Job profiles post PGSEM : Roles in Organisation

2 Posts  ·  18 Users
About this group
Hello, I have a few queries, I am located at Mumbai but I am aspiring for PGSEM at IIM Bangalore and preparing for its test in March. I am having 7.5 years exp in IT industry. In my current company which is an MNC, people usually with ...
Page 1 of 1
@S V Rao : That's a valid enough question...and I couldnt dig up any threads which specifically addresses the job roles post PGSEM....am changing the thread title to reflect the content and if you have any doubts regarding PGSEM the following thread might interest you
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/pgsemiimb-25010754

I personally think the best bet would be for you to contact a passed out student or someone currently pursuing the course to get a better idea...I unfortunately cannot recollect anyone from the forum who is currently pursuing it..:whatthat:

anyway if you do get any information do pass it on to others in this very same thread...:)

Mucha gracious!

Girish...!
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Hello,

I have a few queries, I am located at Mumbai but I am aspiring for PGSEM at IIM Bangalore and preparing for its test in March.

I am having 7.5 years exp in IT industry. In my current company
which is an MNC, people usually with 8+ yrs experience get promoted as Managers. But then their role is limited to perform activities related to Project Management and very less related to Business or Technical. I am aspiring to have a combination of both Business as well as Technical aspects in my job profile in future and not just Project Management.

I have read a lot of posts in this forum that Software Dev is not just Project Management. Now my quesion is what roles can I aspire for in future. I have heard that companies like Wipro,MindTree,etc provide excellent roles
in different areas on a rotation basis. All along I have been in
working in Technical Area hence I am not sure about the various
roles one can aspire for. Can someone throw some light in this
regard. It will be certainly very helpful.

S V Rao
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.