Last lap towards scoring 40 more points (< 30days to go)

5 Posts  ·  4 Users
About this group
Current Score: 660; 48Q; 32V; AWA: 5/6 *TARGET:* Quant Accuracy >80% Verbal Accuracy >70% *TARGET TIME:* Quant - 2mins/q Verbal - 1.8mins/q *TARGET SCALED SCORE:* Quant >=49 Verbal >=35 \---------------------------...
Page 1 of 1

It's always been "PEACE" from my side.... so, no sweat.

Again, couldn't get your point: I'm no way questioning "...the process"

Possibly, too much of planning, strategizing, KPI tracking and goal & target seeting have gotten into my working approach - post working for X number (single digit) of yrs in the Corporate world.

Main objective over here is (& you too have mentioned the same) - scoring as high as possible...! And, ther could b different ways or routes to reach that target/goal; And, tracking KPIs such as accuracy, & time management etc. are mere means to reach there... one could pick & choose from whtever works for him / her...

Anyways, thanks for sharin your inputs.

Cheers

GODSPEED

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@[329504:nobodyhasthisid]

Yoda says "Learn you will not, if you question the process" :-)

Sorry if my questions looked rude. My intention was to ask in rhetoric so you introspect. Peace!

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@ @[1190:Psychodementia]

My reply to your points, in the same order:

1. Does any logic or fact anywhere in the world says, "if i focus on "accuracy", i won't learn from questions". So, idea is to learn while having certain targets

2. When i mentioned target time, i meant "AVERAGE" target time. So, i hope it clarifies

3. I suppose you missed a sign ">=", which means (just in case, you didn't understand it) greater than equal to, which means go as higher as you can and get as many questions correct as possible

Also, you need to elaborate on "Bacche tumhara abhi tak kewal V34 hai - next 4 questions correct karna", as you totally lost me over here

- what's correlation between scaled score and "getting next 4 questions correct"???

Just a recommendation, be little careful and polite in framing your responses

Cheers

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Firstly, I have a problem with your "targets"

1. What is the difficulty level for the "target" accuracy you are aiming for? At a 750-level to hope for a 80% is optimistic. At a 500-level the same becomes pessimistic. So try to change your aim from focusing on accuracy and to learning from the questions. You can learn in a variety of different ways - even on questions you have got correct. Here is a way in which you can do so:
www.crackverbal.com/nailed-it-missed-it-guessed-it-timed-it-screwed-it/

2. Again what is the meaning of "target" time? That you will solve each question in *exactly* the same time? That also is a bit stupid because there are questions which can take more time and questions which can take no more than 30seconds (if you know it). Sample this: http://www.urch.com/forums/gmat-critical-reasoning/64731-consumer-advocate.html I doubt anyone can solve this question in 1.8seconds. So what do you do? Leave it? I would rather suggest you have an overall timing strategy than depending on each question.

3. Why is your target Q49 V35? Is it because you think you can score a 700. Not true. Sample this: http://www.beatthegmat.com/took-the-gmat-690-q49-v35-t113176.html So my question is why set a target? Does it mean the moment you start doing better (than expected) on the GMAT you will say "Hey! Hold on I need to score lower than this". Or will you know by some miraculous intervention that you need to score more "Bacche tumhara abhi tak kewal V34 hai - next 4 questions correct karna". Then what is the point? The only aim should be to get as many questions correct as possible. Period.

Arun
India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Current Score: 660; 48Q; 32V; AWA: 5/6

TARGET:
Quant Accuracy >80%
Verbal Accuracy >70%

TARGET TIME:
Quant - 2mins/q
Verbal - 1.8mins/q

TARGET SCALED SCORE:
Quant >=49
Verbal >=35

-----------------------------------

Current Status:

Quant Accuracy >70%
Verbal Accuracy >67%

Quant - 2mins/q
Verbal - 2.5mins/q

Major problem areas:
1. IR section (any specific strategies for this section?)
2. How to bring down time in Verbal?
3. Any special recommendation to push Quant from 48 to 50?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...