Life @ NITK Surathkal

18 Posts  ·  22 Users
About this group
Hi all, this is an official thread of NITK Surathkal ( National Institute of Technology Karnataka ) to post our experiences in NITK. pls don't start other threads nor get deviated by the same. This thread is also linked with our official blog site...
Page 1 of 2

Here's the link to our blog...
http://nitkmba.wordpress.com/

Public Relations, NITK Surathkal MBA 2012-14
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
For queries about MBA admission 2013-15 in NITK Surathkal please follow the link below :

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2013-2015-nitk-surathkal-mba-admission-queries-25088388/3611296
Regards, JSD NITK MBA 2012-14
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Spark team is on a roll! They are doing the divine work of keeping the students engaged whenever we have free time... In a fun way of course. Some cool, creative and hardworking guys we have in Spark, viz. Ajinkya, Joy, Akash, Divakar. So in the last few days we had quizzes, a GD and a documentary showing. Knowledge is beyond books and can be very much fun... I guess this is what the Spark team believes in. Company briefing is up next. November is going to be a month full of activities.!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Some of us attended the TEDx event organized here in the campus (x stands for independently organized TED event!). It was an event under Engineer, the technical fest of NITK. And what an awesome day it was! Speakers from various different fields spoke about various different subjects. The event saw the participation of Arun Sharma (CEO of Mindworkzz, author of TMH CAT series), Balaji Girisaballa ( CEO, Yahoo! Entrepreneurship Network), Gagan Agrawal (Youngest Project Scientist in Asia at 21), Dasami Moodley (Director of Business Development at InVenture), Sumit Dagar (TED Fellow; Designer, Braille Phone Project), Freeman Murray (Co-Founder, Jaaga; Chief Scientist, Nanocast R & D), Gopal B. Hosur ( Inspector General of Indian Police), Shruthi Seth (Film and TV actor, host/VJ, entrepreneur), Vijay Krishna (Director, Arghyam; Research Director, India Water Portal), Guinness World Records holding beatboxer Vineeth Vincent & India's most popular and fastest rapper Brodha V, etc. It was a pleasure to be among these people and hear them speak (and of course perform!) We got a chance to interact with Arun Sharma, Dasami Moodley among others... We are grateful to the TED event organizers from Engineer. This was an experience!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Last week had been a roller-coaster ride! So many things happened... To start with, we had two guest lectures (on the same day!!). Prof. Bhaba Krishna Mohanty from IIM Lucknow, gave us a lecture on "Fuzzy Logic in Internet Business". The duration of the guest talk was small, but it was really interesting. On the same day in the second half, we had another lecture. This one was by Mr. Damodar Kamath, the Principal of Karnataka Bank Staff College. He is also the former GM and CVO of Corporation Bank. He gave us a lecture on "How to have a pleasing personality". He also talked about certain aspects of banking. It was a great day! We definitely look forward to more such talks from these two personalities in future.
Next day onwards we had Prabandhan, our management fest. Most of us were in the organizing teams of one event or the other (me being in the B-Quiz event, Mindbend!
). Planning and executing these events kept us busy... Sadly Prabandhan 2012 didn't turn out as grand as we hoped it would be. Nonetheless it was not that bad... We juniors learned a lot of things, got many ideas and we are sure that we will make our next management fest the grandest thing ever... We have the zeal!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

NITK for MBA is going great so far. Students have created afterclass clubs(spark), Public relations team, Placement team , magazine team and Creative heads team and get this, we are just in the first semester. Thus you can infer that lot of activities take place initiated by students. The social relations team is the beta phase of the blog and we will soon take it live. This blog contains all details and also question s can be asked. Please stay tune.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Spark, the after class club of NITK MBA is doing great work lately. What they basically do is organize group and individual events like quiz, debate, public speaking, GDs etc. whenever we have free time. It's mostly to develop skills and make something useful of leisure time. Classes ended at about 2-3pm yesterday and today. So yesterday, we had a quiz (and my team won!!) and today, they conducted a GD. Sadly I couldn't attend it due to some prior engagements. The quiz was fun however. Awesome work by the whole Spark team!
I hope they come up wit more such fun competitions...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

The Recreation Club of NITK organised Freshers Cup. Two teams from each department could participate. The fun part was each team must have 6 guys and 2 girls. So we had two teams from MBA playing today in the knock out rounds. While last to last year, our seniors were the champions of Freshers Cup, this time, sadly both of our teams lost. It's not that we played bad, the opponents played just too good. I guess we lacked practice... Business Research classes are such that one class would suck out all your energy for a week. And we are having a lot of BR classes lately. Whatever, we had total fun. After all winning or losing doesn't matter... What matters is the spirit! Looking forward to more such events... And hopefully we will win some.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

After a long long time, here I am posting again on PG. And as I can see there has not been much activity on the PG Life at NITK page. There were so many things that I wanted to share... Now that I am sitting in front of my computer, I don't remember half of things that needed mention. I remember day before yesterday though... And what a day it was! We organized a beach clean-up drive at Thannir Bhavi Beach, Mangalore. And this programme was under "Prayaas", the Social Initiative Programme of NITK-MBA. It was a day full of hard-work and fun. Thannir Bhavi is a beautiful beach... but it needed a good amount of cleaning. This event was first of it's kind for our batch. And it would not have been successful without the participation of each and everyone from our batch and some seniors as well. Also the local newspaper Uday Vaani covered it on the 8th October issue. We are going to have more such social events in the near future.
This much for now. I have got Business Research project to complete by Thursday. I will share more about life at NITK on PG gradually now that I am active here once again.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi , i m naveen ...pursuing my MBA 1st yr @ NITK ,surathkal 😃 For past 2 weeks i have had a lot of exposure to practical knowledge than theoritical knowledge I m really happy to be a part of NITK MBA - "BEYOND D BEST "

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...