Ivey MBA April 2011 Applicants and Admits

316 Posts  ·  63 Users
About this group
Hi All, This thread is for all the applicants to Ivey April 2011 MBA program. Good luck to all those who have applied in the early round. Please feel free to post. I am also an applicant for the program. Cheers
Page 1 of 32

Hi
I am Ashish Mehta, I am Working with Syncrude Canada, Fort Mcmurray, Alberta, Canada.
Exp- 6.5 Years in Oil and Gas Industry.
Education- BE Chemical - Fist Class
GMAT- Date taken January 5th 2012.
Extracurricular - volunteer with Red Cross Canada
I need help for Recommendation letter, I have worked at India until last year. Most of my achievements are with Indian Offices/ Bosses, Here i have to start all over again, Nothing substantial achieved yet in professional career. I am in dilemma that should i take all 3 letter from Indian boss ? or 2 from india and 1 from Canada ? Can someone suggest ?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hi
I wanted to apply for the fall'11 session @ ivey but could not do so.
I am now looking at the spring'12 session.
overlord , any views on the program beginning in Spring.

Kindly clear my below doubts too:

1. is the program cost of the session in Spring'12 same as that of the program beginning in Fall?
2.Is the placement drive same for the students in the two above mentioned programs i.e Fall and Spring?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hope so! Thanks a lot..!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
MBAfocus Says
Sorry to hear that morph.. I too had my i/v on 18th and m awaiting result! BTW, when (date) did u hear about your reject?

I recieved an email on 21st. The lady had told me that the last date for ppl to get to know the result would be Jan 28th. So all the best mate. Hope you make it.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sorry to hear that morph.. I too had my i/v on 18th and m awaiting result! BTW, when (date) did u hear about your reject?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
druid007 Says
hey bud..how did your interview go?...did the adcomm interview you or an alumni??..i have mine on the 26th via skype...

Hey guys,

sorry had been off PG fr sometime.
Had my interview and it had gone well. It was with some lady from Adcom. i dnt rem her name. it was not ashley, that i am sure of.
btw, i gt a reject. I still dnt understand why. all the best for ppl aplying.
tc
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
overlord Says
my short term goal was consulting too and I tied that to Ivey and my long term goal was to open a mark consultin firm of my own and i tied that to Canada.....which made sense......but in ur case I guess u'll have to harp on how Ivey is the best place for consultin thanks to the case based methodology and also talk abt the placement team, the "get Connected week", etc............also since u will b talkin abt consulting do a lil bit of research on consulting firms...try to talk abt the firms that you are looking at gettin into post mba.........check if these firms come to Ivey...and have a few reasons to give when they ask u y these firms..........my dream was bain and I came up with abt 4-5 reasons as to y bain and not BCG or Mckin and these reasons again into my long term goals.........wat I'm tryin to say is that have a complete story without nay loose ends.....pm if u have more qs......

Overlord, your posts have been a great help. Got an admit offer today. Was wondering if there is a forum where I could touch base with prospective students.
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Sorry to hear that. What other schools did you apply to?

-Bhavya (MBA '09 Booth)

Hi Puys,

I got a mail from Niki today informing about the reject. So best of luck to the rest
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

-----------

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi Puys,

I got a mail from Niki today informing about the reject. So best of luck to the rest

Hey Puys,

Has anyone from R3 heard from Ivey about their results? And what time lines have been told during the interview time, I was told when I was applying that I will hear about the results by Jan 21

Cheers, VM
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...