Life at IIM's - A Comparative Study

2 Posts  ·  3 Users
About this group
I am starting a new thread which is exclusive for the comparison of the relative merits/ demrits of the different IIM's. This is only for the benefit of the new aspirants, people who would be making this tough choice of selection between the ...
Page 1 of 1

Sorry, cant allow this thread for the following reasons:

1. This is a section exclusively for B-schoolers.

2. Comparisons is a big NO NO on PG.

You can always use PG rankings for your reference or PM seniors or Alumni of these B-schools.

All the best.

Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

I am starting a new thread which is exclusive for the comparison of the relative merits/ demrits of the different IIM's.

This is only for the benefit of the new aspirants, people who would be making this tough choice of selection between the IIM's this week.

Its purely my own subjective opinion, gathered over a period of 5-6 years of my MBA studies from one of the IIM's (regular 2 yr pgp course) along with the association & feedback from many of my friends who studied in almost all of the IIM's.

I would rate the IIM's in their level of studies/academic rigour as follows:

1) IIML (most rigorous)
2) IIMA
3) IIMB
4) IIMC
5) IIMI
6) IIMK (least rigorous)

Its a very relative rankings, where IIMK being the most chill out, is still a lot rigorous then FMS, NITIE, IITB, NMIMS etc...

There is this rule of suspending a student in any of the 2 years if he gets 2F grades or 3D grades.. & IIML has got a notorious track record of giving hoards of F grades to its students. They gave around 25 F grade last year in Statistice Introductory course. Whereas the same course attarcted not even a single D at IIMA...

So that explains what might be the criteria of IIML. I personally have no personal vendetta against IIM's.. but I am very much apalled by the general poor quality of the faculty & their own personal pedagogy followed.. Even Harvard or Stanford doesn't awards that many F's & D's... There are many foreign faculty at the IIM's & most of then universally acknowledge about the tough grading practices they had to follows when they teach here.... They admit that back there in their home country MBA education is relatively much chiller..

There is no doubt a dominance of SC/ST students who receive that many F's & D's .. so a word of caution to the reserved junta.. stay away from the more rigorous IIM's.. go to a chill place.. It is indeed very saddening to watch people loose 2 years of effort, time & huge loan amount... when they had to come out without a degree...

The general category students would tide over any IIM's ( for them nothing is difficult)

Would continue sharing my thoughts more in mynext email...

I am sorry if I am hurting any sentiments of any of the IIm alumuni...

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.