Life @ B - Schools

7 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Hello folks ! Those who have taken admission in different B Schools of India are invited to share their experience, in term of reality and perception.In term of ex-poser, activity, fest, entrepreneurship, and over all quality of life in B Schoo...
Page 1 of 1

Having got into a B-School, I was wondering how life would be there. I had heard stories from friends and acquaintances about the pressure and hard work at B-Schools. Well, after 3 months I can rest assure all those stories are found to be true. The assignments, presentations, case studies, exams, competitions etc. etc. keep you on your toes all the time. But the best part of all this is the amount of learning you get out of these activities. You just explore the different side of your personality. Speaking from personal experience, a guy who used to go to bed at 11PM, waking up till 2-3AM analysing cases is part of life now. This is the kind of change you will see in your schedule.  

One aspect you will not miss out in a B-School is the networking. There is no hierarchy of seniors and juniors. All are considered batch mates who are willing to help each other. MBA is not only about learning from books but also learning from others. Therefore, your friend circle, your people skills help you immensely to learn in a B-School. I am of the opinion that most of the learnings happen beyond the classroom be it through social media, friend circle, newspapers, magazines, journals and more.

Almost all B-Schools are student-driven i.e. everything from placements to admissions to CSR activities lies in the hand of students. There are plethora of committees which can be joined by students and face the challenges of working in those committees along with a pressure of getting good grades. Joining these committees is a real help as you learn a lot, you get to know how to get things done in real time, how to deal with corporates, how to communicate with other colleges etc. This is helps in grooming your personality and prepares you for a tough corporate life ahead.

Although life at B-School can get challenging at times but facing that challenge and eventually overcoming that challenge is where the fun lies.

Prateek Malhotra, PGDM (2014-16), FORE School of Management, New Delhi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey professionals I am from ISB&M Nande 2013-15 batch. Actually this institute is one which has changed my thinking all together. I have met with all the kind of person out here and from them I have learned a lot. I have a mixed experience at ISB&M. For anyone looking for a college which is for their lifestyle enhancement, ISB&M is the answer. Apart from this ISB&M is known for its placement as it generally maintain 100% placement record which is a rarity in these days. The USP of ISB&M is its President Dr. Pramod Kumar who has connection with over 200 corporates..so rest can be understood without any explanation.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anybody from ISB Hydrabad or Mohali?? I am planning for ISB with 3yrs Work Ex,, so want to know about placements and lifestyle for ISB... Also average package,,,

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone from NMIMS/MDI/IIFT/IMI ? Please respond since notifications for these colleges are coming up  and it'd be really beneficial if you guys could provide some insight. 

NUS MBA - Class of 2019, LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/anjan-raina-18814119/
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Buddies ! am for Welingkar, PGDM batch batch 13-15.

Everyone knows that Welingkar is a Big Brand in itself. This was the only reason for my admission here.But as the time went on,my perception changes. Reality is too much different. Only thing that I would like to say that don't run behind Big Names only. Creating a brand and sustaining it over the period of time is another thing. This year placement is so pathetic too get an average package of 3.5 lacs. So, guys my only suggestion 2 all of u is think twice square before taking admission here. 

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey guys My name is Shehaan Sarosh. I am a student of ITM-Mumbai (Institute of Technology and Management).

My experience at ITM so far has been amazing. The best and the most unforgettable experience that I had here was in the first three days of joining ITM. 

The Boot Camp At ITM

While joining a new place, be it school, college or office, one does have a discomforted feeling of being in a new environment and takes time to adjust. ITM has used the beautiful location of Vangni (a place situated just before Neral & Matheran), to make the adjusting process easy. On the 11th of June 2013 our new batch was taken on a three day camp wherein we, the fresher's batch, were made to learn the different aspects of the corporate world through fun group activities and mission oriented games like rock climbing, flying fox, river rafting, tent making, class room sessions on team building and relating the day's activities to the corporate world and various other activities. The Boot Camp was a wonderful way for us to make friends. By the end of three days i.e. on 13th June 2013 we were all acquainted with each other and got to know each other. It is very rare, for people in any organization to know each other and make friends in such a short span and my college ITM-SIA MUMBAI made is possible.

Hope you all like my experience. I would like to hear from others as well about their life at a B-School.

Thanks,

Shehaan Sarosh

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello folks ! 

Those who have taken admission in different B Schools of India are invited to share their experience, in term of reality and perception.In term of ex-poser, activity, fest, entrepreneurship, and over all quality  of life in B Schools, so that upcoming students should carefully take admission in B Schools.

Thanks !!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...