Life @ IIM Indore

301 Posts  ·  140 Users
About this group
I've been wanting to start this thread for sometime. Now that we've (that includes Chandoo) finally reached the campus, we can start posting some, if not all, of our experiences here. To start with, I'll settle with a mention to a link that c...
Page 1 of 31

It was another Saturday. Coming back from class, after being surprised by a "surprise quiz", I laid my head on my pillow. My laptop comes back from screen saver mode with a slight movement on the track pad. The class .ppts were scattered all over the desktop and a dozen tabs in the browser still refreshing. Surprisingly, I was still thinking how much had I studied or at least tried. But the truth is without collaborative endeavors I couldn't have answered anyone of the questions 😛

My mind racing through the thoughts of plans for the weekend. We don't get weekends usually 😉 and whenever we do, we don't know what to do with it (for effective utilization). Hanging out at the corridors, evaluating every possible options for the weekend with wing-mates, time flew and so did a bit of dense air.

€‹
It was a lazy afternoon, and the books stared at me as if I was doing them injustice. Not reading them. Athena,God of Wisdom, hates sunk costs. A loud din of a bass speaker sounded. Some passionate guitarist started strumming the 6 strings of the beautiful instruments. Random thoughts about the lovely weekend was running through my mind and then phone alarms...

oh no. A group assignment has been asked to be submitted and my group mates have already scheduled a meet. Sigh!! The plans went down the drain. Work needs to be done. It has substantial weight-age. I would have chose to free-ride but then the meeting was held in my room. "Strategic location", they said.

Life at IIM I is all about time management. Assignment and quizzes are rampant and at times a bit more than one could handle but the best part is when you party after a strenuous day.

In short, to be in IIM I, you must study hard, work harder and party hardest.

🍻 🍻
Sarkar, IIM I
5 likes4 comments
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

To get a sneak peak into life at IIMs (especially IIM Indore), take a look at this page

https://www.facebook.com/ifake.iimi :cheers:

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Guys here seem pretty optimistic...brand building and all ehh ;)
Personally, I don't like my stay here very much(only stay, not learning, which is okay). It seems more of an business entity rather than an educational institute. We have been shifted to new hostel area where construction seems to be going day and night for last 2 months or so (i'm frustrated right now with it), can't focus on anything in these sounds. Add to that some pretty useless(at least for some of us) stuff that we're doing......
But life in general is okay here, I think the so called 'pressure' is just a perception, you can easily get 6-7 hours of sleep if you don't BS around. Professors are great, but curriculum is tightly packed which decreases the retaining capacity. And I think puys are pretty smart to know what the placement reports really spew
This is just my point of view, might vary depending on the pair of eyes you see it with
Goddamn I wish to be outta here soon
Life's been a maelstrom of mediocrity, and I'm trying to get out of it.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Guys here seem pretty optimistic...brand building and all ehh ;)
Personally, I don't like my stay here very much. Education seems like a commodity to be sold not thinking about the quality. It seems like just another business entity rather than an educational institute. We have been shifted to new hostel area where construction seems to be going day and night for last 2 months or so (i'm frustrated right now with it), can't focus on anything in these sounds. Add to that some pretty useless(at least for some of us) stuff that we're doing......
This is just my point of view, might vary depending on the pair of eyes you see it with
Goddamn I wish to be outta here soon

Life's been a maelstrom of mediocrity, and I'm trying to get out of it.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Proud to have InsideIIM's first MBA grad of the month as Prasid Sreeprakash. A dear friend and a great man. Featured MBA grad of the month - Taking education to the deprived. - Inside IIM

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,

Finally back at PG after a gap of nearly 4 months. No doubt they say Bschool life is busy.Twas always a dream to write a post here.So better late than never.

Its been nearly 3 months at IIMI campus which is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful campuses in India.U just fall in love at first sight.Its been a helluva ride since then.Cant believe I have already covered 9 subjects and 32 credits uhoh...:shocked:The kind of knowledge people have here is truly astounding.No doubt the group discussions till 3 am are lotsa fun..Girls ended up staying in Executive PGP rooms which makes the stay feel more like a holiday minus the assignments,presentations,class tests blah blah.

Ur truly is also part of as many as six events and committees which make sure she doesnt get time for movies.:splat:Winning the elections n being a part of Media Comittee was an awesome experience.

The Planet Ians are having a so called term break now wid Indore marathon,Samanvay and Ahvan lined up.Would love to see fellow Bschoolers turn up for those.Gonna be exciting times.Dats it from my side.

Would update wid more later.

Cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Indian Institute of management, Indore, a premier B-school of India, known for churning out top managers year after year has also been proactive in giving something back to the society. IIM-Indore is one of the very few B-schools who have a rural immersion programme, a rural marketing festival and also a functioning social sensitivity cell, Pragat-I. Apart from that, in 2008, the institute initiated the Indore marathon, an annual event which is now one of the most awaited events among people in Indore. The event will be held on the 2nd of October, on the memorable occasion of Gandhi Jayanti.

Its not only the event which is special, but also the theme which makes it popular. The theme for this years event Run for a healthy India is truly apt because of the myriad health concerns prevailing in the country. Sedentary lifestyle coupled with unhealthy eating habits has resulted in an escalation of health related problems being faced by a large portion of urban population.

