if you are expecting a lively campus life with lots of activity and fun then find some other place
2. strict and illogical dress code: the appropriateness of the clothes you wear is decided by the watchman. so one has to dress up as per his "dressing sense", or else sent back home. i nearly missed my trimester exam bcoz of this.
3. the top brass are not dynamic, rigid and do not entertain any change no matter how good it is.
4. faculty is not good as per my experience. the senior staff namely RASHMI NAKRA MAAM, SURESH HERUR SIR, SHIVANANADAM SIR, MADHAVI MAAM etc.are exceptional. but others are not upto expectations.
5. lack of infrastructure: at 7.5 lakhs other colleges offer gymnasium, swimming pool, auditorium,sports facilities, huge campus, hostel etc... sjcba lacks on all these fronts.
6. placements: placements are in tune of 4 lpa. spending 7.5 to earn 4 lpa is not wise in anyway.(considering the dull college life).

SWOT ANALYSIS:
STRENGTH:
josephs brand name.. (works in bangalore atleast)
a couple of good faculty
good students... we won the mount carmel fest and christ college fest recently.
WEAKNESS:
severe lack of infrastructure
shortsighted management
lack of innovation by management.
high fees as compared to facilities. not value for money.

OPPORTUNITY:
can scale new heights as arch rival chirst college is in controversy,
brand name of josephs can be marketed in a better way by bringing in some changes.

THREAT:
XIME is a potential threat.

P.S.: the dean has been changed 3 times in last 3 years so you can imagine how stable is the college management.
2008-Dr. Mohan Gopinath
2009- dolphy abrahim
2010- vidya balasubramaniyam

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Originally Posted by raviisurs View Post
hi seniors.my profile is xat-83.040 oa,reason-90.12,qa-82,va-52. x-73%,inter-66%,b.sc biotech-68%. no work exp but national level player in volley ball in my +2. iam interested in sjcba.plz tell me amou facilities,faculty.placement average,.plz reply me

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi there Jobin,

G8 work dude..:hurray: Keep it up!!!

I'm from ya super senior batch i.e. PGDM 2006-08..:D

All the best!!!

Hope to meet you at the convocation...

Till den...:rockon:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
The day started with us hostellers setting out for the college. We were around 11 of us with 09 yet to join the hostel. The college is at a walk of 25 minutes away from the Victoria layout area where the SJCBA mens hostel is located. After reaching the college we met a lot of our friends who had joined the social networking site Orkut where our batch had a community. By the end of the day we had almost met everybody who had joined the community except for a handful of guys and gals who still remains to be traced out.
The day started with the inauguration of the SJCBA batch 2008-10. After seeing the hoardings hanging in the hall welcoming the batch the feeling finally dawned on me that the past several years of dreams was a step away from being fulfilled. The inauguration ceremony of the batch started with a good song played out by Josephites from the city. The chief guest for the inaugural function was Mr. Immanuel David (XLRI 1983 batch), head of HR, GMR group. The other dignitaries present on the dais was Rev. Dr. Terrence Farias, (Rector of St. Josephs College, Bangalore), Rev. Dr. Aveline R D Souza, (Director, SJCBA), Dr. Mohan Gopinath, (newly appointed Dean) and Prof. V. J. Lawrence.
Rev. Dr. Aveline R D Souza began the inauguration ceremony of the batch by welcoming the freshers and hoped that the present batch would be a step ahead of the previous batches in all the activities including the mischief part though he went on to add that the mischief part would not be tolerated. He then introduced the Faulty members of the institute, many of them having with them tons of industrial experience before stepping into the academic world. While introducing the faculty words like United States and Industrial experience were heard more frequently. In short he concluded that the greatest pride of SJCBA is its faculty which is one of the best in Bangalore city.
Rev. Dr. Terrence Farias spoke on the eagerness and expectations of the batch that came out when three of the students of the batch were asked to come forward and speak a few words. Mr. Immanuel David gave us some glimpse of what the industry expects from b school students and gave the students and faculty some vital hints on going forward with the teaching process.
The second session of the day was chaired by Dr. Mohan Gopinath the Dean of the Institute who gave us a wider look into the life at SJCBA. The second session was followed by a Mass for the Catholic/Christian students. After the Mass, Prof Edwin Castelino exhorted the Christian students to be more prolific in their coursework and expected that at the end of the course the institute would produce a gold medalist from the Christian community which has not yet happened so far. He also went on to add that whatever reservations followed by the college which made 50% of seats available to the Christian students on its being a minority institute ended the very same day and now on the competition was open for one and for all and the fight to the top would be on equal grounds.
The third session saw us visiting the Library and the Computer Lab where the respective ln-Charges explained about the various rules and regulations to be followed while using the respective centers and familiarized us with the procedures of each centre.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...