Kellogg Class of 2014 Aspirants

79 Posts  ·  45 Users
About this group
Hi Puys. Anyone here applying to Kellogg in R1? They have sent the interview call but I am not able to register myself for 12th November as the application password doenst double up as PIN required to authenticate. Happy to hear from other P...
Page 1 of 8

"Attend the Free webinar By a Kellogg School of Management Alum"

Webinar Time:

10:00 AM EDT (New York time), Saturday, Sep 7th, 2013

i.e. 3:00 PM (London time), Saturday, Sep 7th, 2013

i.e. 7:30 PM (India time), Saturday, Sep 7th, 2013

The webinar starts in a few hours.

Hi All

Get all your questions about application essays, interviews, financing, internships, post-MBA careers, etc answered.To register for this free webinar, visit

http://www.anymeeting.com/PIID=E958DA83834A3B

Feel free to forward this to all your friends who are interested in an MBA.

Regards

InterviewBay

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello All,

I am interested in pursuing MS in Management Studies, so wanted to know what would be an ideal score in GMAT or GRE (Conversion) ? I hope this is the right thread to ask this question related to MS. If not please let me know the correct one.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Zoro406

Hi all ,

GMAT - 720

what are my prospects of getting an admission in kellog ? Do you feel that my engineering percentage can be an impediment . Please reply

School such as Kellogg focus a lot on leadership skills. You will have to focus on leadership points from your profile and incorporate them in your essays. Engineering %age will not be an impediment because you have got a GMAT score of 720.

Official B-school Counselor for Pagalguy Download Mobile App to avail free counseling from Alumni http://bit.ly/1zNtRLi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi all ,

Here's my Profile -10th - 90%

12th - 94%

B.E in Electronics and communication - 73%

ECA - decent (public speaking etc)

Work Experience - 4 years (IT - Software developer in TCS)

GMAT - 720

what are my prospects of getting an admission in kellog ? Do you feel that my engineering percentage can be an impediment . Please reply

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Brodas and sistas,

My cousin is going to Kellogg in a month.........and she would really love some reference/pep-talk before she travels..............

Alums/current students, if you are game for a bout of 'giving gyaan', please pm

Aritro

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

Following are my stats:

10th - 83.6%
12th - 76%
B.E.(ECE) - 82.1% (Anna University, 2009)

Work-Ex: 30 months (as of April'12) in Infosys Ltd. as a Test Engineer, of which 8 months I had spent in Melbourne, working for a leading Wealth Management company to build a good rapport and secure long-term commitment (in IT outsourcing projects) from the company.
I have handled a team of 4, delegated responsibilities, was involved in Test Planning, Test Strategy and Test Estimates for various modules, with time and resource constraint, I had organised meetings with the Business and Development team to discuss on the outstanding defects and possible work-arounds, played an influential role in decision-making on the design and requirements front and maintained a healthy progress in the work.The result was an award from the Client for the Best Performance. I had the opportunity to interact with people from different cultures viz. Asians(excluding Indians), Brits and Australians.

Back at the Offshore, when working for a leading American Bank, I handled a team of 8 and showcased my leadership skills as above and was awarded Best Performance for the Quarter.

Though, on the role, I'm still a Test Engineer, I could showcase my leadership skills by proactively taking up Lead roles when given an opportunity. I could use the brainstorming sessions effectivety to motivate my team to work towards the common goals and had a good success.

On the personal front, I had organised and managed, along with a couple of my peers, the Cultural and Technical fests in my College right from the scratch. Was awarded with the Lead Organiser of the event. Apart from that, I had presented papers at various colleges to showcase my communication and public speaking abilities. Also, I took up the initiative, along with four others, to use our newly built R&D; and work on a Research project (microcontrollers) under our professor's guidance.

From my interest to travel around different places, back in Australia, I organized and managed our tour to various places around Aussie.

GMAT: 700(QA 50/ VA 34) AWA:5

Aim/Goal: Looking forward to do an MBA(in Marketing) at ISB or top US B-Schools and subsequently work for a few years in Industrial products/Consumer products company afterwhich I will want to take up the entreprenurial route.

Questions:
1. I would like to know, if my GMAT(as such) is sufficient to qualify for the addmissions?
2. The odds of getting through the admissions in Kellogg for the Fall'13

Looking forward to your valuable suggestions/insights on my proile enhancement!

Cheers,
kc

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi,

I am looking to apply for the Kellog One Year Program in for 2014 Joining.

I have a Gmat score of 730 and have a degree in Mech Engg.

And will have 4 years of work experience, 1 year in a startup, 1 year in a Small Enterprise and 2 years as Consultant in Business Advisory in the Big Four.

I wanted to know if someone could advise me on how to improve my profile and which institute will offer me courses that Kellogg requires prior to admission in Delhi.

Hard to get into more detail without further specifics. In general, putting in a well rounded application is key. That means solid scores (good GMAT - which you have, and good GPA), work experience that indicates growth, recognition and leadership, well thought out and well articulated career goals (even more critical for a 1 Year Program) and essays, solid recommendations and an overall personality that would indicate a strong fit with the Kellogg culture.

Adiyogi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Adiyogi,

I am really interested in joining Kellogg as I strongly feel it suits my personality and future goals.

I had applied in R2 and got waitlisted on the 26th of March.
Do you have any suggestions as to what i should mention in the update letter to the AdComs? I am thinking of putting down few updates on the resume along with a few sentences stating that if I do get admitted at Kellogg, I will surely attend the program.

Honestly, I have been admitted at another school but I am more inclined towards Kellogg because after visiting Kellogg and talking to the students and faculty there, and talking to a few alums, I feel that the curriculum and the school in general (not stating many details here as it might not be appropriate to write the Why Kellogg essay on this medium) will greatly benefit me in my future goals.

Thanks

Being on the Waitlist is just unfortunate, because it clearly indicates the school likes you/is interested in you. However, to the best of my knowledge, there's nothing you can do now to get off the Waitlist, other than "waiting". Wouldn't hurt to send the email you are referring to, but again, not much else to do. Good luck.

Adiyogi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi I am from a family business b/g
B.Com (H) major in finance and accounting - 2006
about 6 years work-ex
Gmat - 670

I interviewed with a person in kolkata who had done a 1Y MBA from kellogg. Surprisingly he was much younger to me but anyways he was pretty professional as an interviewer, pretty friendly and approachable.
Standard questions - why mba why now why kellogg, few details about my business. Interview was about 70 odd minutes

I got waitlisted on March 28, and was asked not to contact anyone before the 2nd of April. They said they do not rank w/l candidates and the first admit/deny notifications will go up on april 16 and second one on may 9.

Im going to put in my update and send them a very formal email showing genuine interest and stating I am going to attend the school if admitted.
Wish me luck broheems!!

Good luck.

Adiyogi
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,

I am looking to apply for the Kellog One Year Program in for 2014 Joining.

I have a Gmat score of 730 and have a degree in Mech Engg.

And will have 4 years of work experience, 1 year in a startup, 1 year in a Small Enterprise and 2 years as Consultant in Business Advisory in the Big Four.

I wanted to know if someone could advise me on how to improve my profile and which institute will offer me courses that Kellogg requires prior to admission in Delhi.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...