Let us rate the Investment Banks n Dream Companies

11 Posts  ·  7 Users
About this group
Hi, Got (QA job) offers frm *Lehman Bro* & *Merrill Lynch*... Which one to take up? Pls suggest... (Updated this thread to give the latest - pls see 2nd reply of mine for more info) Hi, just want to know which among the *investment ba...
Page 1 of 2

can you guys also post your academic background.... and the job profiles you are targetting in the investment banks.

dudezkool ... do u have a JD for your offer... how much is the C&B;.

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hey thanks Kool dude...:)

it was f gr8 help....

Regards

Vaishali

Vaishali,

There are quite a few threads in PG which can help you out... just use the all-powerful search tool.
The below links will be more than helpful...

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/info-about-investment-banking-and-consulting-25002457
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/investment-banking-and-mergers-acquisitions-25008784
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/my-life-as-an-investment-banker-25012391

Boy! Instead of answers to my problems - i am getting back more questions... 😁 haahaaa (No issues although)

By going thru the above threads (& lot more previously) i came 2 knw the PG community has overwhelming number of best brains... Can't figure out why none of them are taking initiative in responding here!?

Dablu, Tulips, Crazyfootballer & Aisehie... Thanks so much 😃 c'ya

KoolDude

Hi Kooldude/dudezkool,

Cnt suggest u nethng...

m a B.Com(H) graduate...wanna get into investment banking...have no clues...pls fil me in wit al dat u knw abt investment banking n how to go abt it...cn u teme d difference between consultancy n investment banking as well..

thanks.

Vaishali

Hi dudezkool

What kinda job are u doing in QA? What is your background?Are u a techie? I am asking you all this bcoz myself a techie who looking to shift to finance. Will be applying to diff. investment banks etc.

I believe Morgan stanley is the best but considering your options - i think you should right now concentrate on getting the job first. Both Merryl Lynch and Lehman Brothers are from the top draw and since both are giving you same kinda profile then no confusion there. Just take any one of them.

Dude,

AFAIK the work culture & growth opportunities provided will be the same at both the companies.
Heard from a (frnds') friend working at Lehman that there are little/No on-site chances in his company, I don't know how Merrill fares in this.
For your other question - Morgan Stanley might be the best i-bank.

All the best...

Hi, Thanks for the Deloitte lead. I thinks Myrill is better than Lehman......

keep in touch
Nam

Hi again,

I got another offer from Merrill Lynch as well.
Since the profiles offered by Lehman Bro & Merrill (both in Mumbai) are the same, i would like to request you to advice me which company will be good for my career (me in QA).
Many ppl r sending me pms' asking how to apply - I did it thru NAUKRI.com, just post ur resume & get ready for calls...
(But my query is evoking luke-warm response here... 😞 !!? )
Please post replies & make this thread a bit sticky... See you

Thanks in advance...

KoolDude

Hei Investment banking is the most lucrative sector.some times the bonus is 5 to 10 times of ur salary.Last year in japan the highest tax payer was a 46 year old Investment banker.
These r some of the best I-Banks like 1.Goldman Sachs,Lehman brothers,Morgan stanley,UBS Investment ets...Tell me about ur background.

Hi Dablu, Started this thread as i found lot of ppl in PG with very gud exposure to the investment banking. Wanted to gain bit of gyan frm them... I just got offer frm global i-bank as engineer (QA) which i will be rejecting in lieu of learning SAP (may b an MBA later)... Have an intrvw with Merrill Lynch also this wkend... am in a chaotic situation 😞 whether to go for these i-banks or learn SAP...
(Ah! im deviating the purpose of this thread...)

Hei Investment banking is the most lucrative sector.some times the bonus is 5 to 10 times of ur salary.Last year in japan the highest tax payer was a 46 year old Investment banker.
These r some of the best I-Banks like 1.Goldman Sachs,Lehman brothers,Morgan stanley,UBS Investment ets...Tell me about ur background.