Life @ Amrita School of Business Bangalore

277 Posts  ·  141 Users
About this group
Hi All, Its been almost close to year since joining the college. Had been planning to post the events( :: ) since a long time. To start, the profile of Amrita School of Business, Bangalore. The speciality of the program is the Dual...
Page 1 of 28

Has any1 got a reply after accepting the offer letter of Amrita Bangalore?...I got selected in Bangalore campus..and got offer letter...i sent an acceptance mail..but still no intimation has come

2 comments
Abhisat7
@Abhisat7  ·  0 karma

@Dk5425 Nope.I guess you have to pay the first installment for it.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
Dk5425
@Dk5425  ·  16 karma

Oh..cool

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I did my undergratuation from Amrita Cochin campus and I was was so damn sure that I won't join an Amrita again because it was so strict in Amrita Cochin. After I completed my Mat entrance I had a decent score and I made it many B-Schools like PSG, StJosephs, Christ, WeSchool and Amrita School Of Business Bangalore & Coimbatore campus .  Out of all this my entire family wanted me to choose Amrita campus . 

I did not want to go to Coimbatore campus because there was nothing outside the campus other than a chicken shop. Then I chose ASB Bangalore , which offers a dual degree(MBA from ASB and MS from University at Buffalo) 

I was pretty sad the first few days after I joined the hostel, felt so lonely and felt like I had no one . But after a week I realised that this Bschool is heaven. 

The beautiful campus 

The amazing faculties 

100 percent placements 

Summer Internship placements 

Various clubs (like entrepreneurs club, analytics club, dance club, marketing club etc)

You also get to go for bfests and other competitions 

My good bunch of classmates 

*To all who is wondering about placements*

100 percent placements for my senior batch . It's all about getting placed at the end , without doubt you will get placed .All colleges hype up saying their highest package is 24 lakhs or so but the question is how many students get that package. Maybe 3 of them from the entire class . So the question should always be what's the average package. Well ASB's average package is around 6.5 to 7 lakhs which is decent . And highest will be around 19 lakhs. 

Now I completed my first year and my summer internship. In next 4 days I am heading to University at buffalo with all my classmates and our Chairperson. 

One more thing I must add on is about the freedom that you get here . 

You will be jam packed with classes like any other top Bschools 

Still you get about two hours to go out everyday. If  you need more time for some other special occasions then you will get permission from faculties to go out for a longer time. 

Weekends you are free to go out as well. 

Trust me it's not like any other Amrita institutions.

I have just completed my first year here and I know Bangalore city inside out. 🙂♥️

The only thing that I don't like about this college is The canteen . Everything else is decent and good ✌️♥️

Ps: to all the foodies don't worry , there are a lot of food joints outside the campus . You can eat out everyday if you want . 

Any further clarifications please email me @ 

aiswarya556@gmail.com

Aiswarya Ajith 

MBA-MS -2017-19 

Amrita School Of Business,Bangalore

Post 6318312988868608
3 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

This review is for Amrita School Of Business, Bangalore. 

I am a student at Amrita School Of Business. Don’t ever join this college. There are multiple reasons for this -

• The MS program that they are advertising is a MS where faculty from UB come to India to take classes. But each course is completed in just 4 days. Be aware of this.
  • Placements are below average. The average CTC is 5.5 lakhs. You will have to go to Coimbatore for each company. Hardly any companies come to Bangalore campus.
  • 90% of the companies offer sales profile and if you are in finance or HR or operations,you are basically screwed.
  • They don't have 100% placement, they ask students to sign a form to opt out of placements. If you are not placed.
  • They have stared a new major in Business analytics, but no companies come to recruit those students.

