Life @ Doshisha Business School, Japan

6 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Hello. I recently began my MBA at Doshisha Business School (DBS), here in Kyoto, Japan. Having completed one semester of the two-year course, I decided to start this thread to share my experiences with everyone. The GMBA (Global MBA) program ...
Page 1 of 1

Is TC still here? I've got a few questions to ask though cuz I can't find your email :((

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Apoorve,
Thank you for your interest. You can get all the information from the below link

Get your MBA in Japan at Doshisha Business School | Doshisha University

Let me know if you need any further clarification

Regards,
Tanmay

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Thanks a lot for the info. Can you shed some light on the procedure to get admitted to the institute? What exams or language test do I need to take?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Its been close to 1.5 yrs i came to Doshisha Business School, Kyoto, Japan. I am almost finishing my MBA here. I have stayed in Tokyo before for my professional work but I find Kyoto as a city is most suitable for students for studies. Beautiful and calm in every respect. Before I start explaining about DBS life, let me start with why Japan as a country is viable and effective destinations for Indians who want to pursue a business degree.

Japan as a country is one of the most industrialized economy in Asia. As the Japanese market is shrinking and there are inherent historical problems with china, the country is searching for a potential market after chinaand the India is the ultimate choice for this requirement. If you can see there are lots of Japanese companies in India and every year and its increasing. Economic relationships between Japan and India, becoming stronger. In view of the recently signed Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) between India and Japan the atmosphere is becoming more conducive for business from both the side. Japan has signed EPA with only 3 countries till now. To understand Japanese business one needs to understand the cultural aspect of it. A Japanese business education not only teaches you about business concepts but keeping in mind the cultural aspect of it too. An Indian with Japanese education in one of the prestigious university like Doshisha is always the first choice for Japanese corporations having operations in Indian subcontinent.

I believe and convinced that Doshisha Busniess School provides that perfect blend of business education with a cultural touch to it. There are various courses in DBS MBA where in one can get dip knowledge in to Japanese business systems. Life at DBS is highly international with students from more than 26 countries. Anyone wants to get more information can contact me.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I had always wanted to do an MBA in Japan after my BBA. I loved the Japanese language, arts and culture and while there are numerous universities all over Japan that have an MBA course, I wanted to join a course that had the right blend of Japanese style of management with a global approach. Also the course had to be entirely in English. It had to have an international feel to it with students from various countries with a wide variety of backgrounds.

When I initially heard of the MBA program at Doshisha University, I was merely curious. Upon finding out more, I realized that the course was structured differently and the flexibility on offer was unparalled. When I showed my interest in applying for the course, the professors at DBS were very helpful and forthcoming.

While the requirements to gain admission are stringent, on looking back after these past 6 months of study, I feel I have made the right choice. The experience of the professors, students from various countries speaking different languages, learning the Japanese management style and way of thinking, the eminent guest lecturers and workshops have all contributed to make this course everything I had dreamed of.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello. I recently began my MBA at Doshisha Business School (DBS), here in Kyoto, Japan. Having completed one semester of the two-year course, I decided to start this thread to share my experiences with everyone.

The GMBA (Global MBA) program at Doshisha University Japan is taught entirely in English, so the language barrier wasn't an issue to pursuing my MBA at this prestigious university.

I will continue posting on how I discovered the MBA program at Doshisha, the admission process and the structure of the course, the classes and everything in between. Further, life in Japan is indeed unique, so that has also given a very unique feel to this MBA course.

Here is the webpage of my university : Doshisha Business School | Not Business as Usual

If anybody has any questions or queries, please feel free to message me.

1 comment
Kritika_Chincholkr
@Kritika_Chincholkr  ·  0 karma

It's been years since you posted this and so I am not sure whether you will even see this but I have to ask, HOW do I increase my chances of getting accepted. I will be applying this december and am so nervous. I really want to get accepted!!! Any advice??

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...