Lehman Brothers

9 Posts  ·  9 Users
About this group
Hello There Any One Interested Joining This Tread?
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
i want to know that is this a kpo of lehman in mumbai for their prime services business and what is its future prospects,and is it worth to take this job for an MBA?

Please throw some light as soon as possible.

Lehman KPO supports their US business by portfolio tracking, data processing, first level basic company analysis(filling formats coming from US), accounting etc. It will be another job for MBA selection committee. If you are planning for Finance it may give some broad awareness about investments and markets etc in 1-2 years. Broadly it is glorified data processing for undergrads.
In current environment other jobs are more preferred by b-schools than BPO/KPO's. Also a major proportion of candidates are from IT/ITeS segment so schools are looking for other sector applicants for diversity in class.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Lehman is known for its I-Banking business. So if you are looking at leveraging the Lehman brand, you'd be better off aiming for their main work. But if BPO/KPO is what you are targetting, then whether its Lehman or Merrill Lynch or JPMorgan, there is little that separates these units.

Most schools' admission committees are aware of role profiles within the industry and just using brandnames may not work in your favour. Of course what you do within the BPO/KPO company (operations, management, business development) could make a difference.

Founder - MBA CRYSTAL BALL (mbacrystalball.com) | Twitter www.twitter.com/mba_cb
bizskool Says
hemant, in mumbai Lehman has its BPO/KPO operations. I-banking is in NY, London etc. they take 2-3/few IIM A, B, C toppers from India for pure I-banking. they are hirinh from tier-2 insttns for their BPO oprns or ppl with fin deg like CA, CFA etc.

Hello,
i want to know that is this a kpo of lehman in mumbai for their prime services business and what is its future prospects,and is it worth to take this job for an MBA?

Please throw some light as soon as possible.

For SW pros Lehman will have openings on Database and related like data mining, warehousing, BI etc (look for tool specifics in their ads/site) as they have lot of data to manage and analyze. most competitors like Goldman also have similar openings.

Please answer my queries :

1) What kind of opportunities does Lehman Brothers provide for Software professional ?

2) Hows the pay ?

3) Is the work good ?

Thanks

U need to have a very good knowledge bout the technology u workin on or interested in...they pay ard 5.5 lacs for a person with 1.5 yrs of exp...

Please answer my queries :

1) What kind of opportunities does Lehman Brothers provide for Software professional ?

2) Hows the pay ?

3) Is the work good ?

Thanks

hemant, in mumbai Lehman has its BPO/KPO operations. I-banking is in NY, London etc. they take 2-3/few IIM A, B, C toppers from India for pure I-banking. they are hirinh from tier-2 insttns for their BPO oprns or ppl with fin deg like CA, CFA etc.

I Am Looking For The Discussion Regarding The The Working Of Investment Bankers And How Lehman Brothers Doing In Mumbai.

Hello There

Any One Interested Joining This Tread?