Life at XIME

61 Posts  ·  222 Users
About this group

Learn more about the life at Xaviers Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship (XIME). Feel free to ask questions and comment.

Page 1 of 7

Make your Life very easy with your knowldege and if you wnat any informatio about schools, colleges and courses you can go through Allschoolscolleges.com 

know more about courses etc.  http://course.allschoolscolleges.com/ 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Internship Stories is back! 

Here is Another Inspiring Story from a Student of Batch 23!

Name: Rituraj Asthana

Specialization: Operations

Internship in NUCB, Japan! 

Now That's a Twist!

Every Year, Two Students ae selected to Represent the College in Japan in one of the leading Business Schools in Japan, NUCB! 

Rituraj was one of them,

Here goes his Story

"I would like to thank XIME for giving me this wonderful opportunity to come to Japan and be a part of the Global Leader Program (Spring) 2018 at NUCB Business School. NUCB ranks amongst the top 10 B-Schools in Asia. It is indeed an unforgettable learning experience for me. 

My time at the NUCB Business School helped me to grow in areas such as: hands-on experience, management theory, and international perspective and networking. Learning from company visits such as Toyota I opened my vision of doing business with new Asia by getting first-hand insights. Also, the case study methodology provided me new visions from small to large companies and by the cultural diversity discussions in every class I achieved a complete global business environment. 

I was fortunate enough to receive the scholarship of 320,000 JPY from the Japanese Government. JASSO is regarded as the most respected student scholarship in Japan. The scholarship is given by considering various factors – past academic records, work experience and SOP (statement of purpose).

I believe that studying in Japan is an enriching experience both personally and professionally speaking, it has been definitely the path that will best prepare me for the road ahead. It fulfilled my expectations and enhanced my corporate background, giving me the superior global learning experience that represents the door to a new view of the business world."

Post 43388261516318
1 like1 comment
Lakshmi_89
@Lakshmi_89  ·  0 karma

My congratulations!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Now underway: National Conference on Indian Management Education - Time to Transform On the morning of the 29th of January, the National Conference on Indian Management Education at the Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore, was started off with the inaugural ceremony as the choir invoked the blessings of the Almighty. Prof. J. Philip, Chairman of XIME, delivered the welcome address during which he greeted the Chief Guest Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty, Chairman of Narayana Hrudalaya and IIM Bangalore, the keynote speaker Dr. John Camillus, a professor of Strategy at Katz School of Business, and all the speakers and Chairmen of the sessions. Prof. Phillip then spoke of how the Indian MBA, typified by the IIMs, embodies the good and bad features of Indian learning -high in merit, conceptual skills, retentive knowledge, but still lagging in innovativeness and performance. To Prof. Phillip, the conference is a “comprehensive review of management education in the country” wherein there lies a large scope for change and the present situation demands it. This conference will also be addressing the ways to go about this transformation and take on the challenge of creating a better MBA which produces graduates of great professional and personal caliber. Mr. Muthuraman, Former Vice Chairman, Tata Steel Ltd. (and the co-chair of the sessions) welcomed the audience and spoke on the industry perspective and the gap that exists between industry requirements and the present MBA curriculum. He attributes this gap to four reasons: a lack of contemporary knowledge, skills that cannot be taught, disruptive changes like digitalization and finally a misplaced admiration and imitation of the unmitigated capitalistic model of the US which is solely profit-oriented and ignores the social and inclusive aspect. Dr. Devi Shetty, a gifted surgeon and social entrepreneur, then delivered the inaugural address where he illustrated how technology will disrupt everything using examples from his own experience in the healthcare sector and the digital transformation it is undergoing. A case in point is the Kaizala App, designed by Microsoft. With regard to management, Dr. Shetty advised, “Get the best people to do the job and get out of the way”. Dr. Camillus, in his keynote address, focused on three key words: Transformation, needed in management schools, Disruption, the key characteristic of the present environment, and Strategy, “ a construct that harmonizes the environment”. He spoke about the impact of a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) world on businesses, primarily consisting of globalization, the need for shared value and imperative innovation. He also highlighted the importance of a lot of books like Future Shock by Alvin Toffler, The Wisdom of finance by Mihir Desai. According to Dr. Camillus, “Truth is valuable only if it has action”. He laid out the ABCs of Identity – Aspirations (Vision), Beliefs and Competencies that interact like the notes of a chord – the root note, the third and the fifth. Three dimensions we are to focus as a framework for transformation are: the Purpose (heart) , Agile Pedagogies (hand) and Intelligent technology-enabled management (head). Dr. N. Muthukumar, Chairman , CII Karnataka briefly touched upon CII’s focus on inclusive growth and development. He emphasized the need for an attitudinal change in the people of India in order to create the right cultures in the organization. It is his belief that Indian education has to change at all levels with a focus on updating skills sets and continuous learning. Dr.Muthukumar ended on a patriotic note when he said that a focus on customer innovation and one’s employees would India on top. The inaugural ceremony came to a close when the vote of thanks was proposed by Prof. Anantharaman, Provost, XIME.