In view of rising population, the basic healthcare and sanitation facilities continue to be inadequate in large parts of rural India. The excessive usage of antibiotics has led to the rise of a new breed of germs which are resistant to drugs. The advancements in the field of medicine would never belie the age-old golden principle of Prevention is better than cure.

Through this years marathon, IIM-Indore wishes to sensitize the masses about growing health concerns and promote health consciousness. IIM-Indore is conducting health camps and blood donation camps with this regard. It has also undertaken an AIDS awareness campaign to impart knowledge and spread awareness about the dreaded disease and how it can be prevented. It plans to remove misconceptions about AIDS from the minds of the general public.

The institute is promoting health through online media too. The Indore Marathon page on Facebook, a popular social networking site boasts of various articles related to fitness and health. To spread health awareness, daily quizzes are being held on the Facebook page. The institute has also planned online chat sessions with the doctor on campus to answer peoples queries regarding health, fitness, nutrition and also doubts regarding preparation for marathon.

Taking into account the buzz on the streets of Indore about the event, the core team is confident of success. It is expecting huge participation from the people of Indore, just as it has received in the past three editions. Let the roads of Indore be flooded with the enthusiasm of people running for the noble cause of healthcare says one member of the team.:

-- (Thanks for this beautiful write-up to my good friend Ninad Bhangle, Class of 2013)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
RvP
@RvP  ·  0 karma

Since time is at a premium here I shall speak in bullet points :biggrin:

1] Yesterday was the formal photoshoot day, AbhinavKhullar (guy with the previous post) had a lot of first years go to him and ask for a job. A few second years overheard the commotion and did the same :P

2] Beautiful campus, the pictures I saw before coming here (albeit great works of talented cameramen) could not do this place justice :biggrin:

3] You don't just learn here you learn how to learn

4] I have never been in a group of more talented and diverse people in my life. Everyday has the potential to surprise you, thrill you, demotivate you, invigorate you

5] I am late for a TON of submissions goodbye for now

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hello ppl,

Its been about a month here at IIM Indore.. The month has been so full of activities..Using words from an old apple advertisement, 2011 is nothing like 2011 used to be!

Dozens of assignments, plenitudes of submissions, so many parties and games (Thanks Cul com !), a calendar full of sports tournaments and plethora of quizzes from the dozen clubs that exist on campus keep our daily planners packed! (though, love every bit, and especially the last part- won a cool 1.5k in a consulting quiz :cheers: )

The time here has been so bledy awesome ... Have come to respect the group case study concept like nothing else. The different perspectives that one gets to understand and appreciate are the real take-aways. Sample - My group has one person from India's largest bank, one from NIFT, one person who hasnt scored below 94% in his academics (master quizzer), a person who has worked with Delhi Metro and a person who is awesome at Tanjore art! Speak of diversity!

Doing complete justice to pre-readings has become the impossible task that we were promised it would be :shock: . In retaliation, we use all our analytical skills to plot probable dates for subject quizzes, while at the same time planning our sleep schedules so as to not co-incide with lectures that have CP (google it, if you don't know already).

Life's pace has greatly picked up over the last 2 weeks, with about 5-6 different quizzes and mid semester examinations. With six exams spread over three days, one tends to promise oneself better preparation the next time round. Couple of 'post-its' to that effect have gone up in my room too

The best part has been the chance to participate in the innumerable student committees, events, activity clubs and interest clubs. One has the space to choose those which truly appeal to one's passion and go ahead. While some friends got elected to committees like Pla-com ( the karta-dhartas) and Cul-com ( Their idea is to create a 'home away from home'), yours truly tried for and got selected to be part of ShARE (ShARE) for research in field of business strategy; and Kalpavriksha - The social entrepreneurship event of Ahvan, our management fest.

The icing on the cake, this past month, was Business Standard ranking IIM Indore as Rank 4 in Indian B schools, which can only be seen as culmination of the director's vision and alumni/student's achievements. Apart from that, our batch got snapped for profile photos for the our summer internship portal yesterday. That was inevitably followed by group photos and class photos all across the beautiful campus.

The senior batch heads for holidays in a week and then we shall have the entire campus to ourselves. Foreign exchange students shall come in before my next post and IIM Indore shall be at its best as a graceful host and a good mirror of Indian culture. Till then, presentations, submissions and case studies shall continue to make weekends redundant

Nights have lost all meaning, and it is regular practice to rue the absence of coffee from 4 30am till 6 30 am All in all, everything is adding to the magic of being at Planet - I

PS : The afore mentioned Apple add : 1984 Apple's Macintosh Commercial - YouTube

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

Can you help me with few details on the PGPMX programme in UAe IIM-I has..Since you are in the campus, it would help to understand the course application as well as the certification aspect of the same. Need to know a little more on the same...
Can someone suggest??
Regards
Anand

Buddy this is not the right thread to ask these kinds of questions. You may want to call the admissions office and inquire about the details. We guys might be in the campus but we don't have much knowledge of courses apart from ours ie PGP.
There is no formula for success, except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life & what it brings
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...