Life @ DSIMS Malad

62 Posts  ·  23 Users
About this group
Hello everyone, I am Yashpal Singhvi from the foundation batch(or as we say at DSIMS - The path finder batch) of DSIMS Malad ( RAJASTHANI SAMMELAN'S // Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai) The institution is in its first y...
Page 1 of 7

hi guys

was a little busy with lectures. Sunday we had full day college and a superb presentation on management lessons from Mahabharata 😃 followed by Q&A; . it was nice to relate Indian mythology with corporate strategy.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys

sorry for posting after a long time as, we went for international immersion to Malaysia and thailand . It was a great experience to be with classmates and seniors , have fun and at the same time have a industry experience.
we visited - westport in port klang to understand the supply chain management in shipping industry.
malaysian stock exchangea
tourism Malaysia
tourism Thailand
floating market
MISI (Malaysian institute of supply chain innovation) MISI is the 4th center in the MIT Global Scale Network
Royal Selangor
genting highlands
safari world
coral island and many more

got back last night(25th march) and today started missing the whole trip (mates ,food, fun and work)...

thursday we kick start college again with corporate strategy lecture by visiting faculty Porf. mohd masood ahemd , looking forward for the class..

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi dipesh_scorp

i am sorry for the late reply as we went for international immersion to malaysia and bangkok.
the average package is 3.5 as per my knowledge . it will be good if you visit the college and get the details as these figures are with the placement cell . you can also call on no Tel:(+91) 22 66 81 23 11 for the details. i would also like to tell you that, a good placement will surely come your way if you are good.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@pgdmdamini How are the placement please can u suggest as in with the average , highest etc placement figures.Thanks in advance
@DSIMS_Admission
@DSIMS_Admission
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi guys!!
Today we had a great session on business analytics by Prof. Uday Bhat. It €™s a 3 day workshop and it was the 1s day today. the session was on how statistical research is done, for that we had done survey 1 week back on consumption pattern of tea and coffee and today we were working on a software called SPSS. We did hypothesis, cluster analysis of the data we found. We also interpreted the observation. We covered STP i.e. segmentation, targeting and positioning
. Over all it was a fruitful session. Being a marketing student it was nice to see how companies set the target group and build strategies. Looking forward for tomorrow €™s session

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi all
guys the sell of forms for PGDM 2013-15 have started, they can be taken directly from college or through the link below .

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

process analysis is some thing now a days all pg 1st year students are doing ... we are working on service quality too...... didn't know these thing can be so interesting .. operation management it is .

have a pdf on process re-engineering have look
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys ... on wenesday i.e 6th march we had a very interesting seminar by the 'MUMBAI DABBAWALAS ' three main head from their association had come to college and explained their whole process and also answered question asked by students .... with that we also had students from miami school of business attending the same seminar.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi guys !!!!

i am a student of DSIMS, currently pursuing a PGDM course . through this thread i will be sharing my experience in the college and all the latest activities and events at dsims.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello mba aspirants,
Please have a look on the below article, it is written by our professor Piyush Shah, it highlights the differnce between an Mba and a Pgdm course. .
MBA vs PGDM

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...