Job Frustration

20 Posts  ·  14 Users
About this group
Hi frens, I am working for an Indian IT service company and I welcome any one who wants to speak his heart out.If you have the same frust like me.....ur welcome. Yaar, these people make us work so much almost 12 hrs /day and we get just ...
Page 1 of 2
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/an-it-pros-life-is-a-dogs-life-25006761

I think this is a more suitable thread , as most likely the mods are gonna come and lock this thread

regards
and take care
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
Theres always two sides to a coin.
One one hand there are ppl who are passionate about this field and they are into work that they are actually learning from.
In many cases, the company is paying them much less than what they are worth and what the company bills the client.
Then there are many IT professionls who hardly do any work.. not cause of any fault of theirs.. there is the concept of "BENCH" or in MBA jargon "resource pools"... then there are many who are into so called "projects" and are not given any challenging work.. these associates are being paid much more than the effort they put in...
So some where i believe the company is balancing it all out..
The most important thing is to realize if you are cut out for this work or not..
If yes, then again u need to analyze what area u want to focus in and how to get there from where u are currently standing..
For eg : if u r in SAP field and into coding(or ABAP) , u can think about shifting to the functional side in SAP.
IF you are sure that you are not cut out, best thing is to start thinkin about wht options u ve for a career change.. like an MBA .. u can fund urself with ur current job (even if it is frustrating ) till then..
Till next time...
Byeeeeee
ABJ Says
U get all in IT. 24 hrs net, wonderful conditions, free ka chai pani, bhadiya khana, highly educated people all around and ofcourse a gud salary. Yeah, but if u r not good at ur work, then not just IT, any sector will suck. Frankly me quite a jerk when it comes to programming:puppydog:. Have been unfortunately put into the bug-fixing team, but fortunately have been riding smoothly for quite a while now . But it was this worthlessness and the fear of losing my job that got me into preparing for MBA(ofcourse it was not the sole reason). But y shud I curse IT? It's COOL 😃 (mast A.C. mein chaubis ghante)

dats where the prob lies..tempt u with the so called good working conditions...but thn are we paid proportionately to wat the company earns on our behalf??
a developer is charged ard 60$ per hour and we are paid jus over a dollar or 2 per hour...is this fair???
the prob is the ever increasing popualation of our country and the milllions of people ready to replace me....
THe money and the comfortable work conditions is wat attracted me here,but now i realise my mistake...its been 2 years since i finished my engg,dats y cant even get back to dat line again...

one big lesson i have learnt is that work satisfaction is many a times more imp than the moolah....

Thanks Krish for supporting me.Well frens as of now I am in UK for an onsite but service industry is not that happening.The work,the pay the work culture of product companies is far more better.And thatz what makes the diff!!!!

Dude...its more about what one wants to do....and not bcoz one cannot handle this easy job.....IT is one of the easiest.....Onsite opportunities after 2-3 yrs....but its all about what u r passionate about....and that I can understand what gaurav feels bcoz I too have been through the same....

ABJ
@ABJ  ·  0 karma
U get all in IT. 24 hrs net, wonderful conditions, free ka chai pani, bhadiya khana, highly educated people all around and ofcourse a gud salary. Yeah, but if u r not good at ur work, then not just IT, any sector will suck. Frankly me quite a jerk when it comes to programming:puppydog:. Have been unfortunately put into the bug-fixing team, but fortunately have been riding smoothly for quite a while now . But it was this worthlessness and the fear of losing my job that got me into preparing for MBA(ofcourse it was not the sole reason). But y shud I curse IT? It's COOL 😃 (mast A.C. mein chaubis ghante)
That was good :-)
But yaar IT ko itna bhi gaali mat de.....and why do u want recession yaar......abhi kam se kam kharcha paani to nikal raha hai :-)
Internet bhi 24hrs hai.....:-)

kharcha paani nikal raha hain?jab se yeh job lagi hain, below poverty line aa gaya hooon...
Hey Gaurav, just chill. IT sector pays quite well dear.
I too am in bug fixing, used to work a lot. But now i earn for free. Don't do a thing. Have, off late, started playing games at work. It's fun
Which company do u work in?
Did u take MBA exams this year. I had taken them. Have got into SJMSOM, IIT B, so life has become quite easy since then. But frankly i don't know a word of C or C++. Have tried a lot, all in vain. So office work was really getting terrible for me. But now, I just come to the company, bakar with frnds, surf net, play games n go back. And me getting paid for nothing actually:)
P.S. The above views are not a generalization. This period comes just once in ur life. U have got into a college for higher studies, waiting to put ur papers and just njoying the last few days...

I m turning green 😃
Hey Gaurav, just chill. IT sector pays quite well dear.
I too am in bug fixing, used to work a lot. But now i earn for free. Don't do a thing. Have, off late, started playing games at work. It's fun
Which company do u work in?
Did u take MBA exams this year. I had taken them. Have got into SJMSOM, IIT B, so life has become quite easy since then. But frankly i don't know a word of C or C++. Have tried a lot, all in vain. So office work was really getting terrible for me. But now, I just come to the company, bakar with frnds, surf net, play games n go back. And me getting paid for nothing actually:)

P.S. The above views are not a generalization. This period comes just once in ur life. U have got into a college for higher studies, waiting to put ur papers and just njoying the last few days...
BUGS BUNNY Says
But i think TCS is in Noida not gurgaon

BUGS bhai....ab BUG mat karo (kidding) :-)
oye...ki farak penda hai kithe bhi ho :-)

Aur location ko le lar bug mat kerna 😃