Lets Study PHYSICS !!!

36 Posts  ·  33 Users
About this group
hello all,i am starting dis thread so that we non engineers,science grads can revise and prepare a bit on physics so that we don't go blank when questions are showered on us during the interviews... I tried to search alot but couldn't find any...
Page 1 of 4

ok guys another set of questions cuming up :)

1. What comes first - magnetic induction or magnetic attraction?
2. What is Coulomb's Law?
3. what is a moderator?
4. Why is Mercury used in a thermometer?
5. What type of a thermometer - alcohol or mercury - is used in Arctic Region and why?
6. How do high-wire artists balance on such a thin wire? Why do they carry such long poles?
7. How does a white LED work?
8. Mirrors reflect visible light. But how effective are they at reflecting other electromagnetic waves like x-rays and radio waves?
9. What happens if you fire two bullets from an aircraft moving at 1000mph? One is fired forwards at 1000mph and the other backwards at 1000mph.
10. Why do some stars end up as black holes?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@FingersCrossedd said:
Hey, I'm a TIME student too. How and from where are you getting physics related material?
yar i got it from @rhinorocks sir :)
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Consider the inďŹ nitely tall system of identical massive cylinders and massless planks
The moment of inertia of the cylinders is I = MR^2/2. There are two
cylinders at each level, and the number of levels is inďŹ nite. The cylinders do not
slip with respect to the planks, but the bottom plank is free to slide on a table. If
you pull on the bottom plank so that it accelerates horizontally with acceleration a,
what is the horizontal acceleration of the bottom row of cylinders?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sonvi said:
@hanushanand the plimsoll line is the line where the hull of the ship meets the surface of water..also knowns as water line..it indicates the legal limit to which a ship may be loaded for specific water types and temperatures in order to safely maintain upthrust particularly with regard to the hazard ofwaves that may arise. i got this question in from TIME.
Hey, I'm a TIME student too. How and from where are you getting physics related material?
Yes, a turtle with its fingers crossedd.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@Estallar12 ((__0____________|/
The world-view of the Party imposes itself most successfully on people incapable of understanding it.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sonvi said:
@rhinorocks yaar batao ki wat r d failures of newtons third law???
It fails when Non Inertial Frames are there.

No fool like an old fool. http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/pagalguy-dream-team-2012-t-83955/p-3594200/r-4344097
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sonvi said:

6.What is the SI unit of heat?
Joules ( J )
@sonvi said:
7.What is the difference between a plane mirror and a curved mirror?
Plane -
Plane Relfective Surface.
Angle of Inci = Angle of Reflec.
Virtual Image formed behind the Mirror.
@sonvi said:
8.Explain the differences between concave and convex mirrors.
Concave -
Inward Bulge
Away from direction of Light.
Used to Focus light at one point.
Converging Lens as they draw light and focus it at a point.
Used in Hypermetropia.

Convex -
Outward Bulge.
Facing Towards the direction of light.
Used to scatter away rays or light.
Diverging Lens or Fish Eye Lens as they diverge rays falling on them allowing us to see more of rear.
Used in Automobile Mirrors.
Used in Myopia.
@sonvi said:
9.Are convex lenses diverging or converging?
Mentioned Above.
@sonvi said:
10.What is a Mach number?
It tells us how Macho the Speed of Object is.
No fool like an old fool. http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/pagalguy-dream-team-2012-t-83955/p-3594200/r-4344097
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sonvi said:
@busar005@FingersCrossedd@jay12@Bababhokali@ManaginBug@vivekvashist07@MBA_brat@hanushanand@rhinorockshere goes the next set of questions nd guys please lets be more regular in posting questions and answers here ...sorry i had not been well since last few days so cudnt post 1.What is impulse?
I = F dt

When we apply force to a body, its momentum will change. Now, Momentum = mass x velocity. In most of the cases, mass remains constant so velocity will change in accordance with the direction of force. It might decrease of increase. Greater Force, Greater Velocity, Greater acceleration and hence, greater momentum. Now, if force is applied for long period of time, more momentum changes can be seen.
Thus, Force with it time period of application gives quantity of Impulse.
@sonvi said:
2.What is centripetal force? Cite some instances.
Basic cause of Circular Motion is Centripetal Force. It acts towards the centre and helps to keep the body in its particular path of motion. Direction is orthogonal to the Velocity.
@sonvi said:
3.what is centrifugal force? Give some examples.
This force tends to throw the body away from centre of Rotation. I guess it is due to Inertia of the Body.
@sonvi said:
4.What is specific heat?
Heat per unit mass to increase temp. by a degree.
@sonvi said:
5.define thermal expansion.
Expansion due to Thermal Effect or Change in Volume due to change in Temperature. Here, Change means Increase as we are talking about Expansion.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@busar005 @FingersCrossedd @jay12 @Bababhokali @ManaginBug @vivekvashist07 @MBA_brat @hanushanand @rhinorocks
here goes the next set of questions nd guys please lets be more regular in posting questions and answers here :)...sorry i had not been well since last few days so cudnt post
1.What is impulse?
2.What is centripetal force? Cite some instances.
3.what is centrifugal force? Give some examples.
4.What is specific heat?
5.define thermal expansion.
6.What is the SI unit of heat?
7.What is the difference between a plane mirror and a curved mirror?
8.Explain the differences between concave and convex mirrors.
9.Are convex lenses diverging or converging?
10.What is a Mach number?

P.S.-- i am putting very simple questions here...coz dese r the one's that are generally asked 😃 :)

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@sonvi said:
@rhinorocks yaar batao ki wat r d failures of newtons third law??? and BRAGG's law
when we have an elcetric charge..it'll create an electric field around itself..
and after some time if we place another charged particle in that field..then the field will start exerting its electrical force on that charge...but the other charge will take little time to create its field..
this is the most basic failure of newton's 3rd law..the time for which the lag is about in nanosec ranges...:)
IRMA PRM-34//Winner of Puyscar trophy for the most helpful user in GK and other resources section
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...