In conclusion, for the 14 lakhs fees that you pay, the experience is awful. And at the end you will end up without a proper placement. Just join some other  amrita coimbatore.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi everyone. Can u please share how will be the personal interview at ASB . what are the commonly asked questions? 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I think this is one of the worst B- School in the country. I haven't got good feed back from most of the alumni.. I have heard that they couldn't even fill half of the seats for the last year's batch!!! Most of the students gets field sales jobs which comes under the lowest in the hierarchy.. and they quit the job with in months!!! I saw someone saying that it is one of the best in the country! Dude, IIMs are the best in the country. Goldman Sachs and Mckinsys recruits from IIMs  ! Students gets Middle level or top level management positions , right after the program!! So, just don't compare ASB with the mighty IIM, its injustice 😁

Getting a job in the middle east is one of the easiest task. My Muslim friends even without proper degrees are in the middle east and earning good money. Life sucks there!! No body want's to go out of flourishing India, there are ample opportunities within the boundaries.

13L of fees is a joke for this bschool. I have heard that there is only one room with AC.. and the dean won't allow to use that room (cost saving, i guess) 😁 and yeah food SUCKS!

Its not worth the investment. To the college admin.. pls dnt mislead parents and students, just cos u want's to make some money for the Amritanatamayi ashram.. !!

5 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 5
Deepz1212
@Deepz1212  ·  13 karma

Dear

@pagal.anuu

, pls don't comment anything without knowing the facts about ASB Coimbatore. I have completed first year of my MBA and doing my summer internship. There are ample opportunities at ASB and the life at ASB is very good too, and yes of course if you want to join Mckinsey and Goldman Sachs may be it happens only at IIMs (provided that you have a very good cat score). I preferred ASB over many other Top BSchools and I had a cat percentile of 89, there are many students at ASB Coimbatore who are very competitive and practical and we have cracked placements along with other BSchools like SIBM Pune, KJ Somaiya. About the fees, it was 8.5 lacs for 2014-16 batch which includes food and accommodation, of course the food is veg. Average CTC for last year was 6.0 L. If you have good analytical skills, you are likely to get research analyst profile and International placements also happens at ASB (Khimji Ramdas and Barakat)

It's not one of the world's best but it's not that bad to be represented by the way that you have described about ASB.  Kindly let me know the name and batch of the Alumni who gave you this information and all the best to you too 😃 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
adirokz
@adirokz  ·  0 karma

@

pagal.anuu  (Before I start, I need to disclose that I'm an alumni of ASB Bangalore (belonging to 2015 batch)  ,working as a Pre sales consultant in an IT firm )  Dear anuu your entitled to your opinion ,I'm sure your" sources " are some disgruntled students who have cynical opinion of the institute, which is natural about any institute.Now comparing ASB with IIM is your fantasy , if you  have "HIGH CAT SCORES "  why would you even think of Amrita ,   a notch below IIM .For that matter even IIM is notch below than warton,harvard or AMBA . So the " best " is relative and grass is always greener on the other side. I'm sure even if you land up in IIM ,you will abuse and aspire for much better coz that's human nature. I do concede ASB has issues similar to any other institute .As far as the college is concerned, the faculty is excellent and I'm serious about it.I also concede that activities beyond academics are far less than desired but that too considering its an integrated course , its natural .Now as far as placements in concerned ,its centralized in Coimbatore, You mentioned " field sales " job ,Now this reflects your immature outlook towards industry ."field sales " are important profiles of certain industries like FMCG .College offers a gamut of roles from territory sales manager to marketing analyst ( if your opting for marketing )  .if your not comfortable about so called "filed sales" there still options to consider. And by the way FYI , I'm sure you did not hear that FMCG companies follow Unilever model ,wherein even if your from "premier insitute " you need to work in "field sales "  in places like guwahati,latur etc.. no  matter where you come from. Also,if your not keen on marketing ,you can go for finance ,hr operations where companies like crisil to Bosch have come for placements. Now you mentioned about "AC rooms "-Well the so called sophisticated room you were referring are used during " ALL" the Ms.courses . The reason why its not used is once your in second year, suppose 10 ppl take HR, 15 Marketing,rest finance ops etc..  it dosen't make sense to make  use  of the huge  room . The insitute is unique amalgamation of us and indian pedagogy , you get exposure that's worth  the stay . Again, Im not a " PR  person " of college ,neither am I'm getting  " Paid " by college to write this ( Also, yaa I'm not religious or spiritually inclined  or belonging to certain "linguistic ethnicity" ,I hope you understand what I mean ) , I concede college has stupid rules like id cards and hostel timings and also as Im mentioned earlier lot of events are missing but its unfair to saw its worst... ( If your bothered about placement here is the gift for you :

http://amritacir.in/placements.html#mng .. regards ( from a  content student unlike the  disgruntled likes you approached .. )