3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

XIMERA '19

The long awaited event is coming, Get set to witness ADIVAHA

Post 5808890001752064
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

On the 29th and 30th of January, XIME wil be hosting a National Conference on 'Indian Management Education: Time to Transform'

Post 4633444540219392
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Today, 40 students of XIME (from all three campuses) will be making their way to Guangdong University of Foreign Studies, Guangzhou, China. There they will be immersed in an intensive learning and enriching cultural experience. In addition to Guangzhou, the students will also travel to Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Macau

All the best travellers!

Post 5243800966922240
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

In keeping with the aim to provide a holistic education, students of XIME are required to perform SUPA (Socially Useful and Productive Activity) in the month of December. 

Through the internship, students become familiar with the managing of an NGO and develop an awareness of the various social issues and an appreciation for those making a difference. 

Post 6145258767777792
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hear it from the Final Years!!

All about their Internships in their own words!!

Shubham Bhattacharya

Specialization: Operations

Internship at Boeing

"When I joined Boeing, I was never treated as an intern, rather, I was always treated as a full time employee. I was included in the meetings and performance discussions. The assignment that was assigned to me was extremely relevant to what I had studied and at the same time to the organization. Gradually I started working with four different teams on four different assignments. It was always exciting to work in the assignments where I had mentors, friends and guides. People were always ready to guide me, be my mentor and everyone which includes even the department head was always approachable.  He shared his experience as a fresher and it was truly a mind boggling session, a session to remember. This was not all, the CEO, Dennis Muilenburg took his time out to meet all the interns across the globe over a video conference. 

In a nutshell, it was an amazing experience at Boeing that I will remember for the lifetime."

Post 6689307778088960
3 likes2 comments
Madhu1232097
@Madhu1232097  ·  1 karma

Would like to hear from hr folks as well!! Anyways thanks for sharing... Was extremely helpful!!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
mollyonly
@mollyonlyXIME  ·  10 karma

@Madhu1232097 Will definitely come up with internships stories from the HR Stream. Please keep following this section!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

XIME’s VISION

To be a globally oriented Business School that is counted among the leading Business Schools of India as well as abroad with high levels of international accreditation. The institution will forever have students at the centre of its aspirations and endeavours while manifesting wholehearted commitment to all its stakeholders. Competence, dedication and contribution to society will be the watchwords of XIME. XIME envisages its future development with four units on stream by 2020. Being staunchly devoted to excellence of quality, every unit of XIME will admit to its portals only adequate number of students so as to accomplish that objective.

XIME’s MISSION

To contribute to nation building by providing a steady stream of competent, value-driven and globally oriented managers.

XIME’s VALUES

•    Excellence
  •    Innovation
  •    Integrity
  •    Openness to Ideas
  •    Diversity
  •    Societal Concern
1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Want to know more about the Entrepreneurship cuture at XIME?

Here's what one of our XIMEans started with;

https://theximelife.blogspot.com/2018/12/calling-all-entrepreneurs.html

Please follow the link to know more.

Also, be sure to visit our website- www.xime.org for an overview

Remember, we value your future, just like you do.

Happy trails :)

Post 5754758613172224
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...