"Ladies First" : An Unfair Prerogative?

26 Posts  ·  13 Users
About this group
women in this country enjoy many privileges. one such privilege is the right to bypass any queue in any public place no matter how long it is. No matter how hard the sun is beating upon you, no matter how long have you been enduring the sweat fill...
Page 1 of 3
rmbt Says
Dont worry,that bill never pass as long as Advanis,Laloo etc are there!!

its not just about advanis n laloos... sonia herself doesnt want to upset anyone with such a bill... its the whole political setup that is to blame...
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

yeah its indeed Outrageous !!!God knows what wl happen once govt. approves 27 % obc Quota.....

Well, i am currently in Pune.Didnt know that situation is that bad.And was thinking if govt implements 27% quota for OBC then where will the middle class go!! When was this thing implemented & any idea about the reason govt gave!!

Totally outrageous!!
Kamikaze44 Says
Sorry for posting twice... no intentions of increasing post count !! .............just kidding............actually, after i posted my reply.......the page just blanked out....so played safe....went back and posted it agn !!!!And that the scenario in Maharashtra buddy !!! ............... 30 % in educational Institutions......... horrible for most of aspiring Engrs, docs, lawyers and alll...................

Well, i am currently in Pune.Didnt know that situation is that bad.And was thinking if govt implements 27% quota for OBC then where will the middle class go!! When was this thing implemented & any idea about the reason govt gave!!

Totally outrageous!!
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!

Sorry for posting twice... no intentions of increasing post count !! .............just kidding............actually, after i posted my reply.......the page just blanked out....so played safe....went back and posted it agn !!!!And that the scenario in Maharashtra buddy !!! ............... 30 % in educational Institutions......... horrible for most of aspiring Engrs, docs, lawyers and alll...................

Pal...double post!!
That is really bad....There shouldnt be no reservation of any type in UG/PG courses.Incentives,scholaships & a lower cut off(may be) can be given to females from economic weaker section.Thats all.
@Srikrishan...Dont worry,that bill never pass as long as Advanis,Laloo etc are there!!
Kamikaze44 Says
But yes, we have 30% reservation in all graduate-pg courses in Maharashtra.....it sucks bigtime guys !!!prior to that, Mech Engg courses didnt have a single lady enrolled !!thnx to reservation, even LADIS with almost 15% less mark have started appearing....!!!!....LADIS who cdnt even have managed a payment seat in c grade coll. started getting a seat in Mech Engg course in a A+ coll....how fairs that guys ? A GN category girl with 80% pcm gets into BE Mech course...a 95% guy cant !!!And abt reservation in Legislatures...whats the point if there are goin to be 30 % rabri devis and jayas and phoolans ???...better not have them !

Pal...double post!!
That is really bad....There shouldnt be no reservation of any type in UG/PG courses.Incentives,scholaships & a lower cut off(may be) can be given to females from economic weaker section.Thats all.
@Srikrishan...Dont worry,that bill never pass as long as Advanis,Laloo etc are there!!
Only thing i like about stone in my path is, when I cross them, they become my milestones!

Even i have never come across anything where a woman just forces her way into a Q.....Seperate Qs is perfectly ok...for concerns of sexual harassment etc....But yes, we have 30% reservation in all graduate-pg courses in Maharashtra.....it sucks bigtime guys !!!prior to that, Mech Engg courses didnt have a single lady enrolled !!thnx to reservation, even LADIS with almost 15% less mark have started appearing....!!!!....LADIS who cdnt even have managed a payment seat in c grade coll. started getting a seat in Mech Engg course in a A+ coll....how fairs that guys ? A GN category girl with 80% pcm gets into BE Mech course...a 95% guy cant !!!And abt reservation in Legislatures...whats the point if there are goin to be 30 % rabri devis and jayas and phoolans ???...better not have them !

Even i have never come across anything where a woman just forces her way into a Q.....Seperate Qs is perfectly ok...for concerns of sexual harassment etc....But yes, we have 30% reservation in all graduate-pg courses in Maharashtra.....it sucks bigtime guys !!!prior to that, Mech Engg courses didnt have a single lady enrolled !!thnx to reservation, even LADIS with almost 15% less mark have started appearing....!!!!....LADIS who cdnt even have managed a payment seat in c grade coll. started getting a seat in Mech Engg course in a A+ coll....how fairs that guys ? A GN category girl with 80% pcm gets into BE Mech course...a 95% guy cant !!!And abt reservation in Legislatures...whats the point if there are goin to be 30 % rabri devis and jayas and phoolans ???...better not have them !

Pal...33% reservation is yet to be implemented. Well the reason behind it to intoduce this bill is that in villages not many girls are allowed to study!! But still the bill is unimplemented.

everytime this debate comes into the picture, it just makes me laugh.... when will these political morons ever learn!!! its a bill that noone ever objects to but it never gets tabled n obviously never gets passed.... what an irony!!! as for the tax exemption n all, i too feel that males in general are unlucky with this... this current government seems hell-bent on reverse discrimination... may the devil bless them..

Regards
The God
RPJ
@RPJ  ·  0 karma

Thanks for the topic. I have on occassions felt the same. There are multiple times I see this and get disturbed.

I work in IT park and we have few parking slots. No brownies for guessing which gender gets the slots closest to the building. The slots that are farther away are well lit, guarded and equally safe - only disadvantage one has to walk long. So why males ?

My lady colleague has the same gross pay as mine but has a better take-home salary. How ? She gets 5000 tax credit for being a 'lady'. There are ladies that bring second incomes to home whereas my wife is home-maker. My opinion is that married guys with single incomes deserve the tax credit more.

The above two examples are few samples of things that gets my nerve when someone does male-bashing and preaches equality. You can't have the cake and eat it too.

On the contrary, I support bus seats being reserved for ladies or them walking straight to the ticket counter. Eve-teasing by few anti-social elements mandates such reservations.

My dear friend...
The 33% reservation thing is already implemented in the engg collegs of MP..
And abt the accident thing have you ever seen a accident between a vehicle droven by a girl and and one by a boy..Invariably the janta in trying to show the heroics to the girl will beat the hell out of the boy..even if the whole fault is of the girl..

PS:No personal experiences involved..hehe

Well, didnt know that MP colleges have 33% quota which is outrightly unfair.Some one was telling me FMS has girls quota!!How far is this true??

Well coming to the accident part,i totally agree that generally its the guy who gets the bashing!! I have seens it. Again, no personal experinces!!