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Dear Aspiring students and future Amritians, ignore any negative feedback about Amrita School of Business Bangalore, As i could see one of the alumni giving a negative feedback, which is not true at all. I was not in top of my batch academically, but still the encouragement and support  I got from faculties @ ASB Bangalore, made me reach the top of placements, I managed to get the highest package and got placed in Dubai, I would have not got this confidence and support if I had not been in ASB Bangalore. The faculties @ ASB Bangalore are world class and MS course is one of the best in India. I promise ASB Bangalore will be a experience which will enrich you in lot of ways. 

3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
ragraymond
@ragraymond  ·  0 karma

@prashant19 Just because one guy got placed well does not mean the whole Batch got Justice. I have nothing Against ASB. But Fleecing students with a MS-MBA, the worth of which is highly questionable is a bit much.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
pagal.anuu
@pagal.anuu  ·  4 karma

I don't think this guy got a good job. We should know the company and the job profile to judge  on that! Why is no one answering??! 

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hiii everyone,ASB Bangalore is a wonderful place to study and excel. The faculties in this B-School are really supportive and the best! As i Understand there had been a negative vibe about the college and the life in amrita. Kindly follow the link given by Vidyalakshmi nair as it gives the real picture 😃 .  At the end of the day, this institution has helped the best candidates to get the best offer in the industry. 

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all, I can see a lot of posts that are negative. Aspirants of ASB-Bangalore, please be assured that they are totally in its entirety FALSE. I myself am an alumni of ASB-Bangalore and am doubtful if the people who have been posting negative comments are even alumni from ASB-Bangalore. To hear the truth from the horse's mouth or rather "real" alumni talk, please visit:

http://www.amrita.edu/school/business/bengaluru/alumni. This will give you the true picture. ASB-Bangalore is a unique experience all in itself if you are willing to put the efforts (which is true for any college - mind you!) and apply the concepts that you have understood pragmatically. If you do have any questions, please feel free to ask away.

1 comment
pagal.anuu
@pagal.anuu  ·  4 karma

What are the profiles offered?

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I'm looking forward to apply at ABS, Bangalore for PGDM - 2014. I want to know about the coaching and placements for HR and Operations.

Thanks!
1 comment
rutabhatt
@rutabhatt  ·  0 karma
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

one of the worst college ever i come across..presently i am in ASB banglore..the rules and facilities sucks here..no wifi in hostel rooms thr's a seperate room fr that..worst food..and moreovr the most imp thing MBA MS course is fake..we r spending near abt 12lac fees and gettng placemnts on the basis of only MBA degree and that too we r gettng placmnts of 4-5 lacs..MBA MS course is just to atract admissions nothng else..a boy cannot touch a girl or walk together otherwise u r dead..:Pu can go out of the college daily fr only 2 hours and u hav to be back by 7:00 pm..pass is issued fr 2 hours that is 3-5 or 4-6 or 5-74 gatepass are issued by which u can go out of the colge but u have to be back again before 7:00pm..plz i made a wrong decision i dnt want others to make that..dont join this colege..dnt waste yr money and tym..the engg students condition are worst then us..n the rules and facilities are same fr other campus also..the only thing is that the mba faculty is good n suprted doesnt hav the cheap mentality like engg faculty have..

1 comment
vaibhavbhalla1012
@vaibhavbhalla1012  ·  0 karma

i totally agree with u ritvik...

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...