leave job for cat

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
I am working in a MNC and have around 20 months (IT sector) experience. I have a poor academic background( X-75 , XII - 70 and B.Tech CSE -66). Thus in order to compensate for it I wanted to gain experience for 2 years. But with so much work ...
Page 1 of 1

I am working in a MNC and have around 20 months (IT sector) experience. I have a poor academic background( X-75 , XII - 70 and B.Tech CSE -66). Thus in order to compensate for it I wanted to gain experience for 2 years. But with so much work load(even have to extend on weekends) at office I am not able to study. I am also convinced that this is not what I want to do rest of my life. I only continued the job to gain experience to compensate for poor acads. I tried to slog to study an hour daily and on sundays,thought of going for leave for a month in october but till now it has not given any positive result. Infact it has brought more frustration(It is not an an option anymore).

So i am left with following choices

1. Leave the job and give a genuine crack at cat. It is a risk but I am confident of clearing written exam. I get disheartened when I see some of my friends not able to convert good b-school even after getting 98 percentile (which is the minimum I require to get good b-school calls).Also profile (acads + ex) has become a vital factor in getting a good b-school.If it is not meant to be then I can look at other options like study for gre,gmat. I am going to leave the job eventually then why delay the decision?

2. Continue with job to gain 2+ experience and give exams next year. Keep patience and hope for best. Am I being foolish to leave job to study mba? or By continuing with job I am postponing things and wasting a year?

Is there a big difference in 20 and 24 months work ex? Is it worth enough to leave a year? Will leaving the job backfire at me during interviews? Will 20 months not solve my purpose of compensating for poor acads at interview? Is having 2 years work ex that important? Is 2 years the minimum experience required to get any notable importance at cat(even for gmat,gre).Am I giving to much attention to smaller details and thinking too far ahead? Should I just focus on getting good percentile in different mba exams.

The constant pressure of job and cracking cat is sapping energy out of me. Everyday I go to office I feel disgusted(feel like a mental laborer). I am becoming cynical and frustrated. I have thought about it alot keeping about pros and cons of both but I am going around circles and not able to take a decision. Can someone please genuinely guide me.Can someone share their experience if they faced a similar situation.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...