Kurukshetra 2005 at XIMB

1 Post  ·  1 User
About this group
[image] Kurukshetra (B-School version) I do not fear an army of lions, if they are led by a lamb. I do fear an army of sheep, if they are led by a lion. \- Alexander the Great Formal management education focuses o...
Page 1 of 1

Kurukshetra (B-School version)

I do not fear an army of lions, if they are led by a lamb.

I do fear an army of sheep, if they are led by a lion.

- Alexander the Great

Formal management education focuses on learning the general overview of the business process and then trying to pick out a specific area of our liking, on which people specialize. But is this the right approach? Is this method of education really the stuff that tests your mettle, the furnace wherein the die is cast for the future leaders? A careful study of the business leaders reveals that leadership is more than just having a specified knowledge. A leader must have a holistic approach to the business and its problem. (s)He should be able to come up with innovative an effective solution to situation which seems impossible to handle. These are the abilities that goes into making of winner of KURUKSHETRA .

This game tests whether the participants have the real guts to go on and become the change leaders of the future or are they going to be the part of the ever-growing army of mindless followers. The game tries to map out the understanding of the people about the different business processes and hence tries to evaluate leadership skills like cognitive anticipation, stress management, manpower management, ability to convey your vision to your sub-ordinate staff, sang-froid character and above all, the burning desire to win. The game consists of two steps, the first being a paper presentation in the field of interest, as defined by the rules of the same and second, the main strategic game.

Evaluation of the teams on the basis of the paper presentation sent by them is carried out and selection is done for the next round. 24 teams would be the able to get into the second round and then they would have to battle it out among them to get to the next level, where only 8 out of them will reach. The next level is the final round in this epic battle to the top. This epic battle will take place during the annual festival of XIMB called Expressions, which commences from 3rd October 2005.

Observing the game in the past it can be summed up by the following quote of Julius Caesar,

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

For more details visit us at http://www.ximb.ac.in/~beabs
Or Contact us at beabs@ximb.ac.in.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.