Kelley fall 2012

226 Posts  ·  43 Users
About this group
Looks like the fall 2011 thread is now history. :smiley: no posts since months. http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/59702-kelley-fall-2011-a-22.html So I am starting this new thread for this year apps....
Page 1 of 23

Is there a thread for Fall 2013 here?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
I got an admit from Kelley too for the round 2 deadlines.

I also received a speed mail from kelley today , but other than the broucher and a letter from James there is nothing mentioned in it.

Is this the final admissions packet that people talk about? Does this mean I get no scholarship/GA ? Or The scholarship/GA is intimated via the email?

Profile : 710 /3 yrs IT/ Btech IIT/ Very good EC

Regards
Adi

I recieved the packet today. I have got some scholarship so i think it is the final packet.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I got an admit from Kelley too for the round 2 deadlines.

I also received a speed mail from kelley today , but other than the broucher and a letter from James there is nothing mentioned in it.

Is this the final admissions packet that people talk about? Does this mean I get no scholarship/GA ? Or The scholarship/GA is intimated via the email?

Profile : 710 /3 yrs IT/ Btech IIT/ Very good EC

Regards
Adi

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Anyone converted the waitlist to admit from round one?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
munish4130 Says
Thanks Bharath.. did you get a chance to talk to some indian students? Well i have heard that due its location disadvantage International students have hard time in finding jobs. There is no doubt that kelley as a brand i better and well known .. My heart is inclined towards kelley only.. any idea how the international's placement is like?

There weren't any indian applicants who were present at the dinner. There were Indian alumni though. I was the only prospective Indian applicant there :)

As for placements, I was told that international students do have to work harder than others in finding a job and a lot of indian students get jobs through contacts that they seek on their own. But it isn't any different at Kelley than it is at any other school that is similarly ranked.

If you have admissions from other schools i would consider scholarship as a huge factor. Unless you are talking about schools that are very very different in terms of quality (or ranking).

If your interest is marketing, then Kelley is the school for you. I didn't get the same kind of vibe for other concentrations.

~Bharath
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Whats your dilemma Munish?

If you're interested in Marketing, Kelley is the school!!

I attended a Kelley alumni dinner in Chicago last month and met some faculty from Marketing in the dinner. I also met a lot of alumni as Chicago is one of the largest alumni base for Kelley. All of them speak highly of the program. Moreover FT ranked Kelley #2 globally, in marketing programs.

You can wait and see if you hear anything from them on scholarship.

All the best!!
Bharath

P.S - Yay for my 2000th post!!

Thanks Bharath.. did you get a chance to talk to some indian students? Well i have heard that due its location disadvantage International students have hard time in finding jobs. There is no doubt that kelley as a brand i better and well known .. My heart is inclined towards kelley only.. any idea how the international's placement is like?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello,
This is my first post on this thread.. and I have some great news to share... I have been admitted to Kelley as well. :D

So any one from Pune on this Thread ??

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yippeee..I'm still reeling in disbelief.Finally made it to Kelley.
Awaiting Scholarship decision now.Any idea how generous kelley is?

Profile:730,5 yrs,IT consulting.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
thanks eminem... i have offers from smu cox with 66000$ schol and schulich...waitlisted at boston.. i am in a dilema nw...
Bharath i was intrviewed by Brad on 26th Jan..
Gmat 740
WE 3.5 yrs
avg acads
good ec

Whats your dilemma Munish?

If you're interested in Marketing, Kelley is the school!!

I attended a Kelley alumni dinner in Chicago last month and met some faculty from Marketing in the dinner. I also met a lot of alumni as Chicago is one of the largest alumni base for Kelley. All of them speak highly of the program. Moreover FT ranked Kelley #2 globally, in marketing programs.

You can wait and see if you hear anything from them on scholarship.

All the best!!
Bharath

P.S - Yay for my 2000th post!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...