Krannert @ Purdue - Interview and Beyond (2007)

203 Posts  ·  47 Users
About this group
Hi All, Has neone heard from Purdue for scheduling of interviews? Cud u plz share the info on when u applied n when u got the int call as well? I have applied on the last day of round1 - 1st Nov n have not heard from them yet... T...
Page 1 of 21

Any updates on other waitlisted candidates? There are quite a few here, who have got a waitlist from Krannert.... Anyone who is still waiting for their decision??
Also, does anyone has any idea, when Krannert is going to give the decision of the waitlisted candidates??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Has anyone good knowldge , how is this course different from the normal
MBA course and were u guys asked to be considered for this course???

Here's what I got from the admissions office when I asked them about the MSIA program...

"Admission to the MSIA does not directly impact your waitlist status for the MBA. If you accept admission to the MSIA, it does not increase or decrease your chances of being offered admission to the MBA. MSIA students are not considered for Krannert scholarships.

You will find that the MSIA and MBA programs are very similar, with the main difference being the length of time (11 vs. 21 months), the number of electives (7 vs. 13) and the cost (approximately $38,000 vs. $60,000). MSIA students tend to be a couple of years older (average age 30 vs. 28 in MBA) and have more work experience. They are also more likely to be international students, male rather than female, and to have a technical degree. Because you take the same core as the MBA students, you will be in classes and teams with them. Therefore, we do not break out the profile further than what is on our website at http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/programs/masters/admissions/2006profiles.pdf

There is very little difference between MBA and MSIA placement. The same companies come for MBA and MSIA students. Krannert enrolled 31 MSIA students in 2006 and 34 in 2005. Some of these students are sponsored by their employers and not permitted to utilize career services. Other non-sponsored students wish to return to their current employer with an excellent education in the shortest time possible for the greatest return on their investment. Both categories reduce the number of MSIA students in the job search. Statistics about the remaining group would present a misleading picture of placement results. Thus we do not break out the profile further than what can be found on our website at
http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/departments/gcs/resources/placstat06_MBA.htm
and also at
http://www.krannert.purdue.edu/programs/masters/admissions/2006profiles.pdf

Since we have your completed application for our two-year MBA program, you do not need to submit any additional documentation to be considered for the MSIA. If you agree the MSIA is a good fit for your interests, please reply to this message to request that your application be switched to the MSIA program. You are not required to do anything more. Once a decision has been made, we will notify you via email."

I declined.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Waitlist converted to admit!!

Hi guys,

Received my admit decision for the MBA program at Krannert today. 'd been WL'd when R1 decisions were released in Feb. I'd sent them a comprehensive essay in march detailing all developments.

I'll be declining this offer anyway, since i'm inclined to go to Fisher (got a nice aid package there). Hope it will help a WL'ed puy to get in. All the best!!

Cheers
Sid
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
debKL Says
I am also in for MSIA

Hi

I am also in for the MSIA course.
My profile is :
GMAT - 700
3 yrs in semiconductor industry
average extracurr

Has anyone good knowldge , how is this course different from the normal
MBA course and were u guys asked to be considered for this course???

thx and rgds
Naveen
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am also in for MSIA

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am in for MSIA
Cheers
Ajay

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all
I have received the same mail from Purdue for MSIA. My profile is
GMAT 690
Work exp 4+ years in Merchant Navy
Anybody else planning to join it?
Cheers
Ajay

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

You can reply at gaurav_it1002@rediffmail.com
or you can call up at 09911559939.

... dude get rid of the email address and mobile no. they are against the forum rules ... btw congrats for the admit ...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Has anybody received similar letter for MSIA program.
Please share.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Ritesh,
I actually got a mail from the director of admissions which goes on like this:

"
On behalf of our students, faculty, and staff, I am pleased to inform you that the Krannert School of Management has approved your admission to our professional master's programs, beginning August 2007. I have forwarded the committee's recommendation for your admission to the Dean of the Graduate School, who will send you an official letter of admission to the University within the next 30 days. We commend you for the record of achievement that has merited your admission to the MBA program and extend our warmest congratulations on your success!

"

and so on. Can you tell me the contents of the mail which indicates about the waiting list etc.

Thanks,
GV
"Here I come "

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...