Join IIFT or NOT?..The BIG Question

55 Posts  ·  35 Users
About this group
Hi i have an IIFT-D convert...now i am extremely skeptical abt joining it. Let me give you a brief overview of my profile:- Xth 93.xx(cbse) XII 93.xx(cbse) Grad-73% in ECE (NSIT) Currently working in deloitte as a functional con...
Page 1 of 6

guys...i think that we are going overboard here...i think there is nopoint discussing this issue any more...coz lastly its entirely an individual decision..i have seen ppl giving up good instis for 4-5 years in a row just to get their " dream"..insti nyhow..and in the meantime they dont even bother abt the time passing by...but thats their call...their passion ...on the flip side i have seen ppl who were capable of cracking any insti but somehow fell short in first attempt..settled for second or third best kind of insti..and moved ahead because they believe somewhere down the line they will be able to make up for that..and nothing else matters......so its upto an individual to decide what he wants..package,brand,satisfaction..etc. you yourself know what you are good at and what you need or dont need to be successful and more importantly "satisfied" in life.
PS- I aint givin any gyan..just felt the we should not have a heated debate on trivial issues. we are all here for helping each other without hurting anyone. I hope my intentions are understood. ATB.:thumbsup:

7 likes
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
You know what..i was looking at advice here not bickering and defending what i wrote...well i dont need to...i stand by what i say...NSIT is a great college i love it...however it lacks in RECOGNITION...i am saddened by it and i am doing everything in my capacity to improve that.

Yes i donot know u personally but 'by the picture you paint' u seem to be a big fan of hypocrisy.

@Detachment--seems like u were really looking for recognition after people embarrassed you with "is that err a college?" thing. good that you got some. Please don't join IIFT. you already know that you are among the best.
If you know everything why do you even care to post a query on PG? some guys tries to give you some information keeping in mind your confusion over YOUR career and all you do is blah blah blah "i don't care i know everything that is played with data and you are a hypocrite". all you are trying to do here is get little advice and more recognition.
IIFT, Delhi batch of 2011-13
You know what..i was looking at advice here not bickering and defending what i wrote...well i dont need to...i stand by what i say...NSIT is a great college i love it...however it lacks in RECOGNITION...i am saddened by it and i am doing everything in my capacity to improve that.

Yes i donot know u personally but 'by the picture you paint' u seem to be a big fan of hypocrisy.

u knw what i dont have a reply to this
I loose this verbal dual ...you win it
I m nobody ...ur the man with ur fancy job and all
why waste ur time belittleing me
plz seriously excuse me
The picture u paint for urself on this thread is a sad one.
Your general tone and views throughout the thread has been conveying not that what your college lacks but how u feel embarrased about its non recognition
and dont make it personal please by calling me a hypocrite ...you barely know me man

and ya, b4 calling ny1 a hypocrite look within urself
u r here belittling ur college and company but i m sure u wont be saying the same in ur office or to ur collegemates.

DUDE!!!!...must say u really do need to understand sarcasm!!!..{'''}..doesnt indicate direct speech alone!!!Please do google up 'sarcasm' and make a good read of it for u really dont have any idea abt it.

PS--u bought it on urself!..never wanted it to go down this way!

whats thr in it, i google a lot of things and will google sarcasm also. and dnt think u can get away wid ur words if u foolishly wave ur hands high in the air and do a (""). frankly speaking its quite gay. dnt join iift its nt for u and m sure u will feel "embarassed" ovr thr. u hv a gud attitude n kip it up. dnt settle for anything less(i use it for my lady frns). and ya do post about ur admissions next yr.

If your deloitte job is that awesome non tech profile everyone hankers after, don't go for IIFT. Even if you don't make it to an IIM, you will have a good profile to try abroad. The jump you will get would be enormous if you make it to a good b-school abroad.

Detachment Says
Thanks for the encouragement:cheerio:

You seem to be an IIM Material. Go for it man :thumbsup:
And IIFT overall average is 11.6LPA whereas its domestic average, in my opinion,wont be crossing 10 LPA. Having said that, in the long term, IIFT is a great brand to have in our CV.
the reports you mentioned have been 'badly mutilated' and i believe there really dont depict a true picture of the placement scenario.

I suppose u are one big believer of HYPOCRISY, for i am not and i say the truth that ppl really dont know the actual worth of NSIT.When you are good,u need/deserve recognition and this is what troubles NSIT.

Accepting the truth and realizing the problem that plagues is better than living in a FOOL's Paradise.

and you dare not chide me for putting dirt on my college because I know where my college lacks in and where it is kick ass so it needs a lot of courage to give unbaised opinions!

The picture u paint for urself on this thread is a sad one.
Your general tone and views throughout the thread has been conveying not that what your college lacks but how u feel embarrased about its non recognition
and dont make it personal please by calling me a hypocrite ...you barely know me man
Rooney7 Says
Depends on ur circumstances, but IIFT is a good bet for u, and if other ppl are not gettin good package doesnt mean u cant too, since u have very good profile

Thanks for the encouragement:cheerio: