Last Section Phobia

9 Posts  ·  8 Users
About this group
Dunno if it happens to me only. Any section I attempt the last is the one that gettly royally screwed.. 9 times of 10. :: Is it coz, A. You are like feeling the pressure (did i say 'of the loo'? :: ) by the end of 90 minutes and your concen...
Page 1 of 1

hi
i have a little problem regarding tis stuff only.my quants is fine n i m always near the cut offs and my english is okay but i miss the cut off by like three or more marks genrally.i have always attempted quants frst cuz i guess tht is sumthin u shud do wid a fresh mind.i dunt know how far m i correct.tell me wht shud i attempt frst quants or english.di will always be in the middle.but i really got a horrible score in ims2 di wich really sucks!!!!it was only 6 .please give me some advice.need it desperately

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
same here buddy !! I always score the lowest in the last section I attempt..doesnt matter whether it is DI or QA or VA/RC ... it seems that many people have this problem that they either loose enthu by the end of the exam or they can't cope up wid the time pressure ( which undoubtedly mounts high on u during the end) ...

what i have thought for this is :

Although QA is my strongest section and I may not able to capitalize on it if i do it in the end, I have planned to do it in the end as i feel I am much more comfortable with doing QA under pressure rather than doing DI or VA/RC... the 3-4 marks lost here under time pressure can be compensated by doing well in VA/RC where it is much more easier to score....

I am okayish with VA/RC so I am gonna spend first 40 minutes over here as score here can give a big boost to overall total....then in between VA and QA comes the DI...I tried this strategy and getting some 51 marks in AIMCAT0611...so it seems it is working fine for me..

what u puys say ?

I agree with you on the part of doing VA first. The thing is VA/RC is the section where people score like hell and if you screw up that sec. youu know where you can end up.

But doing QA in the last i don't think so!! Well you are more prone to creating silly mistakes under pressure. And then you know??

Well others also pour in your suggestions!
Wow and i trhought this was just my problem!

Thank god you people also exist. With me VA gets royally screwed whenever attempted in the last. So i attempt it in the beginning. I think i will try to attempt it in between the other two and tell you all what happens. Also though DI/DS/LR is my scoring section, when done in last i score low in it. So what do i do????
Keep pouring in your responses and advices.

same here buddy !! I always score the lowest in the last section I attempt..doesnt matter whether it is DI or QA or VA/RC ... it seems that many people have this problem that they either loose enthu by the end of the exam or they can't cope up wid the time pressure ( which undoubtedly mounts high on u during the end) ...

what i have thought for this is :

Although QA is my strongest section and I may not able to capitalize on it if i do it in the end, I have planned to do it in the end as i feel I am much more comfortable with doing QA under pressure rather than doing DI or VA/RC... the 3-4 marks lost here under time pressure can be compensated by doing well in VA/RC where it is much more easier to score....

I am okayish with VA/RC so I am gonna spend first 40 minutes over here as score here can give a big boost to overall total....then in between VA and QA comes the DI...I tried this strategy and getting some 51 marks in AIMCAT0611...so it seems it is working fine for me..

what u puys say ?

well folks, its always suggested that u shud attempt the sections in ur order of strength, biggest strength 1st and so on.

initially my order used to be VA-QA-DI. probably this resulted in not-so-good scores in DI. for past few mocks, i ve been trying DI-VA-QA, and lemme tell u, its working for me. my strength being VA, wat i do is, give 40 min to DI, 35 to VA, 35 to QA and last 10 min i pick up a RC. ya i know its never suggested to take up a RC at last, but english being my strength, i can attempt 1 RC in 10 min, and aim at getting 5 ques correct straightaway. i usually get 4 right. so this shoots up score no doubt.

well regarding those who face problem in VA, i wud suggest take up one more caselet in last 10 min, solve n get all 4-5 of them right. regarding QA, i anything more than 35 min is futile...

do comment folks...

whew!! was wonderin abt the same yesterday.
i was stuck at VA-QA-DI (rings a bell??) for a loooong time with no improvement at all in scores. tried DI-QA-VA this time with an insult to the injured scores would someone who's been here and got out (successfully) kindly help the junta here...

Wow and i trhought this was just my problem!

Thank god you people also exist. With me VA gets royally screwed whenever attempted in the last. So i attempt it in the beginning. I think i will try to attempt it in between the other two and tell you all what happens. Also though DI/DS/LR is my scoring section, when done in last i score low in it. So what do i do????

Keep pouring in your responses and advices.

Dunno if it happens to me only. Any section I attempt the last is the one that gettly royally screwed.. 9 times of 10. Is it coz,

A. You are like feeling the pressure (did i say 'of the loo'? ) by the end of 90 minutes and your concentration levels are at the pits?

B. That you were overtly generous with other sections and left abt 30 mins for the last deprived section?

Or ,

C. Is it my sequence of 'VA-QA-DI' which is fundamentally incorrect?:wow:

Awaiting incidences, theorems to validate my observations. Suggestions/remedies also solicited.

Ciao

The reason usually is a mix of all the above factors..depending on ones confidence levels and strategy adopted.

I saw some increase in my scores when i tried the DI-QA-VA combination. I guess u can attribute it to teh fact that low concentration levels was not that much of an influence as far as VA is concerned.

Also for me DI was potentially for scoring than QA hence DI comes b4 QA.

Still tinkering with more experiments...All inputs are a welcome !

Cheers

Awaiting incidences, theorems to validate my observations. Suggestions/remedies also solicited.

Ciao

i seriously feel there is gotta be something wrong vid this sequence, 'coz me 2 like u sailing in the same boat buddy!!!!!!............for the last 2 aimcats hv been falling in DI section when attempted last and today was no different..........whatever be the toughness level of the paper, i always invariably end up getting approx the same scores............and this single section ruins up my entire score!

Suggestions/remedies solicited.

a seemingly frustated cat aspirant!

Dunno if it happens to me only. Any section I attempt the last is the one that gettly royally screwed.. 9 times of 10. Is it coz,

A. You are like feeling the pressure (did i say 'of the loo'? ) by the end of 90 minutes and your concentration levels are at the pits?

B. That you were overtly generous with other sections and left abt 30 mins for the last deprived section?

Or ,

Ciao