Krannert fall 2011

151 Posts  ·  34 Users
About this group
Has anybody applied to Krannert for fall 2011? I applied in R1
Page 1 of 16

Can someone tell me How much fees waiver I will get with GMAT-650, Job Exp- 5 years and A2 level cleared in german..

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,

Congratulations to everyone making it to Krannert! And good luck to ones who are still awaiting a response.

Just to introduce myself, my name is Vish and I recently graduated from the Krannert MBA program 2011. And now I am moving on to the corporate world. Since you are all in a position I was in two years back, I thought I can chip in and help you guys out with any questions/ concerns you may have, while you are in the midst of making up your mind and moving.

We can choose to have an organised discussion here with answers to questions that will help everyone or I could take your questions one-on-one on email or other forms of communication. If latter is what you'd like, please send me a private message and I will be sure to respond to you.

Cheers,

Vish.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

puys I need you to help me.. I have still nt heard frm Smith on scholarship ...i have an admit frm Krannert Purdue with 10K scholarship and working out to be much cheaper than Smith.. What should I do ?
Would really appreciate if you can give your honest opinion.

Regards,
Raul

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi,

anyone received I20 from purdue..
i was going through the link provided in the admission letter for getting I20 form.

We need to upload a financial info doc there.
Please provide inputs on what exactly to upload there.
Is there any specific format/template?

Also, i presume that we need to provide financial support for only first year there. Please correct if i am wrong on this.

Further, how much time does it take for I20 to reach here

TIA

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Congrats to all admits!! I too got an offer frm Purdue but with only 10k schol......decided to go with Carey. atb to all out there

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all,
am admitted into krannert mba'11.
didn't receive notification reg. scholarship.
anybody received scholarship? can u give an idea how much is average scholarship offered for an indian student

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thanks vijay for the detailed response.

i am a little at crossroads ryt now...as i have heard highly about york's curriculum..
if you have friends in krannert, please share their details, if possible.

Dkher:

Congratulations, that's a good amount! Decision will be solely yours but I can highlight a few points of discussion I have had with a second year student at Krannert.

1. The choice of a b-school pretty much depends on your future goals and only you can best judge those.

2. Krannert is a great place to be if you want to venture in Operations

3. Krannert is improving over management consulting areas but there would be fewer opportunities for management consulting if that's your goal. Still, do not rule out this option as it all depends on the individual to find and pursue the opportunities.

4. International students do not have much problems in earning GA or a job. I was apprehensive earlier as I had a perception that Internationals do face problems. It's true that domestic students get more opportunities but the only reason for that is that a few companies do not 'sponsor' the internationals as part of their official policy. 'Sponsor' - bearing the expense of changing Visa and other job-related issues.

5. Krannert might not be as renowned but Purdue is a well-known name in India - thanks to it's engineering departments. So, positioning back in India won't be an issue.

That's all the information I had about Purdue - Krannert. I am sure York would also be a great school, so, a tough choice for you mate : )

Let me what you decide.

Vijay
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

thanks vijay for the detailed response.

i am a little at crossroads ryt now...as i have heard highly about york's curriculum..
if you have friends in krannert, please share their details, if possible.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
What is your profile ?? Even I hv received an admit but only 10K scholarship 😞

When did you apply ? N when wer u interviewed ?

GMAT: 720
Work Ex: ~ 5years in telecom industry
Decent acads and extra curricular

I had applied in 2nd round. Was interviewed through skype in the first week of april.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
hi puys,

i had recvd admit from Schulich(York Univ) in march(no scholarship)..had even confirmed my seat for the same..
but recvd admit from Krannert a few days back, n now a healthy scholarship for the first year(full tuition fee + graduate assistantship)...

so now confusion is back again in my life...though the scholarship is very tempting i am still not able to make up my mind..please share your views on the same..
if someone can refer me to a current/ex krannert student, that would be a great help.

any help is highly appreciated.

Dkher:

Congratulations, that's a good amount! Decision will be solely yours but I can highlight a few points of discussion I have had with a second year student at Krannert.

1. The choice of a b-school pretty much depends on your future goals and only you can best judge those.

2. Krannert is a great place to be if you want to venture in Operations

3. Krannert is improving over management consulting areas but there would be fewer opportunities for management consulting if that's your goal. Still, do not rule out this option as it all depends on the individual to find and pursue the opportunities.

4. International students do not have much problems in earning GA or a job. I was apprehensive earlier as I had a perception that Internationals do face problems. It's true that domestic students get more opportunities but the only reason for that is that a few companies do not 'sponsor' the internationals as part of their official policy. 'Sponsor' - bearing the expense of changing Visa and other job-related issues.

5. Krannert might not be as renowned but Purdue is a well-known name in India - thanks to it's engineering departments. So, positioning back in India won't be an issue.

That's all the information I had about Purdue - Krannert. I am sure York would also be a great school, so, a tough choice for you mate : )

Let me what you decide.

Vijay
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...