K.J.SOMAIYA GD/PI Experiences[2012-14]

93 Posts  ·  116 Users
About this group
Hi everyone, On the eve of the interviews, I know that people would be hell lot busy preparing for the final showdown. Therefore I take this opportunity to start off the thread which would be religiously visited by us in the next few days. AL...
Page 1 of 10

Can some one tell about presentation

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

My GD/PI

8th may :PGDM Retail

I reached the campus @ 12.30 . took a rickshaw , but it was walkable distance .
then we got down at the entrance . it was a mighty campus. SIMSR was right at the end . we reached & were led to a waiting room . From there we proceeded to huge classroom where a ppt presentation was setup , A small vdo abt the college and later QnA session with the faculty followed.
Then we were given our topics
1)Information overload : india is spammer no 1 country (something similar)
2)POwer options : do we conduct optimal utilization of our power resources.(somthing similar)

Then we were called out in groups for GD ,
14 people it was bound to be a fish market , A caslet was given on how SNS were harmful as well as benefited us so in the end we had to discuss whether Social networking was beneficial or harmful :grin:

Went well the 90 sec was where i utilised the most ,cld cum in a few times

Then we went in to verify documents ( had a huge goof up there )

PI was really vague ..cant make anything out of it coz they dint grill me at all ,they really didnt like me i suppose : it was over in abt 5/7 mins.There was a Man n lady(she looked really young)
INTR: tell me abt ur self
ME : i fumbled there itself coz i thgt they were reading my Profl sheet so i stopped midway :oops:
Then a few Qs regarding
* retail fdi ,
*how do malls earn their income ,
*askd abt my grad subjects :biggrin:
*What exactly in retail.(tld wntd to a consultant ..):grin:

and bamm it was over it took me some minutes to collect myself that it was over so soon

I think the key was to remain calm ,whenever they probe you on some topic capitalize that n keep expressing your views .

Atb to others ,
Results : rejected,, !

1 comment
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I had my GD/PI for K.J Somiya-FS program on 7th of May here are the experiences....
We were shown video about the dual degree program and about the college.Later the sheets were distributed to us to write essay on ne1..the word limit was 300 words..
1.Can Indian fashion designers are taking our culture to the world(something like that..!!)
2.Can India ever be the most preferred nation in the field of tourism?:biggrin:

later the our documents were verified by staff present there n then we were divided in a group of 14 then sheets of case study were distributed. the topic ws
1. Can CCD survive in India?
we were asked randomly to put our views on it(in 90 sec)..then the house open 4 discussion..:grin:

now begins the PI session..(the most interesting part)
dere were 2 faculty P1 and P2..the questionnaire begins

P1: U did ur graduation from which discipline.
me:I m a BCA graduate.
P1: So u scored a perfect hundred in CET.
me::) yes sir...
P1:GOOD
me:(chal beta good mil gya h ab shuru hoja!!)
P2:What type of business u want to pursue?
me: explained them in full detail.
P1:interesting
P2: U r from IT background den why Finance?
me: answered with slapping a dialogue.
P2: Are u learning smthing 2 improve urself in this secton?
me: Yes sir i have learning economic terms n been reading economic column in newspaper on daily basis.
P2: what type of economic terms?
me:CRR, SLR, REPO RATE, REVERSE REPO RATE N MORE
P1: What is CRR?
me:explained with completing all the above terms by linking each other
P2:GOOD
me:()
P1:what is GDP?
me :told
P1:what is diffrence b/w GDP n GNP?
me:said i dont knw..the only thing i knw is their full form.but i m learning them.
P1:with smile on his face okay thanku
me(cheerio tata bye bye:w00t::w00t: )

ATB 2 u'll guys .. just be urself !!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

From the other thread I came to know that the results will be out before 18th May.

Preetish Panda, Member of Interface - The Marketing Club of SIMSR (2012-14), www. preetish.me
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

So now waiting for the results on 10th June.
ATB to the aspirants

Are you sure the results are on 10th June? So late?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi had my process yesterday on 6 may .Initially we had a video show n by dual degree program mentioned by lai1988 followed by essay

Topics were

1)Mumbai to Shangai a distant dream
2)Breaking news is no news at all

After this we had gd.Were given a caselet regarding web content regulation google facebook issue faced in october.Everyone candidate was initially given 90seconds to speak followed y group discussion.90 seconds talk was good but gd was a fish market :sneaky:

For interview there were 2 cool panelists.Ask questions on my job profile
,Asked on my hobbies i had mentioned reading then asked me about what i read.I went on with books on globalization and all .All in all a cool process.Now awaiting for results

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
HiteshR4 Says
Hi, please tell me how were u informed bout call for gd pi? I have 99.8 percentile in CMAT and when I am putting my Username and password with form number, its giving an error...Please respond fast as tmrw is last date for GD PI.

Check ur mails..they have sent out mails.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi, please tell me how were u informed bout call for gd pi? I have 99.8 percentile in CMAT and when I am putting my Username and password with form number, its giving an error...Please respond fast as tmrw is last date for GD PI.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Results on 10 jun or 18 may ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I had my GDPI today at SIMSR, Mumbai.

First, they will show you a presentation of SIMSR, Dual Degree, Student Exchange etc. Some info about PGDM(FS) viz its a trimester course from this year etc.

Then, you have to write an essay of about 300 words in 15 mins. There will be 2 options- Mine were
a)Can India host a shopping festival like Dubai?
b)Something about Television industry.(can't remember)

The GD / case study was there. Everyone has to give something like an extempore and then normal GD starts for 10 mins.

Finally , the wait for your PI. This takes time. After an hour my turn came. Seemed to be good. Questions ranged from oneself, to why Finance They even ask questions about latest happenings / ministers in the Cabinet.

So now waiting for the results on 10th June.
ATB to the aspirants

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...