[Jul-Aug 2012] India Tour of SriLanka!!

41 Posts  ·  17 Users
About this group
Hola people, Time for cricket fans to get back to some discussions :mg: Here we kick off the season after a short break post IPL. :mg: Indian team starts it off with the short tour to Sri Lanka. Use this thread for all ...
Page 1 of 5

Finally after a long time .... found the thread... to pour my cricket feelings,,,,

Irfan pathan with new ball looks better than zaheer/yadav... he just need to increase his pace by 8-10 kms/hr... got dilshan out with trademark late inswinger.... BEAUTY

Post MURLI --- lankan pitches have become sporty with descent aid to fast bowlers,, its strange that currently SRI LANKA has the worst bowling attack amongst the top TEST

TEAMS...

PS: Rahi bhai/Vision bhai/naga bhai & other puys... great to see u puys keeping cricket threads alive & kicking... some respite for cricket freaks like me...

LIFE is all about choices u make & so is CAT !!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Gambhir and Kohli carrying on with their super, consistent form .. Irfan has showed again the value of a bowling all rounder to this Indian side, his performance in the last ODI (5 wickets) and during the chase with Raina (3rd ODI) was notable ..

Concerns for India:
- Middle order - Time for Raina to be promoted to no.4? What happens to Rohit
- Rahane in place of Sehwag
- Zaheer's form has somewhat slackened since the last 12-15 months

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@rahicecream said: Lots at stake in this dead rubber. 1) India can displace Aussies from no-1 rank after a long long time. 2) Time for my 4-1 prediction to get right 3)Will No-hit sharma get another game?
2) We can surely count on this today..

3) I cant see sharma anymore....He bats badly..just because he fields well dosent make any good....
{We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.}
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Lots at stake in this dead rubber.
1) India can displace Aussies from no-1 rank after a long long time.
2) Time for my 4-1 prediction to get right ;)
3)Will No-hit sharma get another game? :P

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
@angadsharma said:Kohli's purple patch continues....Its high time that he should now be rated along with the likes of Sehwag's , Sachin's , Dhoni's , Yuvraj's...... \m/
Rahane should pitch in place of Sehwag probably for next ODI
BTW..What is the Squad for T20 against SL ?
Squad remains the same as far as i remember 😃
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
india won the series

when i m there in india they loose
JCU Singapore 2012 - 2013
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Kohli's purple patch continues....Its high time that he should now be rated along with the likes of Sehwag's , Sachin's , Dhoni's , Yuvraj's...... \m/

Rahane should pitch in place of Sehwag probably for next ODI

BTW..What is the Squad for T20 against SL ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

India wins the series convincingly :thumbsup:

Major credit to some good show put up by Kohli, Gambhir, Raina and some good bowling except at death overs.

Rohit Sharma continues to be a flop, good to see Tiwari encashing the opportunity, Pathan having a decent series so far ( much needed for India from all rounder perspective ).

Still wondering to see Rohit continuing and Rahane not getting a chance.

Anyways, good start for the season and much needed booster before India returns for World Cup T20 !!

** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Is the balance of the team less important than accommodating an individual in the team ? Seriously baffling

You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Yesterday again showed the frailty of the current batting line up in conditions even slightly conducive to bowling.

The problem is not in number of batsmen in the line up, 6 batsmen is a good way forward. The problem is in the composition.

Sehwag has been very inconsistent in the last 3-4 years, and the middle order apart from Kohli does not have a mature, patient approach. Rohit Sharma and Raina have not delivered that well. Unless the track is a belter, Rahane should get to play. With him, at least 3 players (Gambhir and Kolhi the other two) can be relied upon to play a patient, mature kind of innings.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...